HVD Viva Hotel(Golden Sands)
US$207
Grifid Hotel Metropol(Golden Sands)
US$283
US$237
US$226
Grifid Hotel Arabella(Golden Sands)
US$264
Travelocity
US$225
Cancelon
  • Pool
Orchidea Boutique Spa(Golden Sands)
Hotels.com
Gradina Hotel(Golden Sands)(Great Value!)
All reviewsprivate beachrivieranoiseguestsreception
Reviewed 3 September 2017

The Hotel Lotos was well worth the money, as it provided me with tranquillity and luxury. It is located in the southern part of Golden Sands within an area of forest, the hotel used to be part of the summer residence of the Bulgarian Government in the 1960s to 1980s. The biggest advantage of the hotel is that it has a private beach for the use of the guests, with the provision of Sun Lounges and parasols being free of charge. The free use of the Sun Lounges by the hotel's guests helps in the long run to save both time and money. As regards the food served at the hotel's dinning room, both at breakfast and Evening meals was of the highest quality and would appeal to European tastes. The room in which I resided during my seven nights' stay, was luxury personified. I found that room was really large and comfortable, and the balcony area was very spacious indeed. This was actually the first ever occasion, that I ever got access to a sea view from a hotel room. The room had all the amenities one would expect, a multi-channel television, a mini-bar, a room safe and, a well planned out and clean bathroom. Speaking of the location, the hotel is ideally situated away from the noise of the Golden Sands resort, but the centre of the resort is in easy reach of about 10 minutes. Going to Varna is strait forward as the main bus stop is located just outside the Rivera Complex (of which the Lotos Hotel is a part of) A one way ticket to Varna is just 3 Leva. The majority of the guests came from Russia, Germany, Bulgaria, Romania and other European countries, there were no British guests, apart from myself. This did not prove to be a problem for me, as I have a rudimentary understanding of those languages. I had no issues in connection with for the mini-bar,as I was not overcharged by the hotel for the use of it, and only for what I had consumed. The receptionist named Sonia was efficient and helpful (as well being extremely beautiful) in making transit from the hotel to the airport as smooth as possible. All credit to Balkan Holidays for having my airport transport arrived early. The only complaints I would make was that the room safe was difficult to operate and had no clear instructions, and on the trivial side, the room television set did not have Planeta Music TV channel in its channel selection (watching Planeta TV is all part of the Bulgaria Travel experience). Overall a ten out of ten for high quality accommodation and excellent location, plus some outstanding staff. Highly recommend for any stay in Golden Sands or the Varna area!!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Songun1953
Sales M, Director of Sales at Lotos Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2018

Dear guest,

Thank you for your kind review!
We are happy to hear that we have contributed for your wonderful holiday in Bulgaria. More over, we are delighted to read reviews as yours!
Thank you once again and, we are looking forward to have you as our guest again! We will do our best to make your stay in our hotels as pleasant as possible.

Kind regards,
Sales&Marketing Department
Riviera Holiday Club

Reviewed 27 August 2016

The hotel is very well positioned, next to the beach
Very quiet location, although it is only 10 mins away from the commercial center
Nice hotel staff- we were welcomed at the hotel with a beautiful surprise- received an upgrade for our double room to an apartment
Beautiful garden
Big swimming pool, but did not use it, as we were very close to the beach
Food diversity - very good breakfast

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 294458Andreea
Reviewed 13 August 2016

The hotel and staff were very nice and professional. The restaurant staff a little bit on the rookie side and not very service oriented. I had a not so nice experience with one of the staff from the restaurant when I went to get some water for my daughter from the restaurant... she said it was closed and was more or less giving me attitude because I was there while the restaurant was closed. Overall though, the trip was a success and everything was very good and I would definitely recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: All rooms are good and with more or less a view of the water. The higher you are the better view you get.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Calin L
Reviewed 26 July 2016 via mobile

It is a lovely, somewhat numb hotel.
The general atmosphere is of an old-time sanitarium, many guests are seniors and guests are expected to keep quiet...

The lady at the reception was very kind when we arrived. The rooms are fine, the dining room is dull, but has a lovely terrace for breakfast.
Breakfast is good, a large choice of food.

The beach is gorgeous. Well maintained, clean, comfortable. Lovely sun beds. Some low-profile water sports. Lovely swimming pool. It can be enjoyed by daily visitors as well, for a fee.

When we booked the 5 rooms we did (through booking.com) the only option was half board. After one dinner with average hotel dishes, given the wonderful variety of excellent restaurants around, we did not use the half board meal anymore.

There are some "tricks". Parking costs money (10 Bl), which we were unaware of before.

The bitter ending was that upon check-out, we were charged for items from the minibar that we didn't use. There is no way out, they can (and obviously will) charge you for whatever they will. When we tried arguing that we only had a can of soft drink and did NOT consume any alcohol, we were called liars by the receptonist (Mr. Ivanov, I think). How unfortunate of him. We spent so much money there, one would assume that we wouldn't stoop so low over 40 Bl. I mean, we left 20 Bl as a tip for the maid (which we pulled back after the scene at the reception).
I find it extremely rude and unprofessional and it made us leave with a bitter taste. It teinted the whole visit. So many hotels in Golden Sands, surely you can find one where guests are not called thieves and liars.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
3  Thank nushki65
Reviewed 10 August 2015 via mobile

We went with another couple and stayed in a beautiful apartament!
The apartament was huge, with 3 rooms, 3 bathrooms and a great sea-facing terace! Clean, spatious, and excelent view! Great room and bar service!
A lot of space in the room's closet( heaven for a fashionista!)
About the food, i can't complain, as they do the best to serve all kinds of foods, fresh, and for everybody's tastes! Yes, at dinner you have to buy the drinks, but there more than affordable!
Although some staff members speak poor english, they know enough to serve you or understand what you want! Had no problem in communicating with them! Very hard working people in the staff!
Hotel has it's own pool, a nearby beach, and beach bar, and it's also in a quiet area, so i find it perfect for couples or families with kids!
There is also a bazar, not far away, where you can find almost anything to buy (bags, glasess, jewelery, food, shoes...). The bazar holds also teraces, restaurants, fast-food diners, and clubs:)!
Overall, a great stay!