“Great value !”

PrimaSol Sunlight Sunrise
Ranked #28 of 111 Hotels in Golden Sands
Reviewed 7 August 2011

My wife and I just got back from this hotel, where we stayed for one night this week-end (city break). We went to Golden Sands resort without any reservation and searched for available rooms at different hotels there. After 7-8 hotels which were either fully booked or way too expensive, we found this hotel which was about half the price of others (about eur 45 per double room, B&B). We had stayed at another Primasol hotel in Golden Sands 5 years before (Excelsior), and we had been very pleased with our experience then, so we were glad we found this room available and for such a good price. The hotel is very good for a 3 star hotel, the furniture and appliances are about 5-6 years old (they used to be very modern in 2005, they were the same as those at Primasol Excelsior in 2006, now they are a bit outdated, and some of the furniture is beginning to show signs of usage), I think a little renewing of the rooms and some touches here and there could turn the hotel into a 4 star one. There were some luxury rooms which had more elegant doors and different numbering than the normal ones (starting with thousands instead of hundreds) but we don't know how they looked inside or how much they costed. Our room was clean, the bathroom was nice and pretty modern, we had air conditioning, and a small CRT TV, but we liked it, it felt warm. The breakfast was incredible for a 3 star bulgarian hotel: buffet with lots of delicious kinds of food, everything of very good quality. The hotel offered also all inclusive system to those who wanted, but we only chose B&B, because we also wanted to go out for lunch and dinner (LOTS of resaturants and terraces in Golden Sands, one more appealing than another). The hotel also has WI-FI in the lobby area, indoor and outdoor swimming pools, a spa area, and free transport to their private beach, once an hour (except for the WI-FI we didn't get to use any of that due to the short time). About the reception staff we had mixed feelings: one of the girls at the reception was very nice and helpful at check-in and check-out; another gave me a very angry look when I asked her if the hotel offered the late check out facility, for extra cost, and how much it would be. She was obviously annoyed about me asking this and answered me in very angry tone that it is only possible to stay two hours past check-out and that it costed EUR 20 (almost half of the price of one night). Overall, this incident didn't change my opinion about the hotel, and the good price and fairly good conditions made up for it, but if I had stayed for more days and came across this kind of attitude more, I would have given it a lower mark, deffinately. Two more things: the hotel has an entertaining team which puts up different shows for the guests at the hotel's terrace, but very loudly and between 2 and 5 pm, and at evenings, until 10-11 pm, so if you plan on getting some rest... I think you should be aware of this aspect. the other thing is that the hotel has "twin" rooms, connected to eachother two by two (we had the same thing at Primasol Excelsior in 2006). The door was locked, but we could hear EVERYTHING the other family spoke in the other room.... another thing to consider. Honestly, I don't knnow why they built the hotel(s) like that... I almost forgot: the hotel is about 10 minutes from the beach, and you have to climb to get to it.Overall, I rated the hotel a 4 because, for the money we paid, we were satisfied... I think Tripadvisor shoud introduce the possibility to mark the hotels with stars and a half, if the system allowed me to, I would have marked it 3 and a half.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank ketchup1981

Reviewed 6 August 2011

The rooms are large, see view is great, but the rooms facing the see are quite noisy because of the scene from the animation team. The animation team is great and the pools are nice. They don't have enough sunbeds. The food os average. All the meat had some souces witch in my oppinion were a preheated bucket of ketchup or barbeque sauce. The hotel is far from the beach. 300 m in stairs. If you have a small child like i do you have to walk 15-20 min to get tp the beach. To get back is hard because you have to go up the hill. The bar has 1 type of beer, the cheapest one and some cocktails. They don't serve plain votka or other drinks.

• Stayed: August 2011
1  Thank Andy1123
Reviewed 27 July 2011

Despite the Primasol hotel motto "die Freundlichen Hotels", the hotel staff was extremely rude. The behaviour of the reservations manager was quite shocking. There was a misunderstanding about the method of charging for the booking. The reservations manager, instead of trying to clarify or explain the situation, was very rude and aggressive to us, insulting me and my mother that we don't understand anything, that my mother is an old lady who doesn't get it, and so on. Her attitude was so rude and intimidating that I started crying and wanted to give up the holiday, but that did not phase the manager at all. Amongst other things, my mother told the manager that my dad was not feeling well, as he has heart problems, but the manager did not care or offer any help. I never experienced such a behaviour from any hotel staff before. It was a terrible welcome and it took us a long time to recover a little bit of a holiday mood.

There were other problems with the behaviour / practices of the hotel. None of the staff had name tags and we had to ask them individually for their names. Also, as we came by car, the hotel staff told us that there was no parking nearby the hotel, but on a location that is in the backlot of a different hotel far away from this one (and for this we had to pay 4 EUR per day). After getting our suitcases off, the parking valet climbed into my car and I had to drive with him for about 10-15 min until reaching the parking lot. Since he was not saying anything and had no name tag, I was a bit worried about where he was taking me. Such a practice is very strange and less than pleasant. On the other hand, on the second day we noticed that there was some parking near the hotel after all, but apparently you had to be very 'special' to qualify for those spots (special in what way, I cannot speculate - I can only say that a Ukrainian car spent at least 4 days on a space officially destined only for unloading the car).

Other aspects: the pools are decent but they have very few parasols and in the morning there was a general fight over who got them (considering the temperature at noon is around 30+C). You had to wake up very early to get a chance at a parasol and even then some guy might have come and snatched it from you if you weren't guarding it carefully!!

The food is average, large quantity but quality is mediocre, you can't expect too much from it: the juices taste like water with additives, the meat was generally tasteless, some chicken tasted like fish; the beer is probably the cheapest in the country - it looks but does not taste like beer (you can't even buy it in stores as probably nobody would buy it).

To say something good about this hotel, I would say the rooms are fairly large, the furniture looks new and they have AC (although it shuts down every time you open the balcony door, or the door gets shaken by the wind!). There are some nice views to the sea from the restaurant area, and the pool has an interesting arrangement where the water from one pool cascades into the other. However, we're not going to return as it's not worth paying a load of money and being mistreated by hotel staff on our holiday. So if you expect being treated with respect in your holiday, I would say avoid this hotel.

PS. The hotel staff didn't wear name tags so we had to ask at the reception for the name of the reservations manager. With some difficulty the reception clerk gave it to us but I will not mention it as I am not sure that the name is the real one. In any case, it is easy to find out who this manager is.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
7  Thank andra1
Reviewed 30 August 2010

Hello! First of all, NO, we will definitely not go there again, under no circumstances.
Strengths (+):
- nice attitude from the bell boys
- good shortcut to the beach

Weaknesses (-):
- first night, the dorr lock was broken
- bad attitude of the receptionists
- we had a wall covering our balcony (we weren't important guests, because we only stayed 2 nights)
- lack of hygiene (spots on the toilet, hair in the shower, dust on the floor, relatively clean sheets)
- poor selection of food and insufficient for all guests
- 100 people fighting for a piece of meat
- all my family (including me) got food pisoning and couldn't return home by car, because the 2 drivers were vomiting after serving rotten food at the breakfast
- we couldn't go to work the next day after getting back, being very sick.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
5  Thank Diana_Sonea
Reviewed 14 June 2010

I went to this hotel with my husband , brother and sister - inlaw ... for a chilled out holiday and that is was it was , really relaxing ...
FOOD was 8 out of 10
ROOM was 8 out of 10
STAFF were really good did all they could to help you ...
one of the best holidays i have had ...

will be going back hopefully in September with more of my family .....

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
3  Thank jo2302
Reviewed 2 September 2009

Me and my partner stayed at this hotel for 8 days and it was almost perfect.
Pluses :
- big room with big balcony and great view
- modern furniture
- clean
- great animation team, very friendly, made wonderful shows
- nice pools, divided into 3 categories, depending on height

Minuses :
- not great food but acceptable
- small parking lot

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled on business
2  Thank Deutza_me
Reviewed 9 July 2009

i was in this hotel for 1 week and I'll never come back. The peoples are very rude, the foods are execrable and after 2 days me, my mother and 2 child's was very sick because of this.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family