“Hotel melia grand hermitage”

Melia Grand Hermitage
Ranked #4 of 110 Hotels in Golden Sands
Varna
“Hotel melia grand hermitage”
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Excellent hotel. Just be carefull withe the parking. You have to pay to park your car at the hotel 20 leva/night.
Everything else is ok. i've benne with my family, 2 adults and 2 children. one big amazing room. Very clean..Big bathroom. Places for children where to play, Games for them..The hotel is very near to the sea. The biggest hotel I've seen in Golden Sands. I recommend for family.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Melia Hotels International

2 Thank Andrei P
qualityhermitage, Manager at Melia Grand Hermitage, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Dear Andrei P,

Thank you for taking of your time to write a review for Melia Grand Hermitage.

We are delighted to know that you and your family have had a wonderful vacation here. We are proud of our Kids & Co program and we try to show our little guests how special and important they are.

Thank you once again! Your warm words are our biggest recognition!

Quality Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (193)
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Sofia, Bulgaria
Reviewed 8 May 2014

I have been twice in this hotel and im very impressed.The staff is friendly, smiling, solving the small problems ,the food is wonderfull,the rooms are clean.And one of the most important thing is that there is free wi-fi everywhere.
I'm looking forward to visiting you again!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Miroslava G
Dear Miroslava G,

The Team of Melia Grand Hermitage wants to thank you for reviewing us on TripAdvisor.

We are very pleased to know that you choose to come back to our hotel this year. All of the staff is working to ensure your best vacation here. Thank you for appreciating us.

We are looking forward to welcome you again!

Best Wishes,

Constanta
Reviewed 7 May 2014 via mobile

Dear readers,

I have been twice in this wonderful, big, charming five star hotel in Golden Sands, part of the spanish group, Melia chain. First of all, I was very impressed by Mrs. Maria Yutova, Sales Manager Leisure, which was so kind and very very proffessional. She assured us a very nice and pleasent stay at hotel, introducing and presenting all hotel amenities, such as indoor and outdoor pools, hammam, kids parties, massage & treatments, parking, etc, etc. Also her team, speeded up check-in process, on a very crowded day, 1st of May!
On this special occasions, 1-4 may, or Easter days, hotel is almost fully booked by Romanians, which, in fact, are present in all other Golden Sands hotels. On streets, in restaurants, in bazar, you can hear ONLY Romanian language, whereever...
After their leaving, whole resort and Melia hotel, became very peacefull and calm.
Regarding room tips choose Level. If not, choose seaview rooms.
Wishing you a very nice stay!

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Nadir A
Dear Nadir A,

Thank you for finding the time to review us on TripAdvisor.

We are delighted to know that you choose Melia Grand Hermitage twice for your vacation’s place. All of our departments are working hard and they are glad to be helpful to all of our guests! We are happy to know that they made you feel appreciated and satisfied with all of our services.

We hope to have the chance to welcome you again!

Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed 7 May 2014

I stayed at the Melia last week while golfing in the area. As we were off season, the hotel - over 800 rooms I believe - was nearly empty and while some of the services were cut down to minimum, they were really fine. The rooms are spacious and with a good sized balcony. The beds very comfortable. WiFi worked well in all areas of the hotel except level R were it did not work at all. Bathrooms are very nice with good size rain showers AND a separate bathtub. The lobby bar is small but had my choice of beverages. It did take quite a while to get a light snack there, though and as I was pressed for time, I gave up and did not wait. I had a massage at the spa that was very reasonably priced. I've had better but again, it was fine and I enjoyed. I do need to mention the front desk staff who were incredible. Friendly, smiling, solving the small problems that did arise quickly and efficiently, always willing to provide service and I cannot say that I've ever met a better trained reception staff. I have all their 11 names and wish I could mention them all but I won't so Emilija, Tanya and Denitsa please send my thanks to all your colleagues from the golfers from Israel.

Room Tip: The east side is the sea-side. I would take a high room as if the hotel is busy, the lower levels wi...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank PharmaTraveller
Dear PharmaTraveller,

Thank you for leaving this detailed review about Melia Grand Hermitage! Our guest’s opinion is really important for us!

Thank you for pointing us the place with no Wi-Fi connection. At this time the connection in Level R is restored.

We are sorry to understand that you have to cancel one of your orders in the Lobby bar due delay and pressure of time. We will work for improving the time of servicing beverages and light snacks there.

It is delightful to now that you enjoyed our facilities, SPA services and the quality of the Front desk services. Our hard efforts are rewarded by your smiles and happiness.

We are looking forward to welcome you again!

Coventry, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 May 2014

I have had a marvellous stay at the Melia Grand Hermitage. I come from the romanian riviera, only an hour and a half away from the Golden Sands, but the quality of the hotels here is significantly better than those in Romania. So, my family and another family of four booked a four-day getaway to the Bulgarian riviera.

When we arrived, checking in was a bit of a struggle. Being the first of May, many romanians had booked a room here, so there was a line which only got bigger throughout the day. However, we didn't wait that much. It was acceptable. A very important thing that you should know about the hotel, is that the parking costs 10 euro per day. We found that to be a bit expensive, but it is a five-star hotel.

The rooms looked amazing. There was a shower AND a bathtub, the bathroom was big as a room itself and the room was very spatious. There was a kingbed, big enough for more than two people, enough space in the drawers, a nice desk and a LED television. I honestly appreciated the television because I had a memory stick with me so I could watch whatever movie I wanted.

Here's my favourite part of this hotel: there is free wi-fi everywhere. EVERYWHERE! and it's the same connection, so you don't have to choose to connect to a different router when you're on another floor. Also, it was fast enough, considering how many people were connected to it.

I'm going to say a bit of what I didn't like, but keep in mind that it is not the hotel's fault. It was way too crowded. At breakfast/lunch/dinner it was a bit difficult to find a table. Of course, I'd like to offer constructive critic, so I'm going to go ahead and say that a great idea would be if hotel management reconstructed the restaurant area. For example, if there were two compartiments instead of just one, the noise wouldn't be so disturbing. I am aware that it is not always this crowded.
I would also like to add that the food wasn't of a five-star hotel. I was expecting more, but I can't complain. It was tasty, just ordinary.

In conclusion, I recommend that you do book a holiday here. You're in for plenty of fun, friendly staff and relaxing spa. Oh and it's even better if you pay for an all-inclusive stay! It's worth it, I'm telling you. If I haven't convinced you, maybe the fact that you would have cocktails coming up whenever you want would.

Room Tip: it doesn't matter if the room is sea view, park view. it's all the same. park view is good e...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank adeleacm
Dear Adeleacm,

Thank you for finding the time to write us such a lovely and detailed review in TripAdvisor. We are pleased to know that you, your friends and family have had amazing holidays in Melia Grand Hermitage.

We are very proud of the Front Desk staff and all the hard work they make to please every our guest by check-in, check-out and during all the stay. Despite sometimes we have big groups of arriving guests, they manage to provide the same high quality of service and personal treatment for everyone.

All the facilities and the services of the hotel are created to make you feel comfortable and fulfill your needs and desires. We want to make you feel like home and never to miss anything you deserve – like fluffy bed or Wi-Fi connection.

Melia Grand Hermitage offers its guests variety of places to have beverages and food – outside and inside the hotel. We are taking your note about the noise very seriously and will consider possible variants for dealing with this topic.

We want to thank you again for the warm words.
We are looking forward to welcome you again and surprise you in new ways.

Reviewed 2 May 2014 via mobile

It's like walking in to a JD sport evening dress code is a gym work out outfit. First impression. Then you go to your room and there are two single beds it's meant to be a king room. Called reception and told to push beds together. Bed room shared balcony with adjoining room not impressed over all first impression never stay here food is like dog food especially Cesar
salad

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Bellreduk
Dear Bellreduk,

Thank you for leaving a review about Melia Grand Hermitage in TripAdvisor.

We are sorry to understand that we couldn’t fulfill your expectations about your experience in the hotel.

Information about the proper dress code in different areas of the hotel is provided to every our guest with the Room directory or with the All Inclusive brochures. We are hoping that it is kindly followed by the guests.
We are asking our guests to provide us with precise information when making a reservation, so misunderstandings not to happen.

Accept our apology for the occured inconveniences, but will take notes from your statements. Our main priority is to please our guests and make their vacation here remarkable.

Tallinn, Estonia
Reviewed 1 May 2014

Best hotel in Bulgaria!
Melia Grand Hermitage is the best hotel in the region. It offers everything that you need for a great holiday. We stayed there with all inclusive concept in July 2013 and enjoyed every minute. Rooms are very spacious and well maintained. The choice of food was limited but everything tasted good and fresh. Coctails were included to the concept. The barmen were wonderful and made tasty drinks. Animation team did well for keeping you entertained. They worked especially hard to entertain kids and it seemed that the kids had lot of fun with them (e.g. mini disco every night). All inclusive was worth the price.
I would recommend this hotel to everyone and when I will go back to Golden Sands then I would stay only in Melia.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank KR002
Dear KR002,

Please accept our sincere gratitude for your warm words.

Our main priority is to make our guests feel appreciated and satisfied with all of the services. Thank you for giving us the chance to make your stay in Melia Grand Hermitage memorable.

We are anxious to welcome you again in our hotel!

With all the best wishes,