My title describes this hotel on one booking you will be so delighted on the other left with no 5* experience. We went August 9th on a all inclusive base.
We paid extra for a deluxe double but as first given a twin room so rang reception to change and they put the phone down on me, so went to reception and they moved us directly over the front entrance, so coaches and brass trolleys rumbling all night. On the busy road outside was the pick up point for coaches visiting the resort so even during the day was noisy and the balcony was so exposed to the very busy public street and a building site. The room was good but stains on carpets hidden not cleaned are a tell a tale sign. Some of the floors ie the toilets near the restaurant, the outside eating (a pool of red sauce was trod in over 3 days) area are disgustingly filthy, yet the front entrance sparkles.
On the first night we entered the restaurant at 8pm and waited at the door for a table. We soon realised it was a free for all aghhhh just awful. Table upon table stacked with left over food and dirty plates the floors covered in food. We found a half cleared table and asked for it to be made ready. Children handling food from the buffet it was just disgusting, breakfast was even worse. The food not being 5* standard but ok yet the service was totally diabolical. The restaurant manager blamed the staff but as time went on we realised the two staff working in the area we sat had 36 tables of up to 6 people to manage,so could never provide a 5 star service with a smile. The next night we ate out and then the rep got us a free trial of the level area of the hotel. Like being in a totally different hotel, classical pianist at dinner and full 5*attention. We could of upgraded for 49 euros a night but no room on the level available, so would cost less to eat out rather than pay to sit in a other restaurant. The level have there own bars and sun beds round the pool so family's that pay for a five star hotel stood while beds stayed empty!! I was insulted by the class system within this hotel.
The pool was crowded and they kept sectioning half of for excise classes and water polo, the loud music that played included the word F*** in more than just a couple of the rap songs. The worst was the deck floor round the pool it is all breaking up and moving apart my partner tripped and fell and so did many others.
The all inclusive between meals was salad sandwich and sweet breads the delicious cakes next to them in the cabinet are for level or pay customers only, this cafe was the only place to get a drink in a glass outside the restaurant. The bar down by the stage and the pool bar was plastic cups. They only had one person serving in the cafe bar, one or two on the other outdoor bars, for over a 1000 all inclusive customers just madness. The free mini bar advertised is the bar the contents are charged 8 lev for two small bottles of water that are same make as the shop on the corner charging 1.5 lev for the same two bottles. Was told dressing gowns and kettle on request when booked but they wanted us to pay more than the gowns cost to use them.
We got a taxi to the city shopping, the hotel wanted 65 lev one way but taxis parked on road outside bedroom 19 lev, so use the local taxis they all speak English and are so friendly.
I have given a rating of 1 for the location and the bathroom.
Sorry but have stayed with this group before and truly very disappointed with this hotel. I suggest anyone booking only books the level as that is what most of these reviews are about.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Imagine a place with a unique atmosphere and service where you can relax and enjoy the serenity, the sun and the sea... Imagine a place that will exceed your expectations... Located on a quiet hill and surrounded by a green park, this exquisite luxury hotel offers the tranquility you are longing for. The 5-star resort welcomes you with stylish atmosphere, quality service and refined cuisine. Lounge on the sunniest balconies, relax in the SPA centre or have fun on the beach with the water sports available. Indulge your senses in the 5-star YHI SPA Centre: exclusive high quality massages, therapies and procedures offer a chance to get away from the stress and enjoy the serenity of your vacations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Melia, Booking.com, Southall Travel, Odigeo, Hotels.com, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Melia Grand Hermitage reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Melia Grand Hermitage Hotel Golden Sands
- Melia Golden Sands
- Melia Hotel Grand Hermitage
- Melia Grand Hermitage Bulgaria/Golden Sands