“OK”

and 1 more site!
Hotel Elena
Ranked #93 of 111 Hotels in Golden Sands
Reviewed 2 August 2013

Hotel is awesome, people too and there are a lot of beautiful girls. The location is good, because the beach is only 5-10 minutes away from the hotel. At the same time, it’s pretty quiet because the hotel is not on the main street and it’s not that noisy. The food is good, but I think it would be better if there was more choice. The staff is good too, the bartenders are people, who you actually can talk with, the waiters are also polite. The animation team is great, we had a lot of fun with them and learned a few new dances, I kept singing their club dance all along. The rooms are big enough, and they are keeping them clean, so the cleanliness is okay. Almost every day we get new towels. They are things that can be done better – for example if there was a football field but It’s okay. It’s not that cheap to stay for vacation in this hotel, but it’s totally worth the money. I have been in hotels which are 4 stars too, and they are way worse than this one. If I can I will definitely come again next year. :)

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank Jacek D

Reviewed 15 February 2013

The staff is very unfriendly: we waited 2 hours in the lobby because the rooms were not ready, even though it was 3 o'clock. We received a room next to the engine room, it was noisy at night time. THE FOOD WAS AWFUL all the 5 days. The outdoor pool has too few sun beds that are always taken and the sun goes behind the hotel in august after 3 o'clock. No entertainment staff.
The room was cleaned only on our second day of the stay, we didn't tip the maid so she didn't bother to come again. The fitness center has 2 bicycles, that's all. Parking lot can host 5 cars, and it's about 8eur/day extra.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Cristi F
Reviewed 20 August 2012

Travelled in mid Aug 2012. Hotel, like the whole resort, full of Russians (of all age) and German youth, which means alcohol free flow. (This was not a problem at the hotel, but outside in the resort incl. beach it really is. Golden Sands is nowadays a big party-house and anybody coming for a quiet sea holiday should avoid by miles.)
The hotel looks good, rooms have enough space (3bed occupied by 2), the building is generally ok with respect to BG standard of ****. Room service very good. Lifts are a disaster. Food is strange - awful probes of international cuisine, no spices, many choices but every day similar. Is edible but nothing special. Bartenders are slow, often you have to wait minutes to get one silly cola. What is scary is hygiene - for instance, they often wash the glasses directly at the bar just with a shower, so you can see lipstick prints. If you can't avoid this hotel, try to use a straw. The restaurant service is lazy and anonymous, but this does not much. Pray you don't need anything at the reception desk - seems they have been hired just to f..k off the guests still coming. All in all, lack of any interest seems to be this hotel's company slogan.
To the resort: overcrowded, noisy, drunken, which comes critical at the beach. Barkers at every step, hate this.
Think, there is a lot of better places to go!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Ludek34
Reviewed 26 June 2012

One of the worst hotels i ever heard of.lets start with check in which was busy and we were not on their list.manager was searching through emails for our names,unprofessional.room was ok large but air conditioner dead! In night time you could hang yourself from 35 degrees in the room. The pool outside closes at 17 you cant touch the water after that.no entertainment and music is ages old.the road to the beach is not 200 metres but all 500 metres.and the smell as you pass by other hotels bins on the road would kill a horse.the house keeping comes and collect all the towels everyday and gives you other in an hour time so u basically stay wet or in sand from the beach and wait for that lady to come back.the food oh my god just as horrible as their managers.no choice,dessert from fruits just apples,greipfruits,oranges,bananas,some vegetables, rocky meat and old boiled pasta.horrible.the only nice people are the waitresses and guys from the bar probably students but so smart and easygoing. Dont bother even looking on the internet about this hotel its a waist of time.disaster!

Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank Reneeooo
Reviewed 26 July 2011

this was not an english resort as advertised, although we didn't want a souly english resort we were the only 6 holiday makers that spoke english. We went all inclusive and spent all our money eating out as the food was awful, same all the time and the bread was always stale which is the way they like it but was known to have mould on it on at least 2 occasions. The food hall catered for around 250 guests but the hotel had over 700 rooms so we could not always get a seat anyway if we did want to eat there. The bar was open 24hrs which was in the lobby with a handful of leather suites and the lights went on at 21:00 and off at midnight so you always felt like you had to leave. The pool was not very big for the amount of guests and there is no walk down ramps to get in and out, only two lots of steps same as in the baby pool but no steps at all so you had to be a fairly good swimmer to use it, two of our group we both elderly and non swimmers so therefore never used the pool. None of hte staff knew how to smile or be friendly even though they were hard working. The room we were in was clean but we were opposite the Viva which had VERY loud music at the pool area so we were woken up at 10:00hrs every morning except sundays when they have a day off. The only plus side is that the weather was brill and all got good tans

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank dawks1
Reviewed 17 July 2011

I would not recommend this hotel to anyone, food is bad, bad staff, the beach is short.
I used to go even at 2-star hotels in Mamaia, Romania and I was treated much better then than now. The beach is full of sunbeds and there is no place to stay near the water, I was ready to take beatings from staff employed by the beach boys, I will never go there, even for one for free.
Children often get sick from food that is always boiled cooked not fried or anything, execrable meat, vegetables with no taste, my husband had not eaten anything, my son only eat some cheese for breakfast, and above all hotel staff claimed to wear a suit to the table, which is always dirty and is a small and crowded restaurant. I advice everyone "not go there, or else you will feel sorry for your time and money"
In the rooms we found used condoms and a lot of dirt, I could not get anything out of the restaurant, even a bottle of water. At their prices much better sitting in Romania.
I put some pictures for you to see how is the beach and what is the prices for a litlle beat of comfort extrapaid already...

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank otilica74
Reviewed 1 July 2011

Arrived at the hotel to find out that we have to pay parking, told the receptionist that the parking was included in the price we paid. She was rude and said: " I know what it says on your tickets, but is not true". So she told me that we have to pay for one car at least, being that we came with 2 cars. I agreed and paid for one of the cars. The other car that was supposed to be free was parked at the hotel, but the car that I paid for, they didn't have any space available, so they told us to go park somewhere else, where we had to pay again for the same car. When I told the receptionist that we had to pay again, she said, yes that is paid parking. Anyways, we had an argument and I gave up, because I wanted to enjoy my vacation. In all this madness, I totally forgot to get my passport back, so I went in the evening to ask for. They gave me my passport back to relize that they torn my passport picture. Of course, when I asked about, they said it was like that. I live in USA and have to travel back in 2 days, I don't know what I'm going to do. Worst customer service. I will never return! Worst food ever! Don't go there, you will regret!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
#69 of 111 in Golden Sands
smartline Arena Mar
smartline Arena Mar
#34 of 111 in Golden Sands

Been to Hotel Elena? Share your experiences!