“Excellent seafront location but disappointing hotel”
Review of Hotel Admiral

Hotel Admiral
Ranked #22 of 111 Hotels in Golden Sands
Reviewed 27 May 2012

Situated in what is probably one of the best locations right in the center of Golden Sands, almost right on the seafront, with a lovely sun trap swimming pool area next to the beach, and from the hotel leading outside, a lovely patisserie serving snacks, great coffee and alcohol which is very popular; for such a large hotel the only other facilities is a health club, a small bar on the first floor and hotel dining room.
Despite having no view, our well appointed standard non sea view room with balcony was comfortable enough and the half board food selection okay, but we found the rest of the hotel disappointingly almost boring with unsmiling front of house staff and room attendants turning up at all times, but usually better late than never, we thought the hotel was not up to a 5 Star standard and therefore a little too expensive for what we paid.

But as mentioned, the best part of this hotel is the great location, at a cross roads where the resort's mini trains stop and depart from and where the road joins the hill leading up to Party Street. Also close by are some nice seafront gardens, lots and lots of entertainment including the Ferris wheel, a casino hotel and mini Eiffel Tower.

Room Tip: If a good view is important to you then do pay extra for a Sea view room.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
9  Thank hiintown
There are newer reviews for Hotel Admiral

Reviewed 20 October 2011

Don't waste your money. This is not a 5 star hotel.This hotel from the first sight seemed so nice, with clean rooms, rich food and friendly personnel. Everything changed from the third day, as I found out that the personnel is not friendly at all, they speak very bad English and Russian(sometimes no English/Russian at all), each time you should tell the cleaners to put 2 shampoos/gels for 2 persons instead of one, to clean properly etc. But the worst was that in the cafeteria the serving personnel was always not satisfied with something, walking in angry faces, and you have to tell the same order several times for getting the right one at the end. Only the person at the door of the cafeteria who was asking for room number, was very nice, the best in the entire hotel. And on the last day, nobody of the personnel wished to help with luggage. Putting it shortly-I'd never advise anyone to spend so much money on the so called "5 star" hotel, which doesn't even comply with 3 star in all terms.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
9  Thank N T
Reviewed 22 September 2011

The hotel enjoys a great location, just a few few steps away from the beach, an advantage for which i have chosen this hotel. It aims to be a high class hotel but what you really get is only a good one. Breakfast is nice.

Room Tip: Most rooms have sea view
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
8  Thank bluesky0312
Reviewed 24 August 2011

My wife & me were there for one week and have a great moments in 7th floor of hotel in a sea view room with a nice balcony in front of the beach. Services and breakfast and dinner and cleanliness of rooms was good . The most important thing of this hotel is location of it and this place is near all bars and stores and pools and beach. We highly recommend this hotel to all Golden sands tourists.

Room Tip: Try to book a room with sea view
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
6  Thank amirmasnavian
Reviewed 8 August 2011

Now, before I start, I may as well be honest and tell you that sun holidays don't really do it for me! I mean a resort is a resort no matter where you are - man made and serves a purpose. With this in mind, I'll be objective about the hotel and resort in general but will also give you some info on other things to do if you tire of the sun loungers and want a bit of culture! If you don't, look away now!! Here goes. The Hotel Admiral is 5* hotel within minutes of the beach. It's not a 5* hotel in the true sense of the word thoug. The foyer area is pretty nice but the rooms are really just very average (at least ours was). The cleaner came in daily and obviously picked up very early on that I have a thing for hotel toiletries so left plenty for me to take home with me most days! The breakfast buffet is not the greatest. Fresh fruit was limited and by the time we got down each morning all the English breakfast tea was gone!! (luckily my boyfriend packed 100 in his suitcase for such emergencies!!) The juices appeared to be made a bit like Ribena i.e just add water so I doubt it was fresh. Luckily I only eat cereal in the morning so I wasn't too bothered. The reception staff were mixed - some were very nice and friendly and others just couldn't be bothered. If you want a hotel close to the beach and all the action Golden Sands has to offer then I'd recommend Admiral. We spent very little time in the resort. We did a day trip to Balchik and Cape Kaliakra. If you do this trip make sure you get to see the Botanical Gardens - they were the highlight of the holiday for me. So beautiful and peaceful. Nessebar is also worth a visit. It's an ancient town over 3000 years old. There's a museum in the town which has an exhibit of artefacts found during a dig in 2010, which is fascinating. We also took a trip to Constant in Romania. I have to say I was a little sceptical beforehand and didn't really know what to expect but we had a great day and it was nice to see a country that we otherwise would noever have dreamed of visiting. The trip is approx 2.5 hours by car but the road from Bulgaria to constanta is great. Finally, I have to tell you about the Dolphinarium in Varna. We saw the afternoon show and it was just gorgeous. The dolphins just looked like they were having a ball in the water. Afterwards we had lunch in the restaurant upstairs, and my boyfriend maintains he had the best mussels EVER there!!! Unfortunately, our trip to Veliko Turnova was cancelled due to lack of interest (no idea why) but I blieve from friends who've been there that's it's fantastic so try to get there if you can. We had a busy week but for someone who doesn't like the sun I didn't do too badly!!

P.S. I forgot to mention that I had the most AMAZING facial in the hotel spa - I'm a great lover of facials etc. but this was like nothing I'd ever experienced before.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Pouche
Reviewed 29 June 2011

The best thing about this hotel is its location, right in the resorts center.

The cleanliness, however it's its biggest weakness, upon our arrival the bathroom smelled awful, and this came as a very big surprise after we had to wait about 2 hours to be checked in over the standard 2 PM check-in time. The sheets looked like they haven't been changed and the general look of our room with the walls being a bit dirty was not destined to leave us with a good impression.

The food is average, definitely not 5 five star quality (more like 3 stars).

The staff was overall ok, the people at the spa center were nice and friendly, their colleagues in the restaurant not so much.

In conclusion the hotel is a fair value for your money, but as previously stated not a 5 star hotel.

Room Tip: The room facing the resorts center was a bit noisy
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
6  Thank AndSM
Reviewed 28 June 2011

Beautiful view,breakfast,staff,close to city!!!
Even more close to nightlife and restaurants!!!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business