We spent 5 nights in this so called 5 stars hotel in Golden Sands, Bulgaria in august 2012. It has 3 stars and a half at the most. The room is pretty big with free wireless connection, but these were the only advantages you have for staying here. The bathroom although looked clean smelled bad. And even I asked the receptionist for a better cleaning the smell remained with us until the day of our check out. The cleaning lady seemed nice, but this is not enough.
The food was bad. There was not a big variety of dishes and it did not taste so good. I sometimes wondered a lot before choosing something. The service was really poor. Waiters were not eager to clean the tables, or to refill finished food trays on the counter.
On the beach you had to pay for 2 sunbeds 15 euros and at 6 o’clock the worker on the beach would come and take the sun mattress as this was the rule set by his boss. I find this inexcusable for a “5 stars” hotel. We also paid for the parking 10 euro per day in the parking near the hotel.
In general we spent a lot of money for something I can call now a half service in a 5 stars hotel. We will not go back for sure nor to Admiral Hotel, or Golden Sands, as the streets smell bad from the sewerage.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Five-star round-the-year hotel of unique architecture and exclusive interior design in immediate proximity to the beach, a perfect place for holiday, entertainment and business meetings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers, Booking.com, HostelWorld, LoveHolidays, Odigeo, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK) and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Admiral reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Admiral Hotel Golden Sands
- Hotel Admiral Bulgaria/Golden Sands