“hotel detelina bulgaria”
Review of Detelina Hotel

Detelina Hotel
Ranked #86 of 111 Hotels in Golden Sands
Reviewed 2 July 2013

On entering the hotel Detelina in Bulgaria the reception area was clean. when we arrived at the room there was bird poo on the patio and walls, an iron mark on the carpet the room was basic with 3 x sinle devan beds there was no protective cover on the beds and the sheets would have fitted a cot mattres, the shower room was never cleaned and smelt I asked the receptionist for the maids to clean the room again, they didnt understand much English so thay just cat licked it.We had to ask for clean towels daily as they we paper thin and old. The food was terible every thing was cold they didnt cater for the English.The catering staff didnt know what they were serving. Nobody wear a uniform, There was a hatch were the alchohol was served for Allinclusive the glasses was dirty and the alcohol was swimming all over the bar. If you wanted a decent drink you had to pay at the bar. The pool is very small you would have to get up at 6am to reserve a sun lounger. I will never go to this hotel again it was disgusting.0 star.

Room Tip: All the rooms were basic the south side had more sun.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank leslie4301

Reviewed 25 June 2013

I was there at the end of May and I liked the peace and quiet. There were just a few guests. Fo the price they chargew hotel is just perfect. Building is not spectacular but the garden and pool are charming and the the beach is a few houndred meters away, so place is very tranquil. Also with a parking space. Rooms are nice painted ,spacious, the best ones with the sea wiev. If you want more night life, The golden sands are som 30 min walk away or you could take the bus (or Taxi) which is runing also to Varna.

Room Tip: upper rooms have got nicer views
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank izi f
Reviewed 8 February 2013

I had bean 4 times in this hotel, last time in 2012, but since 2007 the did not changed anything. So I will never book this hotel again... The pool is nice, but you have to wake up very early to get a place on a sun chair, there are not enough. Breakfast is very poorly, but eatable. Bathroom has no douche cabin, so the water goes directly on the floor and will be wet all-over. The room is big , with a nice pool view but the bed dress is very old and used , not covering all bad...they are too small. The food in restaurant is pretty good. IMPORTANT : After 22.30 o'clock all terraces are empty because is not allowed to play music after that hour, so was no fun at all, like a place for old people. The beach is pretty close, 15 min of walking but with big sands.
So if you search for an ok hotel , and to spend the time only at the hotel is ok, but if you are a bit sensitive and search for fun , check a hotel in Golden Sands.This hotel is around 4 km away from Golden Sands and pretty hard to find, but if you try you will make it :)

Room Tip: Chose defenetly a room with pool view, is nice and you can see the light in the pool water and the s...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Simona P
Reviewed 24 September 2012

We got to this hotel by mistake, at about midnight in august 2012 and we stayed there 2 nights. The receptionist (Jessy) and all the staff were very helpful.
Hotel looks ok, it's clean has a very nice garden and parking. Swimming pool is nice, but they have too less sunchairs/umbrellas for such a big hotel.
The only minus of the rooms was that the shower had no cabin(it's just the water tap on a wall) and everytime we showered, water was all over the bathroom. Wireless Internet connection is working only in the hotel lobby
You can have there all inclusive holiday, but we took only bed and breakfast and it was a good choice. Food was very bad at breakfast.
Location is close to the beach (5 min walking). On the way you can find some good terraces where you can hae good food for lunch/dinner- even at 1 am:)

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank EVSH
Reviewed 17 July 2012

I recently returned form my summer holliday from Hotel Detelina on 16

th of July, 2012

The hotel looked pretty good, but there were manny shortcommings:
- towels weren`t changed at all
- beddings were not changed at all
- cleaning services were despicable
- we had ants in our room
- the freezer had food remainings from other tourists

We enterd the room, and saw that the airconditioning remote control

was missing, so we asked for one, and they refused to give it to us.
We finnaly got tthe remotecontroll, after a lot of persistance, and

arguing.
Our last day was terrifing, we had no water at the toilet and

showers. The bathroom was awful, the swover was leaking and the water

flowed into the room.
The food was verry bad, we had few variaties, at a all inclusive

hotel. Potatoes falkes were made with water.
I don not reccomend this hotel to anyone. The hotel is at 5 minutes

from the beach, and 3 KM form Golden Sannds. Chaika in more a village

than a resort.

Room Tip: I do not recommend this hotel
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank nella20032002
Reviewed 14 June 2012

We arrived at this hotel at the very end of May and we were the only guests for 2 days! We were attending a friends wedding in St Constantine and booking this hotel on a package deal for a week was our cheapest option. It was three stars and only £84 for 1 weeks accommodation and so I was very worried about what it would be like. It has a lovely pool and pretty landscaped areas, it is very clean and exceeded our expectations for a 3 star hotel. We don't really do package deals but opted for breakfast only, unfortunately for us this was a let down and we ended up getting bread and jam from the shop for breakfast. I think because we were the only guests they were not really fully catering yet but after day 3 lots of people arrived making the hotel more lively! I always do a huge amount of research about an area before I go on holiday and I knew this hotel was not near Golden Sands but on the next beach along. This hotel is in Chayka (chaika) which is much quieter and although you are not right next to the beach you really are not that far away, 8 minutes walk if you are very, very slow.

The staff were friendly enough but were not used to English speaking guests but if you spent time talking to them they were amicable. The hotel has a taxi service and it costs 20 lev to Varna and 12 lev to Golden Sands which is an 'interesting' experience (like a Blackpool/Vegas bonanza). Varna city is also an interesting city to tour around (try free Varna tours).

Everything is so cheap in Bulgaria (if you have £'s to spend) and that includes the rooms mini bar. Its the first time I have actually taken anything out of a hotel mini bar!

You will notice a difference between the prices in Chayka beach and Golden Sands (GS much more expensive!). the bar at the hotel is well stocked and I particularly like the Nescafe Frappes to have mid morning by the pool. Each room has a balcony which will probably have a swallows nest in it ( harmless and very pretty to watch while sipping your wine on the balcony!). The hotel has a money changer which was very convenient but there is a cash machine just down the road that seemed to work for me.

Our room was cleaned everyday which from previous reviews I was surprised at. To sum it all up I would say this hotel offered me more than I was expecting for the money I paid. Its not a luxury hotel but its clean and comfortable. Enjoy your stay if you go and feel free to message me with any questions.

Will leave other reviews about worth while restaurants nearby to go to.

Room Tip: Get a high floor facing the sea.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MakanNow
Reviewed 17 April 2012

It was the first time I have traveled also with my parents, besides my husband, and unfortunately it was a big disappointment. I have chosen this hotel and, though the reviews were not bad, I hated every minute of the week we have spent there.
We stayed at the first floor in a dirty room with stains all over the place, on carpets, walls and armchairs.
There were bugs and ants in the room, and you couldn’t leave anything out of the fridge.
The cleaning lady was like non existent. We had some food on our terrace (fallen from the upper floors) for the last 3 days. In one of the pictures I attached, the cleaning lady just left our room when I took the photo. She arranged a bit the beds and that’s it.
The bathrooms have only a shower curtain to separate from the rest of the room but nothing else, like o bath tub or something on the floor, so the water from the shower was in all over the bathroom.

The food was awful. Minced meat at every meal, in various forms: sausages, meatballs, hamburgers… the chicken looked moldy, impossible to eat; and this was all the meat in the buffet. Tasteless rice at every meal; some tomatoes or cucumbers, sliced two days before with a sour taste and some jelly as dessert. We had a hard time finding something to eat and we are not picky eaters.

The location of the hotel is in the middle of nowhere. There are like 500 m to the sea, and the problem is that when returning from the beach, you have to walk up hill back to the hotel. In the area there is nothing to do/visit. The only choice for some entertainment is in Golden Sands, which is a few kilometers away.

Also the staff is very rude, not ever smiling or trying to be of service.

So, all in all, I would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Joya Park Complex
Joya Park Complex
#28 of 51 in Varna
Paradise Green Park Hotel & Apartments
Paradise Green Park Hotel & Apar...
#25 of 111 in Golden Sands

Been to Detelina Hotel? Share your experiences!