“Fantastic Chalet and Hosts”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Glorious Dining Area
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
REBECCAR1...
HELSTON
“Fantastic Chalet and Hosts”
Reviewed 3 January 2015 for a stay in December 2014

We have just had a fantastic stay in Chalet Orshanti and cannot recommend it highly enough.

CHALET: The Chalet is spread over several floors with 9 bedrooms in total. It has fantastic views and is close to amenities and the slopes. There is a bus you can catch if you don't fancy the walk to the slopes. The bedrooms each have 2 beds in (2 singles that can be pushed together to make a double), a hairdryer and a shower and wash basin. There are several toilets spread throughout the chalet. The chalet has everything needed and much more: an amazing Hot tub, excellent wifi throughout the chalet, a ski boot warmer, A sauna, Table Tennis Table, DVDs, Board Games and a Playstation.

CHALET HOSTS: The chef Nathan cooked brilliant restaurant quality food each night (including a pasta dish, curry, pork steak, duck breast, salmon and a FULL Christmas dinner). He even made every effort to accommodate various special dietary requirements. The breakfast included cereal, bread and yogurt as well as a hot option (including British sausages and bacon) every day. Emily was also very helpful and baked lovely cakes everyday.

The Chalet managers Doug and Charlie were very present and often popped in to see if any of the guests needed anything.

Overall a fantastic trip and will hopefully return one day!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Liked best: Hot Tub!
Liked least: Pillows!
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
skibums77
Luxembourg
“A true luxury chalet experience... did I mention the hot tub?!”
Reviewed 3 January 2015 for a stay in December 2014

Over Christmas of 2014 my partner and I, with my side of the family spent a week at Chalet Orshanti in La Plagne, France. Having not done the mountain chalet thing for some time we were slightly apprehensive, but it really couldn't have gone any better...!

With it being a moderately sized company, the availability and general approach of the staff was top notch. Both Charlie and Doug were brilliant and they really have forged a good team. They all helped us with anything that they could to ease the various 'stresses' of holidaying and were able to provide us with good mountain and skiing advice whenever we asked.

A special mention is needed for Nathan (chef) and Emily (host). They were brilliant and delivered food of the highest quality day after day. The morning breakfast is plentiful with both a hot and cold option available. Then there are bread and cakes left out for when you return from your days activity, before an amazing (both in terms of size and quality) evening meal at 19:30. With my family having various eating requirements, we were amazed night after night by how they would ensure that each persons needs were met. As an extra bonus, wine and beer were included within the evening meal.

The chalet itself provides all that is needed and more. The rooms are clean, well equipped and suitably sized. However it is the social areas of the chalet were we inevitably spent most of our time. The kitchen/lounge is lovely and there is a 'snug' mezzanine above it were we did lose dad at one point. Then on the balcony overlooking the valley and opposing mountains is the hot tub. This is clean, spacious and amazing to relax in after a day on the slopes... Or if you are more into steam you can go in the sauna... you can even play a game of table tennis...!

There is really little more we could have asked for, other than some more snow...!

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Most definitely the hot tub (including the view!)
Liked least: The dump of snow on our departure day...
Your age range 25-34
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
KristaB84
“cant wait to go back and stay again!”
Reviewed 2 January 2015 for a stay in December 2014

From the moment my partner and I arrived I knew my expectations had been blown away and exceeded in all aspects. We weren't treated like a number and 'another guest', it was a personal experience and it was fantastic to feel so welcomed. The rooms were decent size and were very clean. Cleanliness was thorough throughout the chalet. The hot tub and sauna was a particular highlight and were great to enjoy after a day on the slopes. It was something I hadn't done before and will now never turn back, it was so relaxing and great for my muscle aches after a few tumbles on the slopes as I'm a beginner.

The food was sensational! I wasn't expecting such an experienced chef as a chalet host and the food was of restaurant quality! A particular favourite dish was Confit of duck with a carrot and thyme purée, mash and Creme de cassis reduction!!! Breakfast was great and I came back slightly heavier after not being able to resist the temptation of the freshly baked cakes each afternoon! The only thing that I would have liked was freshly baked pain au chocolat in the morning as we were in France, however I was grateful it wasn't an option as this would have definitely ensured my jeans not doing up! Although we did put this forward to the owner and he said he was looking into it, I'll be taking a bigger pair of jeans with me at the end of the season just incase I can overindulge!

It was a great location to access the slopes, being able to strap on a board and head down to the first lift was great. It was only a few minutes walk back at the end of the day.

On the whole, I'm looking forward to booking another trip and staying at Alpoholics Chalet Orshanti!

DavidAH
London
“2nd time, will be back again”
Reviewed 31 December 2014 for a stay in December 2014

Stayed in chalet orshanti for the opening week of the season 13th Dec to 20th Dec.
Good location for the lifts and the shuttle bus around the la plagne villages.
The chef Nathan cooked brilliant restaurant quality meals all week, we were always looking forward to meal times! Along with Emily they ran a great chalet.
The hot tub on the terrace was popular, and there were plenty of films to choose from for the tv.
I was able to ride a bataleon test board all week which was great.
I will be back again.

WilburLen...
“Ticked all the boxes and more.”
Reviewed 30 December 2014 for a stay in December 2014

I've just experience a first class holiday with Alpoholics. Very reasonable prices for above the standard customer service. The chalet comes with great staff who all have a load of experience and the food was incredible. Highly recommended!

Maggie R
Cornwall, England
“Fantastic chalet with amazing staff and delicious food!”
Reviewed 30 December 2014 for a stay in December 2014
person found this review helpful

We have just returned from a fabulous week in Chalet Orshanti, a traditional alpine chalet on 3 floors with lovely views across to Mont Blanc and can’t recommend it highly enough. The chalet is in a great location with an easy walk to the slopes or to catch the free bus. The rooms are spacious, clean and have very comfortable beds. There is a large open plan lounge/dining/kitchen area which is great for socialising and plenty big enough for all the guests at the same time – not always the case in a lot of chalets. In addition there is a further snug which is another comfortable area for relaxation and good quality wifi throughout the property. Downstairs there is a full size table tennis table, sauna and a superb hot tub on the balcony where we spent many hours chilling and relaxing after a day on the slopes.

In addition to being the best chalet I have stayed in, the staff and food were absolutely top notch. Doug and Charlie were often around the chalet to answer any queries or quietly helping out whilst Nathan, the chef and his assistant Emily provided us with amazing food. Breakfast included a hot option every day, afternoon tea was left out for us on our return from skiing and this was followed by a delicious 3 course dinner each evening. On the staff’s day off Doug even recommended and booked a really good restaurant for us!

Nathan, the chef and Emily were very helpful and friendly with nothing being too much trouble for them. As a Coeliac, following a strict gluten free diet I am used to missing out on lots of food items containing gluten and just taking whatever is available that I am able to eat. This was definitely NOT the case on this holiday. Nathan went out of his way to include me in the normal menu, and where this wasn’t possible then he even made me my own special alternatives eg Gluten free onion bargies and Yorkshire puddings! Definitely above and beyond what I am used to as a travelling coeliac! It was so nice to be included in this way and I really do appreciate the extra effort he went to for me. Emily also very kindly made sure that one cake each day was gluten free – amazing! I can thoroughly recommend her Lemon Drizzle cake!

We had an amazing holiday and would thoroughly recommend this chalet – it would be very difficult to find a better chalet or staff in the Alps!

How easy was it to book the property? Overall condition of the property
Bedding & mattresses
Liked best: The food and the hot tub
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
John P
Helston, United Kingdom
“Perfect”
Reviewed 28 December 2014 for a stay in December 2014

I stayed at the Chalet Orshanti with my partner and her family over Christmas. It is just brilliant. Everything was perfect. The Chalet is amazing with an open plan kitchen, dining and living area. There are amazing views of the mountains, including Mount Blanc.

There is a hot tub on the lower balcony which is ideal for relaxing after a day skiing or snowboarding. The rooms are a good standard and size. There is even a den above the kitchen where you can watch TV or play the PlayStation.

What really made my stay was the people who work there. Nathan, the cook, is out of this world. The food is to a consistently high standard. Emily really made us all feel at home and was lovely to have around the place. Doug and Mandy couldn't have done for us. It was a lovely atmosphere and I would have stayed there longer if I could.

I couldn't recommend it highly enough.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Staff and living area.
Travelling group: Large Group
Friends getaway Large groups
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing