“A faultless ski holiday - highly recommended.”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Glorious Dining Area
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Cleay
Poole, United Kingdom
“A faultless ski holiday - highly recommended.”
Reviewed 21 April 2015 for a stay in January 2015

This is the third time we have stayed with Alpoholics, and it get's better each time. Sensational food, great facilities (hot tub!) and practically ski-in-ski-out. This time we took our one year old daughter and the staff were fantastic with her. Overall a faultless holiday. Highly recommended

Travelling group: Young Children
Lisa S
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Superb stay! Large chalet with comfortable rooms, wonderful hosts, amazing food and great facilities”
Reviewed 1 April 2015 for a stay in March 2015

I stayed in Chalet Orshanti in the first week of March with a group of 7 friends and we shared the place with another group of 10 or so people (all of us in our mid 20s). I’ve skied pretty much all my life and this is by far the nicest chalet I’ve stayed in. Alpoholics organised everything in advance for us, including a smooth transfer from Geneva airport and sorted out all our lift passes and ski gear so we were ready to hit the slopes asap.

Harry and Emily were such lovely and friendly hosts. Harry was a fantastic cook! Restaurant quality 3 course meals including beef bourguignon, thai green curry, slow roasted duck, salmon, chicken.. you name it! Scrumptious homemade desserts included toffee cheesecake, creamy panna cotta and melt in your mouth chocolate soufflé. Mmmmm. Plenty of wine and beer available at dinner.

The highlight for us was definitely the hot tub outside on the balcony! Perfect way to warm up, relax and unwind after a day skiing. Perfect for recounting the day’s adventures, enjoying some beers and watching the sun set over the mountains – the view was incredible.

Every room has its own ensuite sink and shower (with an excellent hot water supply that never ran out) however we had to share a toilet with 3 other rooms – which wasn’t a problem. Great heating all throughout the chalet so we were toasty warm at all times.
Chalet Orshanti has pretty much every amenity and comfort you can think of. Great recreational facilities including sauna, ping pong table, and even a little play room/attic room (accessed by a ladder and overlooking the dining room) with a Gamecube. Lovely large lounge area for relaxing and playing games. Local shops and restaurants of Plagne 1800 are just a 5-10 min walk away.

The only (minor) downside I can think of is that it’s a 5 min walk to the slope (or more depending on your fitness level) which wasn’t too much of a problem for us but just something that older guests or those with children might want to bear in mind – carrying your equipment back to the chalet after a long tiring day out on the slopes can feel like a bit of a slog – but then again that also depends how much you push yourself throughout the day!

Thank you Harry, Emily, Charlie and everyone else for your wonderful hospitality! We had an absolutely fantastic stay and I couldn’t recommend Alpoholics and Chalet Orshanti highly enough!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The outdoor hot tub was brilliant
Large groups People with pets
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Cathy C
Fareham, United Kingdom
“Already looking forward to returning next year!”
Reviewed 29 March 2015 for a stay in March 2015

Just returned from a great break staying at Chalet Orshanti in La Plagne. Transport from the airport to La Plagne was comfortable and friendly. On arriving at the Chalet we were met by the very friendly staff who helped us with our bags and showed us to our very comfortable, well equipped rooms. Delighted to have the use of a fabulous hot tub which was just off our bedroom! The facilities in the chalet are very well thought out and suited every one of us staying at the chalet - from 6 months to 50+!
The food was excellent; full breakfast to set us up for the day. Delicious cakes and hot drinks were available in the afternoon and a lovely 3-course dinner was served to us in the evening with wine and beer. The lounge is very comfortable and a great place to sit and relax chatting with fellow guests after our meal.
Strange I know that we did not go to La Plagne to ski (or snowboard!), we wanted to chill out and relax but found plenty to see and do over our stay. Chairlifts took us to the top of the stunning Glacier where we enjoyed a glass of wine (in the sun!) before going in to the ice caves to see ice sculptures. There are plenty of places to walk and take in the breathtaking scenery. We had a brilliant time riding on the back of a skidoo (fantastic way to see the area whilst enjoying the thrill of riding up and over the mountain!) and also went for a ride in a sledge pulled by huskies .... great fun! We didn't get chance to ride on the Olympic Bobsleigh ... will save that for next year!
The chalet host and staff were very attentive to our every need and made sure our stay was enjoyable. Great value for money ....thank you very much .... we will be back next year.... ski lessons here we come :-)

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: Personal service from the host and chalet staff and attention to detail
Travelling group: Extended Family
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
Management Response
30 Mar 2015
Thank you so much for your lovely words. It was a pleasure and we can't wait to have you back next year.
sarushka...
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent chalet, perfect for a snow holiday”
Reviewed 24 March 2015 for a stay in March 2015

Our group had a great time with the Alpoholics team, the chalet was very comfortable and had everything we needed. Harry the chef cooked excellent meals, Emily looked after us all (and was patient with us after we had had a few glasses of chalet wine), and Charlie was really helpful with all our queries. The location is quiet, but close enough to the pistes to almost class it as a ski in/ski out (it's a 5min walk along the road to the piste). It was great to be able to demo the bataleon boards and the switchback bindings, made the week quite a lot more varied. Go and stay with these guys!

Friends getaway Large groups
Diana K
Surrey, United Kingdom
“Exceeded my Expectations”
Reviewed 5 February 2015 for a stay in January 2015

My first experience of a snow holiday! I was the only non skier of our group of family and friends. Very easy access to Plagne Centre and Bellecote by free bus! I found a walk up to the Centre which burnt off some of the many calories I consumed thanks to Nathan's amazing food and Emily's wonderful cakes! The skiers were out all day and headed straight for cakes/ bread and jam before unwinding in the hot tub on their return. Lots of snow while we were there. Charlie, Jamie, Emily and Nathan couldn't have been more welcoming and accommodating. The chalet was very homely - great that there is a table tennis table, sauna, dvds, games etc. I would not hesitate to recommend Chalet Orshanti to all my friends and family. One word of warning re Geneva Airport - it's very chaotic on a Saturday! I will never go there again without speedy boarding on Easyjet, BA check in desks seems fine! Easyjet queue was the longest I have ever seen - and really badly managed!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Nathan's meals and Emily's Cakes!
Liked least: Geneva Airport
Travelling group: Large Group
Your age range 50-64
Friends getaway Large groups
Alexis D
“So good - stayed another week!”
Reviewed 26 January 2015 for a stay in January 2015

Before the 10th of January I had never skied in my life! I had also never stayed in a mountain top chalet! The combination of great company, warm and friendly accommodation, and beautiful slopes, makes for a unforgettable experience. I'm not going to even start on the scenic views and slopes, because I will be here all day! So let me tell you about my hosts....

What I will say is that I loved it SO much, I am sitting here writing this from another one of Alpoholics chalets on my second week! I Let me tell you just some of the reasons I am loving it here.....Huge - well kept chalet, hot tub, sauna, table tennis, AMAZING restaurant style catered food EVERY NIGHT, and last but certainly not least - chalet hosts who were not only capable of looking after us, but also being, fun, bubbly and now they feel like close friends! Thank you to everyone who made this holiday possible......can't believe I still have 5 days left!!!!!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The food and hosts
Liked least: the bed sheets
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
918KateA
Norwich, United Kingdom
“Fabulous food, great personal service, loved it.”
Reviewed 12 January 2015 for a stay in December 2014

We stayed over christmas and had a lovely time - yes, it snowed on Christmas day. The absolute best thing about staying here is the staff. Charlie - managing a very tight ship, ensuring all runs smoothly and everyone stays happy. Nathan - taking deserved pride in the production of fabulous food every night (and the morning - with great hot options daily including THE BEST smoked salmon and scrambled eggs I have ever had). Emily - very welcoming, attending to your every need and efficiently keeping everything going. As well as baking the perfect cakes to replenish your calories expended on the mountains….
The chalet was warm and clean with comfortable beds and a very friendly/cosy dining area where you can watch the chef and host beavering away. Lovely views across the valley to mountains- enjoyed from the balcony and the hot tub! We will return.
Accessing the slopes was an easy short walk/ski both in and out (best once more snow came).

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: the excellent food
Liked least: low water pressure in the shower
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing