“Over Priced and out of date!”
Review of Dakota Inn

Dakota Inn
Dakota Inn
Ranked #30 of 31 Hotels in Minot
Reviewed 24 July 2012

We stayed at the Dakota Inn because it was the only place in town that wasnt booked up. We were charged $130 for one double bed and given a "discount" because we were referred by choice hotels because they had no vacancys. As soon as you walked in the lobby you were hit in the face with the smell of smoke. The rooms were outdated by about 30 years the comforter looked stained and dingy. The towels were stained and felt like you were drying yourself with bark from a tree! And the brick wall in the room felt as if you were sleeping in a prison cell. My boyfriend also woke up around 3 AM to see a tall dark shadow of a man walk through our room and into the wall. In the morning when we asked the front desk if anybody had reported seeing things and they told us a man who had stayed at the hotel a lot years ago, was murdered and said to be seen around the hotel at night. If you want to pay an arm and a leg to stay in a prison like setting, this is your spot!

• Stayed: July 2012

Reviewed 22 July 2012

Booked 2 rooms for 2 nights. We had a change in plans and was not able to go to the Fair. I called to cancel the rooms and some guy said "yeah I will cancel". I received a message asking if we were coming cause they can rent out the rooms. I called the next day and they said they have no record of me cancelling. POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank mbtravelers100
Reviewed 2 January 2012

Whenever we go to Minot we have always stayed at the Dakota Inn. We checked in which was effiecient, but we were to pay for the room before. Unusual. We got to the room and everything seemed ok, but use the bathroom. The toilet paper was thinner then paper. I am sure the newspaper would have served to be softer and more durable. The kleenex was of no better quality. The bathroom floor around tub, wall and toilet we dirty We checked into the place and 3 days later had never seen our bed made, garbage nothing. I phoned to the desk and complained wanting a refund and then got action .We were on holidays and slept inn. We had the do not disturb sign up. When we left the room I made sure the sign was off or facing for cleaning service. It was made clear that if they are cleaning and when it is your turn they skip you and DON'T come back. The white towels were grey and stained. Breakfast was donuts, coffee,toast, and either bran flakes or kids cereal., juice. The morning we were leaving we were listening to the cleaning couple across the hallway from our room arguing very loudly in their mother land language. Felt like rats in a hole. Run don't walk.

Room Tip: To get a good room Don't come here
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 April 2011

WORST place we have ever stayed! We got stuck staying at the Dakota Inn because everything else in town was full. The cement walls made the room feel like a prison cell and everything in it was at least 25 years old. Our 2nd night there we opened our hotel room to find that they gave our room away to someone else. The staff was rude and completely unaccommodating. The manager was very unprofessional and did nothing for us. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. Avoid it at all costs!

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank NDreviewer
Reviewed 14 March 2011

I stayed here for a wedding.it is a nice hotel with a 8 foot pool and nice rooms.the rooms had 2 beds and i stayed here 5 times and the rooms are alaways clean.the down side of this hotel is that the rooms are a little outdated.

• Stayed: February 2011
Reviewed 9 October 2010

Like the title says, I haven't even stayed there yet and I'm very afraid to do so because of how I got treated by Dominic on the phone this evening. I called to confirm my reservation for an up coming date, and he indicated that he was too busy to help me, and that it really didn't matter that he was treating me badly because "it didn't matter" that I was a customer. I suggested to him that he should give consideration to the fact that it really does matter that I am a customer. He suggested that I must have been drinking. He hung up on me. His "Bosses" name in Jeton. Well Jeton, what are planning on doing with Dominic? How very sad that you have this empolyee working for you. It is my plan to find out the owner's name of Dakota Inn to make him/her aware of how "customers" are being treated by Dominic. Shame, shame on you Dominic.

• Stayed: October 2010
Reviewed 28 September 2010

The cement block walls and the air freshener to "cover" the smells are the highlights of this otherwise avoidable dump. Somehow, they have the gall to charge 130 a night during Hostfest.

When we asked why our non-smoking rooms smelled of smoke we we told they are normally smoking rooms "but we cleaned them extra good." If my room was extra clean I dread their regular efforts.

Needless to we're trying hard to find ANYTHING else.

• Stayed: September 2010