“Wonderful stay”

and 1 more site!
The Vegas Motel
Ranked #27 of 31 Hotels in Minot
Reviewed 21 March 2014

I have stayed at the Vegas Motel a few times and have a great experience each time. My last stay with our family was a couple of weeks ago and it was a very pleasant stay. The pool was nice and warm, the beds were comfortable and the front desk staff was very curtious to us. I would recommend a stay at the Vegas to anyone. Great Place and Clean !! Don J

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Don J
There are newer reviews for The Vegas Motel

Reviewed 18 March 2014

I have spent numerous nights at the Vegas, and I think it is a great place to stay and a great value for your money! The staff has done a great job updating the rooms and keeping the place clean! I will always stay at this hotel when I need a room in Minot, ND!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank misstravellady
Reviewed 1 January 2014

After having just spent the weekend at The Vegas for the North Dakota State Poker Championship, I have to say that I was very impressed by the high level of service the relatively small staff was able to provide given the fact that the hotel was packed with over 1600 poker players!

The front desk staff and Hotel Manager Wendy were very accomodating to me and my large group of friends. The Poker Championship itself was very well run as well. I cant wait to come back next year!

-Curtis Roll

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Curtis R
Reviewed 23 October 2013

I rented a room at The Vegas Motel back when they first opened and the motel needed a lot of work at the time, between the staff, the comfort and room it would have only rated 2 out of 5 but, I stayed there last night, Oct 22nd and I could see they have done a ton of work updating the room, and the pool area, the staff was friendly and helpful. I was super impressed with the motel now since I am someone who can compare it to when they first opened. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable, I would stay again and would tell my friends to stay there anytime.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Joel M
Reviewed 20 June 2013

This hotel may look like one of the better ones in this little town of Minot but appearances are decieving. The staff is lazy, inconsiderate, and far from professional. The company that I am in town with pays thousands of dollars a week to rent rooms for their employees. We were possibly checking out but when we didnt they locked us out of our rooms at 11am and didnt let us back in until our boss came by to pay the $275 for another day at 9pm.

While we waited in the lobby we heard the receptionist discuss guest business with other guest, talk about her personal life numerous guest while using inappropriate language, and she walked away from the desk leaving the phone to ring over and over again 10-20 minutes at a time. We also heard her saying some very inappropriate things about one of her fellow employees who was apparently obese.

Lastly the microwave in our room didnt have a plate and it was rusted. We asked every single time we had to speak to someone on staff that we wanted another one but we never recieved one. Whole time we have been here our rooms were left untouched unless we called the front desk to request a cleaning or tracked down one of the wandering housekeepers. If the towels werent dingy then the sheets were stained. When housekeeping did anything they always forgot something like to take the garbage or leave us clean towels. The outside cleanliness was just as bad because the trash piles up and the hallways smelled.

I wouldnt recomend this hotel to anyone that cares about the standards of their living.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
5  Thank patsat74
Reviewed 10 April 2013

my friends and i stayed here because other people stayed here before and said its just a cheap stay and not that bad. Ummmm I would have rather slept in the car. It was bad. It would take too long to go over everything. If you are going to be in the hotel business you need to put in a tiny bit of effort.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank PMichelleL
Reviewed 31 December 2012

Yes, the Vegas is old and somewhat run down. However, with the average price of a room in Minot running over $150.00 a night, the Vegas is a bargain at $89.00 a night. The pool, spa and sauna areas are nice and clean. The Sevens Restaurant in pricey, but delicious! Truthfully, how much time does one really spend in their room? The beds are comfortable and the price is right.

Room Tip: If you want quiet, request a room that is not pool side.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple