“Average-- But Could Be Very Good”

MainStay Suites Minot
Ranked #19 of 31 Hotels in Minot
Reviewed 20 April 2014

Just got back today-April 20th/2014 from two day store and was booked into Room 228. We entered and phoned down to request different room as someone had obviously placed extremely hot fry pan on carpet which melted plastic in carpet and left ugly round depression. Rug needed to be replaced, so they moved us to Room 328. Good thing room staff was outside room as I had to call her in as there were ketchup stains on wall which she wiped down. I later did some cleaning myself around head board and doors. Dried mud in elevators which almost took 24 hours to disappear.Good location behind Dakota Shopping Mall. Breakfast 5-9 am was adequate-sausage/eggs, cereal, toast, yogurt, coffee, hash, white gravy with bacon/eggs next. No juices either day.

Room Tip: I believe all rooms should be good as this is a newer hotel. I am hopeful that my experiences are th...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
SleepInn M, General Manager at MainStay Suites Minot, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2014

Robert,
I'm sorry to hear we failed to meet and/or exceed your expectations during your stay with us. I have addressed these problems with the housekeeping. I hope during a future trip you will come visit us again and see the changes we've made.

Reviewed 26 March 2014

I have stayed at this hotel before. The room was excellent with everything spotless and gave me the impression that this place had just been open, new. The room was spacious and the bed comfortable. I only stayed one night so did not have a need for the refrigerator, stove and microwave. It was nice to have a cup of quality coffee hot and able to drink from a glass cup rather than the usual Styrofoam. The service on check-in and check-out was excellent. They added a nice touch with soup and bread sticks for an evening snack. The breakfast was o.k. The scrambled eggs were far more tasty than my usual fair at hotel continental breakfasts, but they did not offer any sweet rolls or other pastry. I could get a couple of pieces of toast (white bread only) and perhaps a bagel of sorts. I did not stay there for the quality breakfast and the room was excellent, quite and comfortable. It is next to the mall and easy access for eating and shopping establishments. Would stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Mikegal05

Mike,

I'm so glad you chose to stay here with us at the Mainstay Suites during your recent trip to Minot. Breakfast is a ever changing thing as we try to keep us with what people may or may not like. I'm sorry you were not pleased at your selections. I value your input as a guest and hope you will come visit so you can personally see how I use feedback just like yours to make sure changes are made and guest stay happy.

Hope to see you soon

Reviewed 12 March 2014

Since this hotel was built, I have made it my "go to" place to stay while conducting business here. I was pleasantly surprised last night to arrive to complimentary chicken and wild rice soup. It gave me something to snack on while I waited on the desk clerk to come back from break with what appeared to be a close friend. I guess he had stepped outside to smoke judging from the potent odor coming off of the jacket he never took off. While his friend chatted and finished off the remaining soup, he shared how the former general manager had been laid off about six weeks ago. He let me know she was friends with the "morning girl" so she left, too. He assured me the new GM was doing a great job even though she wasn't as personable as the last. I finally got to my room, thirty minutes after first walking in, to find the bathroom floor apparently wasn't swept during cleaning. That, or the bobby pin fairy is out of control. The rooms are nice here and if you need a short term fix to a housing issue, the suites are nice to have. There is no pool, so if traveling with kids, take another option. I think I've outgrown this property. There are better choices in town for business travelers.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
SleepInn M, General Manager at MainStay Suites Minot, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2014

DM510,

On behalf of the Staff and myself at the Mainstay Suites thank you for making us Your "go to" Hotel when here in Minot. I'm so sorry we failed to meet or exceed your expectations during your last stay with us. I have spoken with both the Housekeeping supervisor and the mentioned desk clerk about the issues that occurred during your visit. I sincerely hope you will give me the chance personally to make it up to you and show you our improvements on your next visit. Please feel free to contact me personally to discuss this matter.

Jeannie Wright
701-837-3119

Reviewed 3 March 2014

Breakfast and overall staying experience was great. The room and kitchen for the price was very good. I have stayed at the comfort inn numerous times and they are more expensive and their room arn't as nice. I will be staying at the Mainstay for now on when I am in Minot.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
SleepInn M, General Manager at MainStay Suites Minot, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2014

Brian W,

Thank you for your kind words about your recent stay with us. I'm certainly glad you've have chosen the Mainstay Suites as your lodging choice here in Minot and look forward to your next visit,

Reviewed 31 January 2014

We stayed in an Econo Suite which had a separate bedroom area, full size fridge, 2 burner stove, full size dishwasher, microwave and coffee pot. There was a good assortment of dishes and utensils. Living room area had a love seat and two chairs, a kitchen table and two chairs and there were flat screen tvs in both the bedroom and living room areas. Room was very clean and within a short walk of the Dakota Square Mall.

Only items that prevented a excellent review were there was no lotion in the bathroom (yes am spoiled) and the breakfast area while looking great only had 6-7 tables as the space was consumed large leather couches and the breakast selections were certainly not what I have come across in other comparable hotels. It was fine but very limited options.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
SleepInn M, Director of Sales at MainStay Suites Minot, responded to this reviewResponded 2 February 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us feedback about your stay at the Mainstay Suites. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I will be sure to pass your compliments onto the staff. We hope to see you again in the near Future.

Reviewed 18 January 2014

My husband and I drive in the oilfields and we lived at Mainstay Suites for a year. Our room(s) were always clean and well maintained. The staff were extremely courteous and went out of their way to provide us a home away from home. The hotel and grounds were always well maintained. When our company moved us into an apartment we were sad to leave the Mainstay Suites.

Keep up the great work. I would highly recommend this hotel as a place to stay if you are looking for a home away from home.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank DriverV
SleepInn M, Director of Sales at MainStay Suites Minot, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2014

Driver,

A warm Thank you from our Staff to you and your husband for you Kind words. We are sincerely thankful you enjoyed your time with us at the Mainstay Suites and can't wait to see you again.

Reviewed 31 December 2013

I stayed here 10 nights . Awesome place to stay , very friendly and helpful staff , great rooms , walking distance even in 0 weather to the mall and restaurants and breakfast was good with a large selection . I live in motels months at a time and this place gets my vote anytime.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank WW2781
SleepInn M, Director of Sales at MainStay Suites Minot, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2014

I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us, We look forward to your next stay with us at the Main Stay Suites