“Great Hotel!”

Ranked #22 of 31 Hotels in Minot
Canada
“Great Hotel!”
Reviewed 16 August 2014

Room was clean and spacious. The front desk staff were very friendly and got us checked in quickly. We had a kitchenette which would have been great for anyone staying for an extended period of time. Breakfast was pretty good considering there is no restaurant in the hotel, it had eggs, bacon, breads, pancakes, yogurt, cereal, juice, coffee etc. Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Sweetnsouthern, General Manager at MainStay Suites Minot, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Thank you so much for taking time to leave us feedback concerning your recent stay at the Mainstay Suites of Minot. We are happy to hear to enjoyed breakfast! We hope to see you in future trips to Minot.

GM

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Minot, North Dakota
Reviewed 16 August 2014

My stay was for 08/11/2014 for 1 night, and I originally called about a month ago and spoke with Jeanne the Hotel Gen. Manager and advd that I was coming do a birthday party and slumber party at this hotel. She was soooo accomodating she advd I could use the breakfast area for my daughters party and offered wristband to utilize the Splashdown at the Sleep Inn since the Mainstay does not have a pool. (This is complimentary with the hotel stay). Most hotels only offer band per how many people are staying in the room but she offered extra bands that would accomodate all the girls attending the party. Her staff was amazing as well, I was going to need a pull out sofa, they made sure I had that room type by locking that room in ahead of time, because I'm a perfectionist in my planning I made trips to the hotel asking to see the room space to understand the functionality of the room for the girls staying and they took me right to the rooms so that I could see the space.

Upon check-in the front desk had 8 bracelets prepared for me, as well has a dvd player on hold with a selection of movies that they thought the girls would like. (DVD Players are complimentary, but must be signed out first come first serve, however they usually have enough and they have a great selection of movies to check out as well.) And as promised the breakfast area was ready for me. They granted me early check-in and late check-out, with no problem.

Also you get all the same services from the Sleep Inn as their guests do, for example you can swim until late at the Splashdown until 11pm, and you can either do breakfast at the Mainstay or the Sleep Inn, the kids and I went over the Sleep Inn for breakfast.

I've done many stays around town with my daughter's birthday parties and this hotel by far went above and beyond to accomodate. And that to me is amazing, I'm also a travel agent that travels quite a bit and this hotel definitely impressed me. I will definitely be back ! Thank You Jeanne and Staff, you made my daughter's day AMAZING!

Room Tip: Tfhis hotel is not near city center but is located right next to the Sleep Inn that's connect to...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Sweetnsouthern, General Manager at MainStay Suites Minot, responded to this review, 17 August 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us feedback about your recent experience. We are so glad you choose the Mainstay Suites of Minot for your daughters slumber party and thankful it turned out just how you wanted. I have passed your compliments on to all the staff and they look forward to hosting many more Slumber party's for you and your family in the future.

Webster, South Dakota
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Excellent large room! Bed was very comfy and nice linens. The room had a full size fridge, cooktop, dishwasher and microwave. This is the perfect hotel for a long stay. Fitness room was extremely nice with good quality equipment. Pantry downstairs has a huge variety of food to cook on own which is great for business travels. Breakfast was ok I ate at 8:15 and they were out of coffee in 2 pots and down to 2 sausage patties and some eggs. Could be better attended.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Sweetnsouthern, General Manager at MainStay Suites Minot, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Heather
Thank you so much for leaving us your valuable feedback about your recent stay at the Mainstay Suites. I'm happy to hear you found your accommodations impressive. We take each and every guest input to heart and thanks to your feedback I have added a recent position of a breakfast attendant to ensure nothing gets missed as guest come down to start their day with a good breakfast. We hope you will come back and see us in your future travels.

Rainbow City, Alabama
Reviewed 13 July 2014

when we arrived, we were given a standard queen room, not the suite I was promised and that was listed on the reservation; even though our rate did not change. Hotel is clean. Lots of oil field workers here, so not as quite as I would like. Close to mall and restaurants.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
SleepInn M, General Manager at MainStay Suites Minot, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Hi Cathy,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your valuable feedback. I'm pleased to hear you found your accommodations clean as we pride ourselves on your excellent house keeping staff and they join me in thanking you for your kind words.
I was a little concerned about the confusion with your booking. All 75 of our rooms are "suites" If fact all room's are the same except the number and size of beds. I certainly hope this clears a little of the confusion. Please feel free to contact me directly as I'd love to talk with you more about your stay.

Bismarck, Arkansas
Reviewed 7 July 2014

The people at the desk were so helpful. We were under a lot of stress due to family illness.and they were so nice and thoughtful. I wish I could remember their names but my thoughts were elsewhere. Thanks again to a staff of great people!

Room Tip: We saw one of the large suites a friend had and they were unbelievable.I think all rooms had at leas...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
SleepInn M, General Manager at MainStay Suites Minot, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Cleone,

Our deepest symphony's extended to your family and we sure hope your Mother a speedy recover. Although the circumstances were less then ideal we are sure glad your family choose to stay with us during your time here in Minot.
I have shared your compliments with the staff and they join me in thank you for your kind words.
We look forward to welcoming you back on future visits to Minot and wish you and your family the best.

Warm Wishes,
Vancouver, Washington
Reviewed 3 July 2014

We were pleasantly surprised by the room and breakfast .Our flight got in late so we were at the hotel at 11: 40 p.m.. We had a reservation but the woman in charge was training a new person and proceeded to have her check us in. She actually scolded her in front of us and when we asked if we could just get our key (we were prepaid) she kept saying " I need to do this first" and said it 3 more times as we were standing there, waiting. The trainee was embarrassed as were we. I was proud of her for not telling her what she could do with her job. Then she told us we were a "No show". We reported all of this to the manager and she was very kind and apologized and said we would be a "no show" after 7 a.m. the next morning. So it took us 20 minutes to check in but because the manager was kind and the trainee tried so hard we came back 6 days later on our return. Mainstay was great........one person can spoil a good stay!

Room Tip: Referrals from other travelers
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
SleepInn M, General Manager at MainStay Suites Minot, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Mary,

It was my pleasure visiting with you the morning of your departure. I sincerely apologize about the incident that took place upon check in. Due to your concerns there has been some additional customer training put into place so situations like that do not happen again. I'm very thankful you choose to give us another chance when coming back into town and hope you will continue to visit during future trips.

Orem, Utah
Reviewed 31 May 2014

The Mainstay Suites are designed for longer stays, but we stayed just one night. The room was spacious and quiet. The beds were comfortable. We liked the large refrigerator with a freezer. The suite also has a microwave and small cooktop. The continental breakfast was fine. We would stay here again if we were ever in Minot.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
SleepInn M, General Manager at MainStay Suites Minot, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Mike,

Thanks for choosing the Mainstay Suites of Minot for your stay here in the Magic City. It's guest like you that make what we do as a team so enjoyable. Next time in your Minot be sure to stop in as we are making some exciting changes.