“good value”

Ranked #22 of 31 Hotels in Minot
The Pas, Canada
“good value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

stayed 3 nights over a weekend, very convenient having the mall and waterpark right there, didn't have to leave the hotel. kids loved the water park, only 2 slides going but that was fine. they have the best pizza there Friday and sat nights. they had free samples in the hotel and it was very good. the free breakfast had a large selection of hot and cold food items. would stay at this hotel again, don't really have any bad things to say about it. we were pulling a trailer and they had all kinds of parking there.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
SleepInn M, Director of Sales at Sleep Inn Minot, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Brad B,

Thank you so much for Your kind words and compliments about the Sleep Inn & Suites of Minot. I thrilled you were able to enjoy some of the amenities like the waterpark and our new pizza. We can't wait to have you as our guest again during your future trips to Minot.

Sales & Marketing Director

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Grand Forks, North Dakota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

I have stayed at this Sleep Inn for at least 50 nights in the past 6 months. I would say 85% of the time it is very nice place to stay. Very good location and really good if you have kids (Splash down water park).

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Fred D
Fred,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us feedback via Trip Advisor about your experience with us at the Sleep Inn & Suites of Minot. Thank you for choosing the Sleep Inn for your lodging needs in Minot its customers like you that make what I do a pure Joy. I look forward to welcoming you back many more times.

Safe travels & well wishes.
Fargo, North Dakota
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2014

I switched back to Sleep Inn from their sister property due to lack of guest service. I had stayed at Sleep in before, but had a bad experience there, so I had moved on. When I checked in for my most recent stay, I asked for a Diamond upgrade. The desk clerk looked at me like I had three heads and asked me what that meant. Never mind. I'll take what you gave me. This hotel also automatically adds a safe charge and tax for that charge on your bill. The next morning I asked to have it removed. I was given a receipt reflecting it had been removed, but was charged the original amount. I left my phone number for the manager, but have not heard back and that was on 5/15. This hotel does provide a decent breakfast. It is nice to be able to walk into the mall without having to use a car to get there in the winter time. That's about all the good infer I can provide. The management here does not appear to care about guest service and that is reflected in the attitude and training of the desk clerks. There are places to stay in Minot that actually do care and are newer and nicer than this choice.

Room Tip: This hotel has an elevator, so you are pretty good no matter what you choose.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank DM510
SleepInn M, Director of Sales at Sleep Inn Minot, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
DM510,

Thank you for taking time to leave us a review about your recent stay with us at the Sleep Inn & Suites in Minot about your recent stay. I sincerely apologize about the poor service you received both during and after your stay with us. Please contact me at 701-837-3119 so I can look into the safe charge on your bill and ensure that gets taken care of for you. We value guest feedback so we can make improvements and I assure you your feedback is valuable. There will be some customer service training done so that the guest service agents know just how important our Diamond Elite members as well as all guest are to us. Please come back and visit so you can experience first hand the changes in our guest service.

Sales & Marketing Director

Travellers are raving about these Minot hotels

Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014

My wife, toddler, and I stayed here on Mother's Day weekend. The property itself is quite large and is attached to the rear of the Dakota Square Mall. Easy to find once you know where the mall is. The front lobby is inviting and the desk staff is friendly and accommodating. We had a room with 2 queen beds that were rather comfortable. We requested a crib in advance and it arrived at the room within 10 minutes (its a pack and play playpen which we know in advance so we brought our own fitted sheets). The room had a nice large flat TV, microwave, and a fridge that kept a very good cold temperature. The bathroom area was large with the toilet and wash area being separate from the sink. The only complaint that I have is that there is only a stand up shower, which makes sense for the majority of travellers, however it did not allow for an easy bathing of our toddler.

The pool area was was expected with a nice splash park for the young kids, a separate pool area for wadding for older kids and adults, and a hot tub. The water slide area has its own separate pool for receiving the sliders- which is good because the water slides run fast! The temperature of the water was expected as expected. The pool area was clean when we were there.

There was also a decent sized free breakfast that had an option for everyone.

My family would stay at this hotel again and again.

Room Tip: It's a secret.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Posane
Posane,

Thank you for your recent review on Trip Advisor. I'm excited to read all the wonderful things you experienced during your recent stay with us at the Sleep Inn & Suites in Minot, ND. We love that your were able to enjoy the hot breakfast as well as the water park. I'm so glad that our accommodations fit what you and your family needed while traveling, please note we do have rooms with bathtubs available please request those during reservation. If there's anything I can do to make your next stay with us more enjoyable please feel free to contact me.

Grand Forks, North Dakota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014 via mobile

This is the first time we stayed at this hotel. We stayed one night at the hotel and would like to say how impressed we where. The front desk was very helpful. When we arrived we found out that we got booked for a sleep inn in another town, the front desk cleared up the mistake and got us in a room on a full night for them. The room was clean and well maintained. The kids loved the Waterpark/ arcade, ( wrist bands included with stay in hotel) it was hard to get them to leave. There is some maintenance that the Waterpark needs but there in no safe problems. Kids love water! One of the best parts about this hotel is that it's located next to everything you could need, shopping, restaurants, and a movie theatre. For the price we paid I believe it was all worth it, including free breakfast and free waterpark passes. We will be booking again here.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
SleepInn M, General Manager at Sleep Inn Minot, responded to this review, 7 May 2014
Thank you for the feedback. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to having you as our guests again in the future!
Saskatchewan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2014 via mobile

Review after review. . The pool is freezing... don't waste your time. The only good thing is it is attached to mall...The breakfast was good and the coffee in the lobby was nice. There is no bathtub so I had to hold my daughter in the shower (she is 7 months) so that sucked.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
SleepInn M, Director of Sales at Sleep Inn Minot, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
Thank you for your comments and suggestions. We're so glad that, overall, you enjoyed your stay! We will definitely look into why the pool happened to be cold during your stay with us. Keep in mind next time you come visit we do offer rooms with bath tubs and try to accommodate guest when asked to have a room with a tub. We hope to see you back during your next trip to the Magic City!
Yorkton, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2014

We stayed with our family of five and will never go back. But the pool was certainly not the added bonus we had thought. It had a disgusting amount of hair floating at the top of the pool when it first opened in the morning, when we tried the pool later it was even more disgusting. There were no towels on hand on day one and day two of our stay there. The most disappointing moment was when we realized that our bathing suits were literally eaten up by the amount of chemicals in the pool. Brand new bathing suits thinned right to nothing. When we brought up the issue with the staff at the hotel they said blame the pool as it is separate. When we brought up the issue with the pool they said send us pictures. We sent pictures and offered to send the ruined bathing suits and we have not heard back. Truly disappointing. If you plan on staying, don't use the pool or hot tub unless you bring a few bathing suits, towels and pool skimmer... YUCK!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
SleepInn M, Director of Sales at Sleep Inn Minot, responded to this review, 16 April 2014
Mrs. K

I am so sorry to hear you had a bad experience with us at the Sleep Inn & Suites. I assure you that what you experienced is not how the situation should of been handled and sincerely apologize about the inconvenience. I have spoken with the waterpark supervisor in hopes that feedback like yours will make for a better experience for future guest. Please contact me directly so we can talk about your bathing suites

701-837-3119