“Country Inn and Suites hotel room.”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Minot
Ranked #4 of 31 Hotels in Minot
Reviewed 16 August 2014

We only spent one night at the hotel but it was clean comfortable and quiet. The staff was great they answered all of our questions and they were very polite in doing so. The hotel was close to everything that we needed and we would definitely stay here again, would also be no problem recommending this hotel to others.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Country Inns & Suites By Carlson
Cheryl S, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Minot, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2014

I am so pleased that you enjoyed your visit to our hotel and appreciate that you took time to write a review. We value our guests' comments and suggestions. It is our hope that we will see you again the next time you are in our area for another visit.

Reviewed 13 August 2014

I will start by saying that the hotel is very nice as far as the rooms and breakfast goes. As long as you don't plan on using the pool area you'll be fine. We chose this hotel because of the great price and it was number 7 on the list. We came to Minot to see my fiancé and spend family time together and swim. We thought the pool was a salt water pool since it was so cold and didn't smell of chlorine but then we started pulling out clumps of hair. My fiancé and stepdad decided to investigate and ask if the pumps were turned on. While rinsing off they found poop in the cracks of the pool deck and along the pool wall. When they went to the front desk the girl mentioned that people have been complaining the past few days about the pool. She called her manager and she said she would take care of it on Monday (8-11) when she came in and to NOT close the pool. This incident happened on Saturday (8-9). Just think of everyone else who would be swimming in this pool till then. The front desk girl then called maintenance who told her to close the pool. Luckily she listened and finally closed it. Sunday morning we came down for breakfast and the pool was opened again. It looked the same and I can guarantee that the pool didn't fix itself over night. When we finally talked to the manager on Monday she didn't care about my family or the health concerns that can come from swimming in a pool like this and only gave us $30 off each of our rooms. So I called the Minot health department. My daughter who is 6 and just learned to swim and loves being in the water was swimming in this pool for almost 3 hours and like any child in a pool she swallowed water. Can we say GROSS!!! My daughter also has medical problems where she is prone to infections so you can only imagine my nerves at the time of finding all this stuff out about the pool. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. I will say thank you to Corbyn and Hannah for being understanding and dealing with this problem since their manager, Cheryl is a moron and only cares about money. I hope to God she doesn't have a family of her own and if so I pray for those children.

Room Tip: Rooms on south side are quieter
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
CarlsonRezidor, Carlson at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Minot, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. The Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Minot, ND and the Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group will work diligently to ensure any claim is fully investigated. We appreciate you bringing this matter to our attention. To discuss your stay further, please contact Corporate Customer Care.

Reviewed 12 August 2014

My 14 yr old Granddaughter and I stayed for 3 nights and I was very impressed with the cleanliness of the motel and the rooms. The beds were comfortable, as were the pillows! Non smoking and no pets allowed, so no stinky rooms! The staff were very professional and always had a smile. I got an awesome deal, so I wasn't expecting much, but boy was I in for a surprise! I don't have one bad thing to say about this motel and I will recommend it and stay there again! Customer Service there is exceptional. The breakfasts were fantastic! So much choice! Location was perfect - not far from the mall. The swimming pool and hot tub were great too, as they weren't over powered with chlorine!

Review collected in partnership with Country Inns & Suites By Carlson

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am always happy to hear guests say they enjoyed their visit to our hotel. I am thrilled tat you had a pleasant stay and look forward to seeing you again when your travels bring you this way again.

Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

The pool pump and heating wasn't working during our stay. It was so cold we couldn't enjoy our time and there was hair clumps swimming with us. No one from the staff let us know the problems they were having with the pool, just let us swim. At first I thought it was a salt water pool or something but turns out no chlorine was put in. Also turns out they have been shut down by the health department became the lack of repair to the pool but felt it was ok for my family to swim in that? The other family in the pool area found poop in a crack on the far side if the pool area and side of the pool wall. They notified the front desk who called management and they didn't close it! Please for your health, don't stay here.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Cheryl S, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Minot, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding a recent pool issue. There was a small incident that occurred with our pool one evening for which had us closing our pool over night. The object was removed and the pool was super chlorinated and tested. Everything was working as it should and we were able to reopen our pool the very next morning. We apologize for inconveniences this caused to our guests, but safety is a priority. We hope you will come back and visit us again giving us a second chance to impress you.

Reviewed 8 August 2014

1st stay at this location. Joseph went out of his way to give us accurate directions to a good car wash, a particular restaurant wanted to get to, and a car dealership we need to get to tomorrow. We wanted a room away from traffic side of hotel and he offered to move us but it would have been a downgrade for less money but assured us we had one of the best rooms in the hotel (he was indeed correct) and didn't believe the traffic noise would interrupt our stay. We travel all across the USA and can say his friendly, helpful, & professional manner was welcomed. Room was spotless as well.

Room Tip: 1 Bedroom suite is great!
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Cheryl S, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Minot, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to write a review. We appreciate our guests' comments and suggestions. Joseph was pleased and honored that you mentioned him by name. We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you again when you are in our area.

Reviewed 7 August 2014

Nice big rooms/bathrooms! Tastefully decorated, excellent continental breakfast, wonderful checkin/out service. Two nice big tables in a sheltered area that you can enjoy your evening sitting at was a perk too. Reasonably priced :)

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Country Inns & Suites By Carlson

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review. We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. Yes, those tables and chairs on the patio are nice to sit at during the evening when it is cooler. We hope you will stop in again the next time you visit Minot. Enjoy the rest of the summer.

Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

Joseph was extremely helpful and professional, his service was greatly appreciated. He helped with my last minute reservation, also with my application to your reward program. Nice room, clean, quiet, polite staff.
I will definitely stay at more hotels in your chain due to Josephs help!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Cheryl S, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Minot, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review. We are just thrilled that you enjoyed your visit to our hotel. Joseph was honored that you mentioned him by name and we all look forward to seeing you again when you are visiting Minot again.