“To be repetitive, Meh...”

Sakura Japanese Steak House
Ranked #18 of 131 Restaurants in Minot
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 26 March 2014

This place is a good thing for Minot. A little something extra for a special occasion or just a Friday night. We went for a birthday. Good food! Everything was well seasoned & cooked beautifully. However, the service was quick & cold. It was what do you want and here ya go. The chef doing our show was the same way. Just wanted to get on to the next table. It's was strange to longingly stare at the next table having more fun than us. I did get extra saki & wine. so there that. The whole encounter was like an awkward one night stand. Along with my fellow reviewer Odelbr, It was all MEH.

Reviewed 16 March 2014

If you're looking for dinner and a show, this is the place. If you're looking for great customer service and reasonable prices, go elsewhere. Every time we've gone with large groups and made reservations nearly a week ahead of time, we're seated AT LEAST 45 minutes past our reservation time. The most recent visit we had, I didn't even get my first drink until we were halfway done with our meal! No offer of discount, nothing. They said that it's because the bartender was working alone and they were very busy... so then why was everyone else at my table on their second and third drinks before I got my first? My husband and I had the same exact meal- except he ordered "sides" and I had the actual entree. My bill was $55, and his was $18!! IF you choose to eat here, order off of the sides menu, and come for lunch, not dinner. Over rated and over priced.

Reviewed 18 January 2014

We have visited Sakura on several occasions. Our last visit we were disappointed because the chef we had was not engaged with the table (we sat at the grill). Our food was overcooked and so much soy was used it ruined the lobster and shrimp.

Had the chef at least interacted with us we may have been able to overlook the food issues.

Reviewed 14 January 2014

We ordered a teriyaki steak bento box, a teriyaki salmon bento box, a King Roll and Fried Gyoza....(way too much food for three people!) The person on the phone was very competent, and when we picked it up in person they were fast and efficient---great service. By and large, we had some excellent food; if this place were in a large city I would probably give it four stars but in Minot they deserve a solid five.

Tempura---very good
Soup---a bit blah
Salad---not very fresh, good dressing
Gyoza---good stuff
Fried rice---tons of eggs, freshly made, delicious

King Roll---One of the best rolls I have ever had. Sweet, crunchy, great flavor!
California roll---Very good

Salmon---tasty
Steak---cooked perfectly, excellent flavor
Noodles---good
vegetables---good
shrimp appetizer---very good

Overall, great stuff. I hope it is consistently good because I am excited to eat here again! Also, I would recommend it to friends and family and anyone who has a craving for good sushi.

Reviewed 25 December 2013

We arrived with 3 people. We were sat right away...that's where it stops being positive! The table was right by the doors and it was freezing! They mixed up our order, took forever to get service and when we did, it was if he was talking to himself the whole time.
My husband went up and paid the bill, we put our coats on and walked out. The owner chased us out saying we didn't pay! Thankfully we had paid with a credit card, so we had the receipt! Not a positive experience at all. We will not return on our next visit home.

1  Thank Stanley2549

Been to Sakura Japanese Steak House? Share your experiences!