“Practically perfect in every way...I'll stay here every time.”
Review of Hyatt House Minot

Hyatt House Minot
Ranked #3 of 31 Hotels in Minot
GreenLeadersSilver level
Colorado Springs
“Practically perfect in every way...I'll stay here every time.”
Reviewed 15 August 2014

Wow, what a great hotel! We had a 1-bedroom unit with full kitchen and it was perfect! The unit was spacious, the hotel is new and clean, and the breakfast is really good. I was impressed with the service which was always attentive and helpful even though the hotel was fully occupied during my visit. There is a grocery store a short distance down the road and Minot is small enough that you can get anyway in a short time. I'm hard pressed to find any "room for improvement" suggestions - the only thing that comes to mind is that the pool, which I didn't use, seemed very small. Parking in the front lot was a bit of a challenge if we came in late in the evening but there were always well lit spaces by the back door. This will definitely be my hotel of choice for every trip to Minot.

Green Features: Recycling bins were available in the rooms and by the garbage cans in the front of the hotel. There were also instructions telling how to indicate that you were willing to keep the same bedding or towels from one day to the next.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
HyatthouseMinot, General Manager at Hyatt House Minot, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
AJColorado,
What an amazing review! Thank you for giving us 5 stars!!!!
I'm pleased that you were impressed with our "spacious" rooms and I will share your praises with our staff. We are always so blessed when our guests' experience is excellent. We look forward to serving you again.
Lorena S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Reviewed 13 August 2014

The staff was very courteous and professional. The rooms were clean and smelled refreshing. I have stayed here three times in the past month and would recommend this hotel to anyone and everyone. The only two downfalls are; that the road leading up to the hotel is hidden by 6 foot grass and during the continental breakfast, the lady making omelets was very rude and refused to make my family omelets due to it being close to the end time for breakfast. She was still making omelets for other guests when we were standing there and even after we left to go eat breakfast at a restaurant.

Room Tip: The Deluxe Suite is the way to go..!!!!
Green Features: I love how environmentally friendly Hyatt House thrives to be and is still able to give the same great quality.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

HyatthouseMinot, General Manager at Hyatt House Minot, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
Traci,
Thank you for saying that we are "the place to stay" in Minot. We are so pleased that as a repeat customer you continue to use our hotel. I spoke with my breakfast lady about what happened that Saturday. She told me that due to the popularity of our omelets, at one point there was an hour wait for omelets and she did tell a couple guests that as it was after 10am, she was going to stop taking orders as she had an entire row of requests that she needed to complete. This is a-typical and we normally have no issues providing our omelets to every guest. She apologized for stopping service on omelets at that time because we recognize this was frustrating to you. In the future, this will not be an issue. Thank you for continuing to stay with us. We look forward to your next visit.
Reviewed 12 August 2014

The hotel looks very nice from the outside and the inside was very pleasing except for the size of the pool. More hotels should have an outside pool.....one that everyone would use along with a hot tub. Our room was very spacious with a separate bedroom with two double beds and a flat screen T.V., a living room with another flat screen and fully stocked kitchen with eating area. Although it was a nice room the cleaning staff did not finish their job before we moved in. The kitchen floor was sticky and the stove and surrounding area was not cleaned up from the previous tenants. The dishwasher was also not emptied of the half clean dishes. We did tell the front staff of these problems but they did not attend to them so I had to take care of it myself. Sheesh!! We did enjoy the breakfast buffet although I would also say that the cook at the omelette bar decided that she was done making them at 9:30 when it was supposed to close at 10 so was unable to get an omelette. Thumbs down on that! We were of the opinion that this is a fairly new hotel and they did not have enough staff on duty and the ones that were there were worked to the bone. In the end I would give them another chance!

Green Features: They did have separate bins for cans/bottles and another one for paper.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

HyatthouseMinot, General Manager at Hyatt House Minot, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
Wendy B,
Thank you for reaching out to us via Tripadvisor. I'm pleased that you found our rooms spacious and the breakfast excellent. We do pride ourselves on this.
I will follow up with my staff concerning the housekeeping. We certainly want to make sure that every check-in goes smoothly and every room is perfectly ready. Alas we are human and sometimes make mistakes. This will be addressed.
In addition, I will follow up with my breakfast team. We do indeed close our breakfast at 9:30 Monday through Friday. However, on weekends, we do extend the hours until 10. I will make sure that we are adhering to these hours.
Thanks for giving us another chance!
minot
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Walking right in to an amazing layout great customer service and an amazing room was wonderful after a long drive! Was really disappointed about the size of the pool and the fact that they advertise they have towels in the pool room and they didn't. The breakfast buffet is just amazing the food was well made and always stocked. The only thing that bothered me was the omelete bar the cook decieded that she was done making them at 9:30 when it wasn't supposed to close until 10. But the hyatt was still the best hotel i have ever stayed in! And will recommend it to everyone.

• Stayed August 2014
HyatthouseMinot, General Manager at Hyatt House Minot, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Amanda,
Thank you for taking time out to leave us a review! I'm pleased that you felt our rooms had an amazing lay-out and our customer service was excellent. Often this is the most important piece of everyone's stay.
I notice you mentioned that we didn't have pool towels in the pool room. Should this ever happen, please notify our desk and we will promptly restock. We always have extra towels behind the desk for guest-rooms as well.
Thank you for letting me know about the issues with our breakfast chef. We certainly want to ensure that our breakfast is open until 10 on weekends.
Regardless, I'm so pleased that you found our hotel to be the "best hotel" you've ever stayed in. High praise!
We look forward to serving you again.
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed 5 August 2014

The rooms are large and very clean. The in suite kitchen is everything you could need with a full size refrigerator. This hotel offers a nice breakfast as well. The pool is small however, but most of the guest do not use it.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
HyatthouseMinot, General Manager at Hyatt House Minot, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Michelle B,

Thank you for staying with us and leaving us a 5 STAR review on Tripadvisor! We are pleased that you found our rooms "large and very clean". The kitchen definitely sets us apart and is certainly an excellent surprise for many of our guests as a full-size refrigerator can make your stay much more comfortable. On behalf of HYATT house Minot's breakfast team, we thank you for your praises of our breakfast. What an honor to be able to serve you.
We look forward to your next stay with us.
Lorena L.
McKinney, Texas
Reviewed 2 August 2014

No no no, this place may look like a decent place on the outside but once you walk inside you can tell something is wrong. The staff tried to be helpful but when we asked them about why our room was dirty their response was "we didn't have time", they told me they didn't have time due to some event in town. Who says this? What hotel doesn't have time to clean their rooms? So disgusting. For starters you really don't want to use the rolling carts as they have some type of stains that you really hope are just water stains. As you round the corner to get to the elevators you are greeted with the smallest hallway ever, hope you don't run into someone else as you get to play the stranger dance, wondering if you are going right and the other person is going left. Getting in and out of the elevator makes you a little claustrophobic as well. Our room was unfortunately right off the elevator so we were greeted with random noises all night long as people moved around the hotel in and out of the elevators. Walking into the room we found so many things wrong we didn't even set our bags down, just turned right around and left. There was hair around the tub floor, the toilet had stains, the floor was dirty, the beds smelled funny, the couch seemed to have the same stains as the rolling cart, guess they got both from some street corner, the corner that they call a kitchen had dust and dirt...I'm actually tired of typing out all the things wrong with this place so I'm going to stop and hopefully this is enough to make you think twice about this location.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
HyatthouseMinot, General Manager at Hyatt House Minot, responded to this review, 3 August 2014
Thank you for reaching out to us. However, upon further investigation of your stay, I noticed that you never stayed in our hotel. You mention that you booked a studio suite and indeed did receive that room. However, from what our management staff remembers of her interaction with you, upon check-in you were unhappy that you had booked a studio instead of a 1 Bedroom Suite.
When you arrived in your room, my manager stated that you asked to be moved to a larger room. As we were completely full that evening, we were unable to upgrade you for free. So, we showed you 3 more studio suites that you were unhappy with. Then, you left and told us that you did not want to pay for a cancelation fee because you felt that your room was dirty. We provided you with a full refund for your stay and immediately cleaned up every room that you had tried out. We hope that you did find accommodations that you approved of that evening.
Our shortcomings with the cleanliness of our carts will be addressed. Thank you for bringing this to my attention.
Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

Breakfast was nice but you need to eat early since it was empty and cold by 730am.

The room was nice and spacious. I found hair all over the bathroom floor(not my own) and found other hair the following day in the toilet (again not my own). There was toilet paper pieces in the shower each day. I assume they used that to clean. Trash near the elevators was full when I arrived and remained full when when I left... With the same trash

• Stayed July 2014
I am pleased that you found our breakfast nice and the room spacious. As I review your comments about our cleaning staff, I'm a little confused about the hair you found. It seems a little odd that you found things after a day of being with us. Despite this, I will work with my staff to improve their stay-over cleaning practices and ensure that we have enough pubic area attendants available during high-volume days. We are all human and sometimes we make mistakes. However, we are always committed to improvement. Thank you for sharing with us.