Open today: Closed
Review Highlights
Always a good take in !

I have been to the fair a few times as my son lives in Minot, ND. Always had a good time and... read more

Reviewed 5 August 2018
lsmith1338
Winthrop, Massachusetts
Our visit to the North Dakota State Fair 2018

I grew up in Minot, ND so I was used to attending the State fair every year, plus working there for... read more

Reviewed 29 July 2018
Todd O
Nekoosa, Wisconsin
via mobile

All reviews flea market on display parade midway vendors carnival stages sales building
Reviewed 30 July 2016 via mobile

We recently played a show at the Fairgrounds Grandstand! Wow what a great , energetic crowd! My time on the midway was lots of fun! Great food and attractions. Lots to do!

Reviewed 24 July 2016 via mobile

Good food, nice people.
Love the game and fish exhibit, my favorite!
Free music concerts, so nice.
They have added more places to seat and eat.
Travel on the people trailer, get you all around if you need a rest.

Reviewed 24 July 2016

One would reason that the North Dakota State Fair would be a huge event when considering that the state is physically very large and that farming is still a big part of the state economy. It certainly lived up to expectations. I happened to be wrapping up a business trip in Minot on opening day and had the time to enjoy what turned out to be a unique experience. Being from New Hampshire, I've been to much smaller county fairs (we don't really have a state fair here or in any bordering states) which have some elements of what I saw at the NDSF, but the scale is beyond anything I've ever seen.
The positives for me were lots of rides and concessions for the kids. An amazing assortment of food vendors offering everything from barbecue to sushi; great static displays of agriculture vehicles; the 4-H displays, which took up several function halls; the free shows and parades. Also, being a hot day, there were several opportunities to cool off in either shopping centers or in the NDSF Center itself.
The list of negatives is fairly short. The livestock wasn't on full display on the first day. It may 'build up' as the week continues; but, I was a little disappointed to only see a few animals on display. The other really big disappointment was the lack of North Dakota specific items for purchase. Everything was fairly generic carnival wares, from western wear to kitchen knives. I had been hoping to find something truly unique from local vendors to bring home. Even something from NDSU or UND or MSU would have done the job.
To sum up, it was the most bang for the buck that $10 can get.

Reviewed 23 July 2016 via mobile

First time being here and loved the paved fairgrounds, clean restrooms and great setup. The grandstands were clean and easily accessible. Chose row 25 to be under awning however the sound quality was poor and had a difficult time understanding what they were saying. When we walked down closer it was much better. Next time will book closer to the stage. We took free shuttle from mall that dropped us off and picked us up from gate D. Did not have to deal with parking, very convenient! Looking forward to going again next year!

Reviewed 7 March 2016

We went to the State Fair Center for the Home and Garden Show. We were surprised that this venue is large enough to hold the Home and Garden Show, PLUS a Flea Market and Monster Truck show at the same time! Clean and well organized facility!