Comfort Suites Minot
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
All reviewswater slidesdry saunafront desksmall loungecheck in was quicksofa bedwafflesindoor poolwear and tearoil fieldthe hotel stafffree breakfast isthe breakfast areacomfortable bedswould stay here againother hotelsbiscuits and gravy
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

This is a newer hotel. The suites are very nice and roomy. They serve breakfast from 6 until 10AM so there is plenty of time to grab a bite. It's your standard "free" breakfast, but it will do for substance. There is a nice pool area for kids. Be aware that the pool is open until 11PM if you request a room on the first floor. King size rooms are not available on the first floor., but there is an elevator. They have a small bar that opens from 5-11PM. The last two times I've been here I've stayed on the 2nd floor. Wifi reception is not as good as it is on the first floor. I had to give up on my iPad and post this from my phone. The staff at the front desk don't seem to care about friendly service. There is an African American gentleman that is very nice and I'm always glad to see him at the desk. The hotel is not full tonight and I asked Melanie for a Diamond upgrade, knowing a whirlpool suite was available. She advised me, rather curtly, that I already had a king suite. I seemed to have interrupted something way more important than checking in a guest. So much for being appreciated for your business. If you can get past the front desk service and the Wifi issue, your stay will be fine. This is the nicest Choice property in Minot.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Wendy F, Assistant General Manager at Comfort Suites Minot, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2014

Thank you for reviewing your stay at the Comfort Suites Minot. We're pleased to hear you enjoyed our clean hotel and complimentary breakfast. It is always our intention to acknowledge and upgrade our Diamond members whenever possible we will follow up with our front desk to ensure future guests do not have the same experience. Please allow us another opportunity to host you on your next trip to Minot.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

Stayed at Comfort Suites at the start of July for 3 nights. What a GREAT hotel with fabulous staff. Especially Pat at the front desk and Josh in breakfast - so nice! We stayed in a double queen suite and it was very spacious and even had a fridge & microwave which was handy for our leftover olive garden (favorite restaurant and none in SASK).
The hotel has lots of restaurants nearby and is a quick drive to the mall, so getting anywhere was very easy. The staff are very helpful in giving directions or giving suggestions.
We used the pool, hot tub and waterslides. WOW they have a nice big hot tub and a big pool to swim in - there was even a sauna.
The only (minor) downpoint of our stay was the breakfast, the juice tasted so water down that it was not good at all. Also, the eggs were always cold. But they had lots of other options; waffles, yogurt, toast, hot meats, etc which were all delicious!

So THANK YOU Comfort Suites Minot, I will definitely recommend people to your hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Taytraveler13
Wendy F, Assistant Manager at Comfort Suites Minot, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on the Comfort Suites Minot. Its great to hear such wonderful words. Pat, Josh and the rest of the staff join me in thanking you. We're all happy to hear that you enjoyed our spacious suites, complimentary breakfast and pool area. We appreciate you recommending us to others. Until next time, safe travels.

Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed 4 nights for the North Dakota State Fair and was really impressed with the quality of the hotel. The rooms were big and spacious and they changed our room to a pet friendly room in a moments notice. I think it's awesome that they had water slides and you bet we used them even though we were childless mid twenty something adults lol. The one thing they need to improve on is their breakfast. The juices and coffee taste like straight up faucet water. The eggs were watery and bland. The sausage gravy was way over salted and tasted like spam not sausage. But overall I would definitely recommend to others.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jaydster
Wendy F, Assistant General Manager at Comfort Suites Minot, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2014

Thank you for your kind words! We're so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us, we too enjoy the waterslides along with spa. The breakfast will be looked into and adjusted as needed,. Thank you for bringing that to our attention.
We look forward to seeing you and the others you refer here on future stays, until then well wishes and safe travels.

Reviewed 10 July 2014

The room was nice and large and new with nice amenties. The water park is only the 2 slides and a small pool. And we had some problems when we got there. I made my reservation through Trip Advisor 3 weeks in advance. When we checked in Comfort Suites told us that they hadn't gotten any of their third party reservations until that morning, and they tried to put us in a room that was NOT what I reserved. So the hotel was okay, but definately confirm your reservation in advance (even though they say you don't have to, I ALWAYS will from now on)

Room Tip: ask for king suite, which is much larger than a queen suite
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Lynda S
Management response:Responded 15 August 2014

Thank your for taking the time to make a tripadvisor review. First off we would like to apologize on behalf of both the 3rd party booking party and the hotel for the reservation error.
We take a lot of pride in our hotel and are glad that you enjoyed the larger rooms and many amenities our hotel has to offer. We hope you stay with us again on your next visit to Minot.
Well wishes and safe travels!

Reviewed 16 June 2014

We arrived late and the check in lady was in the adjoining bar (serving?). Check in was quick and we were on our way to the 3rd floor. Our room was on the north side (away from the freeway) big with 2 queen beds and 1 sofa bed, fridge and microwave. Breakfast consisted of eggs, sausage, cereal, yogurt, and make your own waffles...and there was a toppings bar for the waffles..strawberries, chocolate chips, whipped cream, black berries etc. On the weekend they added biscuits and gravy. The swimming pool with water slide was a big hit with the kids. The room was clean and quiet. Wifi was strong. The staff was friendly. A big THANK YOU to Patrick at the front desk. We had to cancel a family memeber's room a day before arrival (but after cancellation deadline). Patrick was kind enough to cancel without penalty. The bedding was comfortable with a duvet, not just thin blankets. A great place to spend the night!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank deanfromidaho

Thank you for the wonderful review! We're so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. We take a lot of pride in our hotel, and we're glad it showed during your stay. Safe travel and well wishes!