Best Western Kelly Inn
US$56
US$81
US$78
La Quinta Inn & Suites Minot(Minot)(Great Value!)
US$76
US$73
US$65
Hyatt.com
TripAdvisor
All reviewspool areathe manager's receptionparking lothot tubroom was cleanpoolside roomdakota mallthe managersnice poololive gardenlocation is greatcontinental breakfastbiscuits and gravygreat place to staynice stayeasy accesswould stay again
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 October 2010

We stay here every time we go to minot. We have 2 small children so we love having a two room suite at such an affordable price, that way we can put the kids to bed and watch a movie or something in the other room. The location is excellent right next to the mall and restaurants. The rooms are nothing fancy but they are modern and clean. We haven't ever found a real problem with noise with a poolside room but we usually stay on weekdays and sleep in the room furthest away. The staff are generally very nice and helpful and the breakfast is usually well stocked and not too crowded.
The only problem i've ever had is when i stayed there with my mom and they didn't have sheets for her for the pull out bed (she had just gotten off a 9 hour flight) we asked room service for more sheets and they sent us the wrong size so we had to ask again and there was a bit of a wait. When i got home i received an email asking me to fill in a survey about my stay so i was honest about our experience. The manager contacted me and resolved the issue right away. My personal opinion is that business are always going to make mistakes, but how they handle them is what really counts. It seems to me from my stays at the hotel and what i see on this website that the management here actually care about their reputation!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank fibtje
Reviewed 16 August 2010

I booked a room and 3 days before we leave I get a phone call saying they made an error and they do not have any rooms. They did find us a room at another hotel and we would have to pay for it. I was quoted a price but when I contacted the other hotel it was $20.00 more. Everyone I spoke to was very disorganized and didn't know what to tell me. I would think twice before I tooked at this hotel again as the service before we even arrived was not very good.
As I myself work for a hotel if we ever have to "walk" a guest to another hotel we take care of the charges for the inconvenience. After a few calls I was told I would receive a cheque for the difference of what I was quoted and what I would have to pay. We'll see what happens.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
Minot_Kelly_Inn, General Manager at Best Western Kelly Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2010

Dear Valued Guest,

I apologize that you felt our walk policy was not up to par. When we realized there was an error, we did contact you as soon as possible and booked you another hotel room. Since the other hotel was not at the same rate, we did send you a check for the difference. Please contact me directly the next time you come to Minot and I will ensure that we exceed all of your expectations.

Reviewed 17 April 2010

My wife and I stayed at the Kelly Inn April 9 - 12. Chose the motel due to the fact it is right across from the Dakota Square Mall. We had stayed at the hotel located in the mall several years ago and were not that impressed with it so thought we would try something different. My thoughts on the Kelly Inn......

- very ordinary hotel with really nothing to make it stand out. But, the room was clean but starting to show some wear and tear
- I was not too impressed with the coffee maker as it is a single cup maker. Kind of silly in my opinion. Provide at at least the standard four cup maker
- fridge worked very well and even had a small freezer
- bed was comfortable (king size)
- hotel was quiet at nighttime. Didn't hear anyone in the halls after midnight
- pool was very warm. In fact, I don't know if I have ever been in a hotel pool as warm as the Kelly Inn. It was very nice! My wife usually hates hotel pools due to their coolness but she even enjoyed it. Small kids will love this pool
- hotel policy is no birthday pool parties on Fridays or Saturdays. But, Sundays people can rent out rooms for birthday parties. That is a smart policy as too often we have stayed at hotels with several birthday pool parties going on and the pool is packed.
- hot tub a decent size but extremely hot. My wife, who usually spends most of her time in the hot tub when we are at a pool hotel, even found it too hot
- pool area looks very new and in great shape. Lots of chairs and tables with even some loungers. Also, two picnic tables which is nice
- very small area for the continental breakfast. Good luck finding a seat if you get there late. Also, not much to choose from compared to other hotel continental breakfasts we have had
- they missed cleaning our room Sunday. At around 6 pm I saw one of the cleaning ladies in the hallway and she said the lady who cleans our room had already gone home. But, she offered to come in then and clean but I said just give us some more towels and coffee and we would be good. Even though they missed the room I was impressed the lady offered to do it. And, the other cleaning ladies I saw each day were polite and friendly and greeted you with a smile.
- they had a very comfortable chair and stool beside the bed
- wireless internet worked very well

Something else we liked about the Kelly Inn location was there were restaurants and bars close enough to walk to. We went to the Mexican restaurant Paradiso on Saturday and my wife thought her meal was excellent. I had the Taco Salad and found it lacking. The restaurant is also starting to show its age. Sunday night we were going to go to the Alaska Alder Grill but found out they are closed on Sunday's. I was quite disappointed as the place gets great reviews. Thus, we went to a new place called Badlands which was very nice. Had steaks cooked to perfection! We also visted the Space Alien Bar and Grill each night for drinks and it was different (in a good way). Service was excellent though and they even had live entertainment Friday night. The restaurant part looked like something young kids would love. We also went to the Dakota Lounge one night for drinks but there was nothing special about it. Finally, we had lunch each day in the mall at Grizzly's Grill N' Saloon....best burgers I have ever had! Again, all these places located in walking distance to the Inn wich is a plus.

All in all, a nice stay with really no serious complaints. Will we stay here again? Maybe. Pool is great due to how warm it is. However, it is not a big pool and I think most kids, older ones that is, would likely prefer the pool and slides at the hotel in the mall. The one thing we really liked was the Kelly Inn is right beside the mall and close to some great restaurants. Really, not that many great hotels in Minot to choose from so chances are good we will be back. Thus, my adice is to try it and while you might not be super impressed, I don't think you will be disappointed.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Banfff
Reviewed 6 April 2010

i like and love the hotel but i suggest to put a safety box to store the important things there and hope that we can rely them if we left or forgot something in the room but aside of this the hotel is great (not include the breakfast ).

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 March 2010

The Best Western Kelly Inn is located next to the Dakota Square Mall and several very fine restaurants within walking distance. The staff is very friendly and jump at the chance to help with your every need. They even call the room after your settled in just to see if you need anything. The beds are the most comfortable and rooms are quiet. The only drawback is that a fitness center is not available.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled on business