“Wow”

Manorwood Bed & Breakfast
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Thorpe Market
Manorwood Bed & Breakfast
Reviewed 27 July 2011

What a lovely place to take a break. Set in it's own grounds Manorwood is beautiful..So convenient for the coast,and the Broads are just a liesurely fifteen minute drive away.We spent a day in Norwich soaking up some of it's history and of cause visiting some of the great stores that are there'.The B&B was very comfortable and homely. Breakfast was all freshley cooked. and for those who don't want a full english there was plenty of other lighter choises, and as much toast as you could eat. This was all served up with a friendly smile.We shall definately make a point of returning.

Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 27 July 2011

Really comfortable and relaxing break. Clean comfortable room, excellent breakfast, lovely surroundings and so much else to see and do in the area.
We would thoroughly recommend this B&B, we were so well looked after and will certainly be back.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 July 2011

We had a wonderful, relaxing stay at Manorwood. This location is peaceful with beautiful garden and pool and close to local towns. The owners made us feel very welcome and at home. Me and my partner thoroughly enjoyed our stay and cannot wait to revisit Manorwood.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 July 2011

I have been a regular visitor to Manorwood having discovered it in 2004 and I have actually lost count how many times I have stayed here, so that speaks volumes of how much I love staying here and I still haven't visited all the many attractions that there are to see.

Manorwood is set in a great location, with a lovely garden and just a short drive from the A149 ideal for exploring Norfolk or if you want to leave the car at the bed and breakfast for a change the local train station is a 10-15 minute walk away with trains to the coast or Norwich.

The breakfast really does set you up for the day, cereals, fruit, yoghurts, juice, plenty of toast and a choice of whatever you would like for the cooked breakfast.

I would recommend Manorwood to anyone wanting peace and quiet in very relaxing surroundings and will be booking to stay again for sure.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank maverick_360
Reviewed 6 July 2011

My wife and I have just stayed at Manorwood and loved every minute of it. We were extremely lucky with the weather which meant we could make the most of the local area and even the pool. http://www.manorwoodnorfolk.co.uk/- check out the website if you really want to see what this beautiful place looks like, Its no ultra modern boutique but what it is is a comfortable, relaxed, home from home run by lovely hosts. It is in an idyllic setting (we were lucky enough to see a deer in the garden!). High points: for my wife, the breakfast (all that was needed for lunch was a snack) and the pool. For me the garden and grounds and I liked the fact that the bacon and sausages at breakfast were local : ) . We've stayed at other places in Norfolk but this is by far our favourite so far and i know we'll be coming back again and again. We would recommend Manorwood to anyone who wanted a truly relaxed stay in a family run 4 diamond rated B & B with fantastic service.

Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Roly80
Reviewed 17 June 2011

We stayed here recently and were very disappointed. The welcome was less than warm--we were asked to stand and wait on the porch while the host showed another couple to their room. This was not ideal after a long drive and very different from the many warm receptions we have received at other B&Bs.

Our room was not pleasant-the decor was very dated and it was in an annex above the garage. We had no windows, only skylights, which made the room a bit claustrophobic. This effect was added to by the low, peaked ceiling in the cluttered hall between the bedroom and the bathroom. We were also disappointed to notice the shower tray was cracked in several places.

The location is not ideal--nothing of interest within walking distance so instead we had to drive to a neighboring village for dinner. It is about 10-12 minutes from the coast, but it is not convenient to the Broads----though we were told prior to booking it was. We were not at all happy to find it was a about a one hour round trip drive.

We were asked to come down to breakfast at a very specific time as we were told she was on her own and could not serve everyone at once--everyone being just another couple, perhaps 2 couples at most. I must admit that we did not come down at our 'assigned' time-- but found the dining room empty, as we did the next morning. Breakfast was the most paltry breakfast we've ever had in a B&B--a couple of tomatoes, a few mushrooms, a spoonful of beans and only one piece of bacon, one tiny sausage and just one egg.

We found it bemusing when the owner told us she was looking forward to going to a barbeque that day so she wouldn't have to cook, which was nice to have a break as she always had to cook for everybody-- we found this to be a rather an odd thing to say to guests to whom she had just served breakfast, and it did make us feel a bit uncomfortable. That more or less sums up the entire stay-- from the moment we arrived until we left, we had a mild sense that she was put out; as though guests were an imposition. It appeared she did everything on her own with no help from family or any staff. This felt like it was simply a commercial venture and very much a chore having people in her home--again, very different from the many other B&Bs we have visited where it seemed the hosts enjoyed welcoming people in their homes. As such, I regret that I could not recommend a stay in this B&B and strongly encourage other visitors to Norfolk to choose one of the other many B&Bs in the area.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank beachgirl1313
manorwood, Owner at Manorwood Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2011

What an unfair and unjustified review.
.First of all, as 2 couples arrived within minutes of each other, I did have to ask this couple to wait while I showed the first couple to their room. I did apologise for this both before and after asking them to wait and showed them into the hall, and was only a few minutes before getting back to them.
Secondly I don't have set times for breakfast and always ask guests what time they prefer. This couple said between 8 and 8.30 as they wanted to make the most of their day. They actually came for breakfast after 9.30 by which time the dining room was empty as the other guests had eaten and gone out. They said they were late because they had overslept and had had a very comfortable night. Our breakfasts are far from paltry. There is always at least 5 different cereals, fresh and tinned fruit, yoghurts and juice available to start with, as much toast as they like plus any cooked items that they order. Most of our guests tell us that they don't need lunch after eating breakfast here and have never had any complaints about quality or quantity.
Thirdly, our rooms are not ultra modern but in keeping with our house.They might not have been to their personal taste, but are refurbished on a regular basis with good quality furniture and bedding. Our annex room is one of our most requested rooms.
Fourthly we are only 10 minutes from the coast and 15 minutes to the start of the Norfolk Broads. Now they cover a large area and it was their choice to go further afield.
Unfortunately the local pub has just closed but we are within easy walking distance of the railway station from where you can reach the coastal towns and the Broads within 10 - 20 mins - in fact Norwich is only 30mins away. We have a beautiful garden and grounds and many of our guests picnic outside instead of going out to dinner. We do however have many pubs and restaurants within 5 mins drive.
We have many guests who visit on a regular basis, in fact it was one of these that rang me to tell me about this review. She had found it because I didn't have vacancies on the dates she needed and was looking for another B and B in the area. The amount of repeat visits that we get speak for themselves as to the welcome they receive.
Lastly, we were not aware that the shower tray was cracked. Why did they not mention it on their first morning? We were aware however that it was broken on their departure.

Been to Manorwood Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!