“Great place to stay”

Ranked #3 of 3 Cardston B&B and Inns
St Albert AB Canada
“Great place to stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2012

A Hidden gem - historic B&B with an incredibly beauitiful resturant.
A wonderful host, Ivan could not have been more helpful. Excellent accomodation in our own 2 bedroomed suite
Everytning you need for a long weekend stay

Room Tip: Eat your meals at Cobblestone Manor - great food. Cardston in an interesting place to explore - We...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Coll46

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Bawlf
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2011

We had booked the Cobblestone B&B for Dec 25th, to visit the Remington Museum on Boxing Day. We found a warm cozy welcome (2 space heaters). The host (Ivan) invited us to the gorgeous (cut glass) dining room for a tasty Christmas turkey dinner in front of the lovely fireplace.
After a peaceful night, and hearty breakfast (anything on the menu) Ivan treated us to a tour - the gorgeous golden oak room, with intricate mitred oak ceiling, the Italian stained glass dining room, Hoet's china cabinet, desk, and chairs. Cobblestone is a living work of art, must be seen to be appreciated. A real treat for those who appreciate the unique, out-of-the-ordinary articistic and/or historical.

Room Tip: spacious apartment (2 bedrms, 2 bathrms, microwave, mini-fridge, comfy chesterfield, tv)
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
East Hartland, Connecticut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2011

this B & B is a great value for the money. You get the entire apartment with a huge deck, and although the furnishings are a bit worn, the place is spotless. The excellent breakfast is included in the price and the tour of the historic home is fascinating. You can't go wrong here. There is a very friendly dog named Buddy who loves to cuddle!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank monica c
Calgary, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2011

The website claims that the food is exquisite and appreciated by foodies but the restaurant was empty, dirty, unwelcoming and the food was less than appealing. The crepes were not as described on the menu, drowned in whipped cream and tasteless. The soup was scorching hot and much too oily. The host was not very welcoming or accommodating and provided minimal advice for attractions in town. The accommodation was livable and spacious but unclean and in need of major repairs. On the bright side, the shower pressure was amazing. Thanks for the stay, but I will be looking elsewhere for accommodation if I come back to Cardston.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
5 Thank quinoacurry
San Francisco
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2011

I had a long day of traveling and just came over the border from Glacier National Park. Cardston is about 31miles from the National Park.
Cardston is a small town. It has limited places to stay but better value than places near Baab or St. Mary in Montana if visiting Glacier National Park
I happened on to the Cobblestone Manor by chance. I saw another motel in the center of town and it had the same price but no breakfast. I figure I would come out ahead.
I was charged $85CAD not including tax. Full breakfast that one chooses off a menu.
The people that run the Manor are really nice genuine people.
The Manor really is two apartments. The upper one I took pictures of is larger. It has dated furniture.The owners said more antique( I say used and dated). The lower one is more modern but smaller. If you have a group it would be great value since a full breakfast and as I understood the price for single or more people is the same.The upstairs TV had no remote that worked. There were three remotes but none fit the TV. I think it had not been used in awhile. In the closet there were other older TV's I think the owner is fixing. The full kitchen in the upper one is good but told I could use the microwave but not the stove. The couch I sat in dented in so much I need to put a pillow under me to sit on the couch. I heard about a hot tub on other reviews. I saw a deflated blue tub with jets on the deck. Maybe that what people were talking about, but I did not see one. The place was clean for me--Just the windows and the slide door with old dead flies. I figure the place was not used in awhile.
I ended up staying in the bottom rooms since I could not get the TV to work well in the up stair rooms. The down stairs has two bedrooms with two bathrooms. It does not have central heating and it was cold. However each room had a space heater and after awhile it warmed up well. Late night with all three heaters on I had to turn 2 down and shut one off.The couch is better in the bottom manor rooms. The TV smaller but works. The beds were comfortable with pillows. One bathroom the shower had a trickle so I went to the other bathroom with the tub/shower. When I moved the tub faucet to have the shower work the faucet fell off. It had some weak moist putty on it. However, the water in the shower worked well. The toilet in one the flush handle would go in circles so you had to be careful with the flush device. The other toilet worked fine. I at least had enough to choose from!
The keys to lock are not great. No bolt but I felt safe in this small community off the main street. It is near a Camping/RV area and next to the Carriage Museum.
So I would say I would be like staying at a friends place that they need to fix some things. But safe, breakfast cooked to order, friendly owners. Would be better value for a group of people than a single person.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank irishtea3
Washington
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 September 2010

As we drove in we found it like a junk yard behind the restaurant with the rental building like a converted garage. After much searching for someone we found that our booked room of a couple months had been downgraded. The upper suite with hot tub had been rented for a week or so over our one night reservation. At this point, still in shock, followed the proprietor as he walked in on a couple having a snack in the lower two bedroom suite. When it became evident he wanted us to share with these unfortunate folks we left.
While searching earlier I found the restaurant to be pretentious and overpriced.
We stayed that night at the South Country Inn downtown which was fine considering the circumstances.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
3 Thank 2olddogs
Edmonton, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2010

Just returned from our travels in Southern Alberta, where we spent 4 nights at Cobblestone Manor. We had a great time there, the upstairs suite was great for our family, we loved the patio and excellent breakfast in a beautiful restaurant. House is older, but we found everything in working order, and even used the (yes, very loud) airconditioner to cool it down in the evening. But we did not need it at night, as open windows provided good cooling - we all slept very well, and woke up with difficulty shortly before 9am for breakfast. The B&B is excellent value.
We also enjoyed our dinner in the restaurant (good food, excellent value), along with the stories about the history of this unique place. Cardston is a great place to stay to explore the area, without having to camp. I would highly recommend it as a base. Carriage museum was also very good - don't miss it.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank Kungla
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cardston
The Outpost Motel
Montana's Duck Lake Lodge
Rocky Ridge Country Lodge
Rocky Ridge Country Lodge
#1 of 2 in Mountain View

Been to Cobblestone Manor? Share your experiences!