“Unfortunately this is considered the best in town!”
Review of South Country Inn

South Country Inn
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Cardston
Reviewed 12 June 2014

I spent a day walking in Cardston and stayed for one night at the South Country Inn. I chose it because it was considered to be the best in town, if so that’s not saying much! The hotel is much like a Travel Lodge or Quality Inn without the franchise inspections. To be fair it was adequate, but even though the young fellow on the desk said he had checked all room that day and gave me one of the ones with better air control, my room (on the west side) was extremely warm and with the sun on it, opening the window didn’t help much. The bed was okay, the room was clean and everything in the bathroom worked. The added bonus to the warm room was that my socks dried in no time. I did not use the pool, partly because it was very basic and in a odd location in front of the lobby and in full view of the road. They do not have any food services. One note about Cardston in general, is that it is a dry town so no beer with your pizza.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
6  Thank Valleyguy2008

Reviewed 19 May 2014

I stay here for two nights while in the area. The front desk staff was very friendly, and helped me with some questions I had about the area.

The room was simple, but comfortable, and the bed was nice. There was free WiFi, but it was intermittent at the room I was in at the other end of the hotel. I went to the lobby and it worked great.

Overall I was happy with my stay, and will stop by again if in the area.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank SouthFLTraveler
Reviewed 25 April 2014

We were traveling around Montana and the whole state seemed to be full! We couldn't even find a place to camp for the night! We decided to travel to Cardston on a whim, and what a great choice that was! We found this hotel right in the middle of town, and it had a jacuzzi in the room! After hiking all over Glacier Nat. Park, this was a dream come true! Very nice staff, extremely friendly, and a beautiful town to boot!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Stephen P
Reviewed 29 September 2013

This was a great place to stay. Friendly staff. Very accommodating, clean great place. A small breakfast would have been nice, even a very limited continental. A good jumping off place for Glacier or Banff.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Joy S
Reviewed 27 September 2013

Warm friendly staff greeted us on arrival. The rooms were clean and tidy. Beds comfortable. No breakfast was included in the price, but still an excellent place for a base to explore Glacier National Park.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sam M
Reviewed 26 September 2013

We loved this hotel. Great rate. Very clean. Nice bed and piles of pillows and towels. Staff was charming and helpful. Great experience.

Upon learning the tent campground we planned to stay at in Glacier National Park was closed for grizzly activity, we tried and failed to find a reasonable room outside St. Mary or Many Glacier. All the rooms in East Glacier were also booked. We looked at a map and decided our best shot was Cardston. What a great choice! Just a short 30 or so miles away and as a bonus we got to hit a nice bakery and grocery store before heading back to Glacier.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DVPFlorida
Reviewed 16 September 2013

The room was nice and clean, quiet A/C unit, and the rooms were in good shape. The front counter staff were efficient and helpful. This is my second stay here this year and I would recommend it to anyone staying in Cardston. I would have liked the beds to have been a little bit more firm.

Room Tip: As there is little traffic through Cardston in the night, there is no real need to select a room awa...