“A lovely step back in time.”
Review of Bluebird Motel

Bluebird Motel
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Claresholm
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Stayed in the Bluebird in April 2014 just overnight. I had driven from Vancouver that day so was pretty tired. My son in law booked me in there when I called to say I wouldn't make it all the way to their place that night. At first, driving in to the parking area, I wondered what he had gotten me into. But the people at the front desk were so welcoming and then seeing the room was such a pleasant surprise. It was like stepping back in time. The room was spacious and nicely decorated to feel at home. It had a little kitchen area and WIFI. Everything I needed was there. As it is right beside the highway I was concerned about traffic noise, but I didn't hear anything. I slept through the night and didn't even hear all the work people that were staying there, leave in the morning. It was a cool morning so I turned the heat on and within 2 minutes the place was toasty warm. I would absolutely stay there again. It was lovely.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 28 May 2014

This is a lovely quaint older motel. The staff are very friendly and helpful and we have excellent wi-fi service as well. We have had a wonderful sleep here. The motel has fabulous antique furnishings and a bar fridge and microwave in the room as well. The carpets are older and a little stained from the years but clean. Very clean room. Will stay again.

Room Tip: Although our room faced the highway ( you can ask for one that does not) we did not hear the traffic...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank badgirl56
Reviewed 3 May 2014

I had a wonderful experience staying at the Bluebird Motel, and did not want to leave! My room was charming, and spacious, yet cozy. Great Staff, friendly service, clean, and safe. Highly recommended!

Room Tip: I stayed in the 'Home on the Range' room, and was so pleased to be there. Great decor, and...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Shaz G
Reviewed 24 April 2014

The Bluebird begins with a welcoming desk person. Our room was immaculate and spacious. The heat was quiet and good. We were not aware of road noise. They are pet friendly and made us feel at home with our dog. We travel 12,000 miles a year with our dog and this is a very comfortable stop. There is also a good Greek restaurant nearby. Claresholm is also a nice small town to overnight versus the cities and franchised motels.

Room Tip: The location of all rooms is good.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank cristeen z
Reviewed 3 October 2013

We have stayed there twice and we found it so clean and very nicely furnished that we will make a point to stay there again.Also very nice owner and manager.Older motel but very nice and clean.You wont be disappointed!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Jo G
Reviewed 21 August 2013

What a charming and immaculately clean spot to spend a night after a long day on the road. It is easy to locate and provides a quiet night's sleep. The gardens are well tended and a joy to see. Restaurants are nearby. We highly recommend you try it if you happen to be in Claresholm!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank am m
Iqbal N, Manager at Bluebird Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2013

Great comments! I hope you noticed the marigolds this year near the cabins.

Reviewed 7 August 2013

Need a small cottage, full kitchen, renovated bathrooms and quiet location? Well then the Bluebird is the Motel for you. Come and check it out, it is quaint and well suited to folks wanting a peaceful break from the hustle of the Big City :)

Room Tip: Look for those cute cottages, they are so nice and cozy :)
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for your comments. We have recently updated one of our theme rooms, The Calgary Stampede room.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Claresholm
Best Seven Inn
#2 of 5 in Fort Macleod
Red Coat Inn Motel
Red Coat Inn Motel
#4 of 5 in Fort Macleod

Been to Bluebird Motel? Share your experiences!