“Amazing atmosphere”

Lakeview Inns & Suites - Drayton Valley
Ranked #11 of 11 Hotels in Drayton Valley
“Amazing atmosphere”
Reviewed 25 April 2014 via mobile

The rooms were exactly what I wanted amazing staff and Eleanor the morning waitress never let's your coffee cup go empty and was fast and very polite and fun. Way to go Eleanor you really know how to brighten a place up the prices were very decent as well

Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
LakeviewDV, General Manager at Lakeview Inns & Suites - Drayton Valley, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Dear Ian W,

Thank you so much posting a review on Trip Advisor. It was a pleasure to hear that you enjoyed your stay here with us at the Lakeview Inns & Suites Drayton Valley. I will be sure to pass on your kind words to Eleanor. We are so proud to have such wonderful staff here that do such a wonderful job. It would be our pleasure in welcoming you back on your next stay.

1 780 542 3200

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Grande Prairie, Canada
Reviewed 27 October 2013

Room was fine; great breakfast buffet in the resturant right off the entrance / lobby - starts at 5:30 AM which is great when you want to be gone by 6:00 AM. Staff at front desk were courteous and accommodating. First time there cleaning lady tried to come into room twice while my wife was still in room - make sure you keep security hook latched until you're leaving room. Room price is a third higher than Edson, but room was fine. Convenient location to get to Hwy 22 and the Cowboy Trail quickly.

Room Tip: Drayton Valley is fairly booked up right now, so be sure to call ahead and reserve a room.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank RandyW523
Dear RandyW523,

Thank you so much for submitting a response here on Trip Advisor. It's always a pleasure to hear that our guests had a wonderful stay with us. As for our housekeeping staff entering your room we so do apologize for that we are continuously training our new staff. We thank you again and hope to see you again in the future.

Canmore, Canada
Reviewed 28 July 2013

I guess first of all, I have to say the the staff at the front desk was great. Also in the breakfast area. And the bed really was comfortable. I had a business suite, which was spacious with a separate living/office room, complete with air conditioner in each room. Although I was finally able to get the air conditioner in the bedroom working, it stopped in the evening and did not work all night. Bummer - HOT night! Now, I understand that this is mostly a 'working man's hotel', the hallways were as expected - mud from workboots on stairs and carpet. There was an unpleasant smell in the room - not sure if it was 'air freshener' or not, to hide that this is still a smoking hotel with 'some' rooms that are not. Right. The bathroom tiles and around the toilet had black mold. That is not acceptable.

Breakfast had an amazing fruit salad and bowl of yogurt. Which was all I could have because of gluten allergies. The rest looked pretty good...
eggs, sausage, bacon, toast, fried potatoes, several juices and boxes of cereal and milk.

I would probably try this hotel again (if the other two choices were filled!), when I need to visit DV.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
Dear Linda B,

Thank you for posting a review on Trip Advisor. I was glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay here with us. Our staff take great pride in the services we offer. Our full breakfast buffet is always the highlight. I will be sure to pass on your comments regarding the smell and the muddy boots. We hope that if in the area again we can welcome you back.

Travellers are raving about these Drayton Valley hotels

Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 14 June 2013

I stayed at this hotel, and was very happy, Oh! and the beds are extra comfy! , and the room was clean. The front desk staff are nice and courteous. They have a restaurant and a lounge which is very good, so i can order it from my room, and I loved their food, it's yummy! The breakfast buffet was awesome! I'm so pleased with their great service!, it made me feel like home, which made my stay wonderful. Keep it up! I will recommend this to my friends, and I will be back.

Room Tip: rooms facing south have a nicer view
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Honey123605
Dear Honey123605,

Thank you so much for the wonderful review that you posted here on Trip Advisor. It's always a pleasure to hear that our guest felt at home away from home. We take great pride in the providing exceptional service to all our wonderful guests. I will be sure to pass your kind words to the wonderful staff that make this all possible. If ever in the area it would be a pleasure welcoming you back.

Barrie, Canada
Reviewed 24 October 2012

I didn't stay at the hotel, but the restaurant has been renamed Roustabouts. the food quite simply was fresh, delicious and authentic. I had lunch and had the best turkey club sandwich I have ever tasted. You new from the first bite, real roast turkey, great cheddar cheese, crisp tasty bacon.

I went back for dinner and had the Butter Cicken as a customer of mine told me to try it. It did not disappoint. It was as a large portion of rice, garlic nan, and butter chicken. The sauce was great! Keep up the good work...I'll be back!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Luncheo
LakeviewDV, General Manager at Lakeview Inns & Suites - Drayton Valley, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Dear Luncheo,

Thank you so much for review on our restaurant. Our Chef Rushi takes great pride in his work, and a result the excellent food that comes out is simply amazing. As the New GM of the Lakeview Inns & Suites in Drayton Valley, AB i'm completely honoured to all be part of such an amazing team. Thank you again for your kind words. It would be a pleasure welcoming you back on your next visit.

Red Deer, Canada
Reviewed 10 May 2012 via mobile

We stay at lake views whenever possible, as they have incredibly comfy beds!! Clean rooms, staff was average. It did smell a bit of smoke in the hallways but you could not smell it in our room. The breakfast was okay, they had bacon, sausages, pancakes, French toast, potatoes, eggs, bread, bagels, yogurt. Plus you can order from the menu if you wish. The eggs were the only thing not very good. The staff in the breakfast room was very friendly and helpful. I would also say the parking lot was not meant for cars, huge holes, and big drop off to get in and out. Overall the I would recommend, the beds and clean rooms are so worth it!!!

Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Dear Carla S,

Thank you so much for taking the time out of your busy schedule in posting a review on Trip Advisor. It's was a pleasure hearing that you are such a loyal guest of Lakeview Hotels. We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed the services we provide. I will be sure to pass on your kind words to the wonderful staff that make this all possible. If ever in the area it would be a pleasure welcoming you back.

Winnipeg
Reviewed 19 April 2012

I stayed at Lakeview for 2 weeks in March 2012. I was there for business and this was pretty much the only hotel that had any rooms so our company booked here. Looked ok from the website. I have to start off with that the staff were very friendly and that is about the only good thing.
My bed was in the basement (room 145) at the very end of the hallway. I was getting into bed the first night to two red ants in my bed... i tried to get past that and enjoy my stay. You can hear EVERYTHING while you sleep, i could barely hear my television as the people above me just walking around made so much noise (this went on the entire visit).
The room was barely cleaned every day, i dont think they vacuumed my floor at all the entire 2 weeks, and they cleaned the bathroom but not well. They did not replenish my shampoo and conditioner every day (until the last few days of my stay) and one day they gave me lotion instead of conditioner.
I felt dirty being there. I had a chair in my room that had a nasty stain that i would never touch or sit on, and there was a couch in the hallway between the basement hallways that had a nasty stain too.
Every time i would put my key card in the door, red ants would come out of the hold in the door... yuck. now i know, bugs can be everywhere, but this just further proves that they do not clean this place well. To top it off, i ended up getting ringworm which i know i contracted there because i got it about 5 or 6 days into staying there and it hadn't gone away. I thought it was a normal rash, but i had no idea what ringworm is until I had this rash for a month and went to a doctor!
The food - less than average. Breakfast was bland, nothing special. I am not saying it was bad, but id rather go to timmies for breakfast. I guess for free, it was good. I ate there twice for dinner and it was less than average, probably the worst place i ate at while i was there.
And is roomservice supposed to knock on your door at 7:30 in the morning? I have always known them to clean when everyone is likely out of their rooms! I was woken up every morning to them knocking on my damn door!

Overall, i rate this as a 1 but only because the staff were friendly. NEVER would i stay there again, but NEVER will i be in drayton valley anyways.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Dear Lori B,

We appreciate you sharing your thoughts and comments regarding your stay with us. It is regrettable you did not enjoy your stay at our property. Please accept my sincere apology for the noise challenges you experienced. I have taken note of your valuable comments and will address these to continually monitor and improve the quality and services we offer.

Thank you for your feedback and I hope that you will give us the opportunity to serve you again in the future.