“Treat Yourself”

Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in High Level
Yellowknife, Canada
“Treat Yourself”
Reviewed 24 October 2010

You already know what you get with hotel chains (there are several to select from in High Level). Everything's a little nicer at this place (sometimes a LOT). The bed was comfortable, the bedding seemed really clean and comfy too. I'm tall, so I even noticed that the bath wasn't standard (for once, it was actually big enough!). There's a nice restaurant in the hotel which had a great meal (at a reasonable price...& wonderful service). I also liked the setting a lot better than the chain hotels (this place is a couple of blocks from the highway...so it's off the noisy stip). Nice continental breakfast (home-made bread + the basics) offered as well. I believe there were also vehicle plugs for when it gets colder (important in the north). HS Internet worked flawlessly.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled solo

Families
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 21 September 2010

Executive House Suite Hotel is hands down the best place to stay in High Level. The full kitchen is a great feature for those that don't like eating out every night. The option of using the local fitness centre across the street, for free, is also a breat bonus to keep busy at night. The nights in the hotel were extremely quiet and the comfortable bed made for a great nights sleep. In the morning, freshly baked bread made in the hotel, was available with the free continental breakfast. The staff is extremely friendly and I highly recommend this quality establishment to all my co-workers, friends, and anybody passing through High Level...

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
High Level, Canada
Reviewed 14 September 2010

I have stayed at very "fancy" hotels and have never felt as at home or taken care of as t the Executive House. While waiting for our house to be ready, we chose to stay at the Executive House Even though we moved into a beautiful home, we still miss being at the Executive House and consider that our first home in High Level. We have recommended this hotel to friends and they have also agreed that it is an excellent and uniquie establishment. All the staff go out of their way to take care of you. Thank you to everyone at the Executive House for treating us so well!!!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business
Calgary
Reviewed 22 July 2010

Pride of ownership is evident in the layout and management of the hotel. Very comfortable & clean

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business
Prince George, Canada
Reviewed 17 July 2010

Very nice newer hotel with the best service I have experienced in a very long time. Everyone I ran into at the hotel were excellent and really cared about my stay. The restaurant has excellent food (BB-Q Steaks and home cut fries!) and the service is second to none.
Well done Executive House!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank camtheglassguy
Anchorage, Alaska
Reviewed 9 July 2010

In arrived at the High Level Airport dock. Tired after a long day of traveling.

The gentleman who operates the aircraft fuel service called in a reservation at the Executive House in High Level...and I couldn't be happier.

I stay at many different hotels in my travels and I can't remember ever being treated as well.

Steve and Nancy take personal service to a new high. For instance...I'm in the restaurant and I wanted to order a hamburger but I was informed that the restaurant used Miracle Whip instead of mayonnaise. I HATE Miracle Whip but I was going to order the hamburger anyway, sans condiments. Steve was made aware of the situation and real mayonnaise was immediately purchased at the store and is now in the kitchen for anyone who asks for it.

The room was as one would expect at a top-notch hotel...clean, spacious, attractive, and comfortable.

I have a sideline business ferrying aircraft and High Level, Alberta will from now on be on my list of premium stops, knowing that there is a great hotel where I can relax and get ready for another long day.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank Medpilot
Naramata, Canada
Reviewed 5 May 2010

The owner of the hotel went out of his way to answer my questions and to drive me to the hotel (with a nice little tour of the town) and to my business meeting the next morning. My room was immaculately clean and very comfortable. As a guest of the hotel, I was allowed to use the huge fitness centre in the next building. It was a great perk of staying there. The only negative was the restaurant food...way too salty. However, the continental breakfast the next morning was very nice. The staff members were all friendy and accommodating.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled on business