“I really enjoyed it here....”

Quality Inn and Suites
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in High Level
Calgary, Canada
“I really enjoyed it here....”
Reviewed 19 January 2014

I can honestly say I really enjoyed my 2 night stay at this hotel. The staff made me feel as if they knew me forever and it was my first time there. The food is fabulous, especially the steak. My room was very spacious, i love the decor, and most importantly for me, the wifi service worked perfectly. I look forward to staying there again.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Tareq M, General Manager at Quality Inn and Suites, responded to this review, 13 October 2014
Dear reviewer,

Thank you very much for the positive feedback, we are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay!

Tareq Morad

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 6 December 2013

The hotel across the highway referred me to this property as it was more within my budget. I got a very nice room, exceptionally clean, with a friendly and efficient check in experience.

The room had a good sized flat screen tv (40"?) with lots of HD content, and great wifi connection. My room also had a fireplace, which was a nice touch. The restaurant serves an excellent steak and has an all you can eat salad bar.

Breakfast was included in the same dining room in the morning and Tanisha, the morning waitress, was very kind and pleasant.

The only downside was that there were no pay per view movies available :-(

Overall I had a great stay and I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying overnight in High Level..

Room Tip: I stayed in the main building which has interior access to the lobby and restaurant. It appeared the...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Tareq M, Manager at Quality Inn and Suites, responded to this review, 5 January 2014
Dear Cedric,

Thank you for taking the time to post this review and we are glad to hear that you had a good experience at our property. I will be sure to pass your compliments on to Tanisha, she is a fabulous server indeed, and we are fortunate to have her on our team.

Sorry that we do not offer in-room movies, but we have recently subscribed to a movie channel package that includes 9 full time movie channels, several of which are in full HD, free for our guests.

It was a pleasure to serve you and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 20 November 2013

Beautiful rooms and the fastest internet I've ever had in a hotel. They offered 4 great choices for breakfast which were freshly made to your liking and SERVED with coffee or juice. The staff were friendly and accommodating. Highly recommended!

Room Tip: Don't miss the free breakfast!
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Tareq M, General Manager at Quality Inn and Suites, responded to this review, 28 November 2013
Dear Adam A,
Thank you very much for your review and we are pleased you enjoyed your stay. We very recently upgraded our Internet services to offer high speed Fiber Optic connection, which is the fastest service available in Canada. It's great to hear that it is appreciated by our guests! I will extend your compliments on the complimentary breakfast to our F & B staff, hopefully see you again soon!

Tareq
Peace River, Canada
Reviewed 20 April 2013

I have mixed feelings about my stay at Quality Inn in High Level. I'll start on positive note - renovations are not bad. They looked a bit rushed but they are a big improvement over when it was the Stardust. Room was clean. It was first room I stayed in that did not smell like air freshener or really fragrant cleaners and, mercifully, laundry detergent used on the sheets did not have a smell. I am allergic to most scented products so to me, that was a huge relief. Bed was fairly comfortable and it was first time using hotel pillows that did not make me feel like I would need to see a chiropractor the next day. Complimentary breakfast was a nice surprise - choice of one of four hot meals. Although I didn't have time to use exercise room, equipment looked to be in good condition. Desk and chair were very nice and the chair was actually high enough for the desk. Rate was not bad - happy I could get AMA discount. I couldn't hear anyone in the rooms next to me. However, on the downside, service was poor. Check in and out was very, very slow. Clerk did not know anything about how to connect to the wifi - it was not the easiest thing to figure out. Connection is not secure which is not good if you need to use internet for work related purposes. I woke up at 5:30 am to the sound of diesel trucks warming up so I didn't get the best sleep. Because of renovations, room smelt like paint fumes and had to keep outside door open to air it out. No screen on my window. It was okay as there are no bugs out yet, but I would not have been impressed if it was later in the year.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your feedback, we are very glad you enjoyed your room. We have used the concerns you expressed as a guideline for improvement since your stay and have come a long way since the early initial conversion period. It took awhile for all our staff to get familiar with all the new software and operating procedures, but now the check in and check out process is quick and efficient. We offer the fastest internet connection available in the country (Fiber Optic) and it is password secured. Our breakfast offering has remained a very popular selling point for our property and we are glad you enjoyed it. We look forward to seeing you again soon and thank you for sharing ways in which we could improve our services.

Tareq Morad
Vanderhoof, Canada
Reviewed 27 March 2013

By far the worst Hotel experience in many years. Dog extriment in the room from a previous guest. After being moved to a new room, was woken up twice because of confusion on the length of my stay. The internet is barely functional. They advertise flatscreen tv's, reception so bad some channels are unwatchable. Extra fees added to my stay only reported to me the second night of a 14 day intended stay. left after 3 days.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business