“Great food, great service, friendly atmosphere”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Canton Chinese & Western Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 14 Restaurants in High Level
Reviewed 25 March 2014

I came into High Level on business with a co-worker and we decided to stop for a late lunch at the Canton Restaurant. The service was prompt, efficient and intuitive. The hostess (Lana) noted I took sweetener instead of sugar & guessed (correctly) I was diabetic, so she put the Sweet & Sour sauce on the side for me. She could tell my co-worker was vegetarian by his order (he didn't mention it), so when he asked for egg rolls she kindly warned him they did contain pork. Big portions of hot & tasty food arrived at our table promptly. We had our fill and the rest was packaged up for our drive back to Edmonton ... none of which arrived as we ate along the way and finished it all.

Excellent Chinese food can be hard to find, especially in smaller northern towns. Not in High Level ... go to the Canton Restaurant on the main downtown strip and you will have an excellent meal served by friendly, knowledgeable staff who WILL remember your name!

Reviewed 4 July 2013

Great food for a place as small as High Level! Service was excellent and owner incredibly friendly. Did not have to wait long for our food, which was very good. Make sure to try the excellent won ton soup!

Reviewed 8 December 2012

I agree with everything Chris E said about the food and the service. I just want to add, that I have lived in High Level for a few years now...but it's not home. Having said that, the "owner lady in the front" is absolutely the friendliest, most pleasant person I've met since I've been here. She remembers us and our preferences no matter how long it's been. When I move from High Level, one thing I will miss, is the Canton Restaurant.

Reviewed 2 December 2012

This is one of my favourite restaurants in High Level. It is quite decent chinese food and is consistent. The owner lady in the front is very friendly and remembers me even when I'm not there for several months (I do contract work in the area). Portions are generous. Prices are on par to every other chinese place I've ate at. Recommended!