“Tasty”

Canton Chinese & Western Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 14 Restaurants in High Level
“Tasty”
Reviewed 11 June 2014 via mobile

Food really good as was service. Lunch buffet very reasonable and nice selection. Owner very helpful with questions about msg.

• Visited June 2014

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food, great service, friendly atmosphere”
Reviewed 29 March 2014

I came into High Level on business with a co-worker and we decided to stop for a late lunch at the Canton Restaurant. The service was prompt, efficient and intuitive. The hostess (Lana) noted I took sweetener instead of sugar & guessed (correctly) I was diabetic, so she put the Sweet & Sour sauce on the side for me. She could tell my co-worker was vegetarian by his order (he didn't mention it), so when he asked for egg rolls she kindly warned him they did contain pork. Big portions of hot & tasty food arrived at our table promptly. We had our fill and the rest was packaged up for our drive back to Edmonton ... none of which arrived as we ate along the way and finished it all.

Excellent Chinese food can be hard to find, especially in smaller northern towns. Not in High Level ... go to the Canton Restaurant on the main downtown strip and you will have an excellent meal served by friendly, knowledgeable staff who WILL remember your name!

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank ENGAJR
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food, great service, friendly atmosphere”
Reviewed 25 March 2014

• Visited March 2014
Yellowknife, Canada
“Friendly atmosphere, great food”
Reviewed 4 July 2013

Great food for a place as small as High Level! Service was excellent and owner incredibly friendly. Did not have to wait long for our food, which was very good. Make sure to try the excellent won ton soup!

Visited June 2013
High Level
“Highly Recommend!”
Reviewed 8 December 2012

I agree with everything Chris E said about the food and the service. I just want to add, that I have lived in High Level for a few years now...but it's not home. Having said that, the "owner lady in the front" is absolutely the friendliest, most pleasant person I've met since I've been here. She remembers us and our preferences no matter how long it's been. When I move from High Level, one thing I will miss, is the Canton Restaurant.

• Visited December 2012