“Gem of a restaurant in High Level”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Canton Chinese & Western Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 14 Restaurants in High Level
Reviewed 6 July 2014

I had read the reviews about this restaurant and how friendly the hostess is and they were not exaggerating. I ate there on business and she asked me my name the first night, and then greeted me by name on subsequent visits. The curry hot pot that I had there was so good that I had it two nights in a row - one of the best dishes that I've ever had. Service was prompt, the hostess was very helpful in deciding on dishes, the food arrived quickly and piping hot. Prices were very reasonable. I will definitely be eating at this restaurant the next time I am in High Level.

Reviewed 11 June 2014 via mobile

Food really good as was service. Lunch buffet very reasonable and nice selection. Owner very helpful with questions about msg.

Reviewed 29 March 2014

I came into High Level on business with a co-worker and we decided to stop for a late lunch at the Canton Restaurant. The service was prompt, efficient and intuitive. The hostess (Lana) noted I took sweetener instead of sugar & guessed (correctly) I was diabetic, so she put the Sweet & Sour sauce on the side for me. She could tell my co-worker was vegetarian by his order (he didn't mention it), so when he asked for egg rolls she kindly warned him they did contain pork. Big portions of hot & tasty food arrived at our table promptly. We had our fill and the rest was packaged up for our drive back to Edmonton ... none of which arrived as we ate along the way and finished it all.

Excellent Chinese food can be hard to find, especially in smaller northern towns. Not in High Level ... go to the Canton Restaurant on the main downtown strip and you will have an excellent meal served by friendly, knowledgeable staff who WILL remember your name!

1  Thank ENGAJR
Reviewed 25 March 2014

Reviewed 4 July 2013

Great food for a place as small as High Level! Service was excellent and owner incredibly friendly. Did not have to wait long for our food, which was very good. Make sure to try the excellent won ton soup!