“not great, but...”

Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Pincher Creek
Cincinnati, Ohio
“not great, but...”
Reviewed 15 July 2014

On our way to waterton np, we stayed at the foothills motel. What can we say? I really can't say it's great, because it isn't. It isn't bad either, they have wifi that works, a great tv, and the owners are very friendly. The downside was that the hot water in the shower soon ran out. Conclusion is that it is a good place to stay, if you're standards are not too high.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank skydriver332

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Great Falls, Montana
Reviewed 14 June 2014

This is not the place for those who want the big name motel, but if you want a clean, quite room at a great price, you will like this place.
Foothills Motel is an older facility, but unlike the other motels in the area, this one is clean and well maintained. My room was normal in size, had a large picture wndow that had a view of the trees that deadened the noise from a nearby highway.
When I stayed (June 12, 2014), the rooms were being remodeled. The crew installing the tile was working in the next room, and I was not able to hear them (old construction does have it's advantages!).
The room was clean and everything worked except the internet. The signal was there, I think it might have been a compatibility issue with my Mac.
My total cost for 1 night, 1 person was about $70US.
The motel is in the middle of an industrial area, but you hardly notice. It's not far, within walking distance, to local resaurants and downtown. If you do need high speed internet, the local library has open wifi you can use while enjoying the shade at an outdoor table.

Room Tip: I was in room 138, part of a one story strip of rooms across from the office. I enjoyed the picture...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Darryl F
Reviewed 31 August 2012 via mobile

The hotel is an ideal place to stay when you are traveling from location to location. The owners are very helpful and nice. They have free wifi that actually works pretty good. The rooms are simple but clean and very comfortable. They also have laundryservice wich is not too expensive and well taken care off.

Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Natiemullie
Alberta
Reviewed 20 August 2012

We ended up staying at this motel on an overnight trip to Waterton park, solely on the fact that it was the only available room left in the area. Thankfully, it turned out to be very clean and comfortable. It had the typical motel "decor" consisting of concrete walls, tacky linens, beige bathroom, ugly carpet, so wasn't much to look at but at the same time it was obviously well kept, and extremely clean. The owners are taking very good care of it. We found the beds to be comfortable and plenty of hot water in the shower, so overall, pretty good value. Take note that you have to pay upon check in (even if you confirmed your reso with a credit card on a online booking site) and they don't accept credit card payments - cash or debit only. Free wifi was nice

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank chartravel
Blenheim, New Zealand
Reviewed 8 August 2012 via mobile

My riding friends and I spent one night at the Foothills Hotel in Pincher Creek. We found the owners to be extremely helpful and friendly. The rooms were clean and offered two queen sized beds. The hotel is conveniently located near Waterton Lakes National park and considering the price offered good value for an overnight stay. The rooms offered cooking facilities although we did not use them.

Stayed August 2012
3 Thank maac05
Banff, Alberta
Reviewed 21 July 2012 via mobile

I stayed at this motel for work for a total of 8 nights on two separate trips. My field partners and I were all happy with the cleanliness of the rooms (we had 4 rooms) and the friendliness of the motel owners. There is no smoking allowed, rooms do nothave a bad smell and all rooms are equipped with mini-fridges. Some rooms have kitchenettes facilities. The rooms are soundproof and unless your window is open, you won't hear road noise. We had access to a fax in the morning and the owner was always going out of her way to accommodate our needs. The motel is also within walking distance to a few restaurants. Before coming to this motel I had visited similar types of motel in the neighborhood and this was definitely the best and I'm happy with my choice. Will be back when my spouse and I go skiing at Castle resort. Unlike another review, our beds were all comfy, but don't expect the Ritz, this is an old style motel.

Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank MPR1967
Reviewed 23 October 2011

We were late when booking the hotel in waterton(even in October). So we made a compromise and chose this motel. For the price($65/night), we didn't expect much. It is much better than we thought. Clean&warm place, no smell at all, free wifi, microwave, and refrigerator, Clean washroom, and easy to find. More importantly, it's only half-hour driving to waterton. Definitely a good place for this price.

• Stayed October 2011