“Decent place to stay”

Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Pincher Creek
Beverly, Massachusetts
“Decent place to stay”
Reviewed 31 July 2013

I stayed at the Heritage Inn on a one night stopover on the way to Banff. The outside of the hotel makes it look like much less than what it really is. When I arrived, they had no record of my reservation (which I made through their website). It took about a half hour before the woman working was able to get me into a room. She finally found a print-out of my reservation, but it was not in the computer. I think she ended up making me a new reservation. The room itself was nice, but the wifi was uncooperative. It required a password, and though my laptop would connect with the network, it would not access the internet. It could have been a problem with my computer or their network, but it made for a frustrating night. The complimentary breakfast buffet was not at all up to my expectations. There were 4 choices, and the french toast required a knife to cut through. Overall, if you're looking for a quick place to stop for the night, it does the job, but there are probably other options available in the area.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank lirwin13
HeritageInn_11, General Manager at Heritage Inn in Pincher Creek, responded to this review, 21 August 2013
Dear Guest,

I appreciate you taking a moment to post your experience on your stay with us and for allowing me the opportunity to address and respond to your concerns. I was glad to see that you rated your sleep, room quality and our cleanliness high, however I was distressed to read of your other issues.
I would like to apologize for the way your reservation error was handled and especially for the length of time it took to provide your room. I have done a direct follow up with front desk staff and reviewed procedures to ensure this does not happen again.
Our Internet provider was called in immediately to review the lag in Internet connection. The issue has been fixed and I apologize for the frustration this may have caused.
Our complimentary breakfast has been consistently a positive addition to our summer specials and I am sorry that your meal was not satisfactory. I have reminded our staff of the importance of always following up with customers so that any issues can be addressed immediately. We strive to offer a delicious and satisfying meal to all our patrons and I hope that we may have a chance to serve you again.
Should you be in the area on any future trips, please do not hesitate to contact me so that I may personally ensure your stay is in comfort.

Heritage Inn Hotel & Convention Centre – Pincher Creek

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Medicine Hat, Canada
Reviewed 30 July 2013

I stayed at the Heritage Inn in Pincher Creek, AB on July 27th, 2013. The room I had in the newer section was definitely a 5 star room. (Room #142). It had 3 queen size beds with 10 foot ceilings. Was a very large and spacious room with two separate bathroom sinks and plug ins for those with multiple women. I was there with my 2 kids so we each had our own bed. I actually got some sleep. As this was the newer section it was very clean and recently renovated. The downfall was internet reception was poor, and it could have used some towel bars to hang your towels. Other rooms weren't quite so spacious so I am only speaking for room 142.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

I was very glad to read that you enjoyed your stay in one of our Elite rooms. The room you stayed in is specifically designed for families however all our rooms, whether they are in the Elite section or in our standard section receive the same attention to cleanliness and comfort. I truly appreciate your positive comments towards this and will be sharing this with my staff.
Thank you for your feedback regarding the internet. I am sorry for your inconvenience and the problem has been reported to our provider and repaired.
Once again thank you for taking the time to comment and we hope to have you and your family back as our guests in the future.

Regards,

Heritage Inn Hotel & Convention Centre – Pincher Creek
Prince George, Canada
Reviewed 25 July 2013

I am staying here on an extended work term and am extremely happy with the quality of service and standard of accommodation. I spend 4 months straight in all parts of Alberta living in hotels and the Heritage Inn is one of the best. It is well run; quiet; responsive to input or concerns; has very nice updated rooms; good food options; laundry; lounge; gym and pool; friendly staff; and is located within walking distance to the idylic and charming downtown area. Pincher Creek is a gem of a town worthy of a Norman Rockwell painting and the citizens are friendly and welcoming.

As for slow internet, I think this is an issue for most hotels I stay at due to the plethora of devices that tax the wireless routers. Tip: plug in to the conveniently located ethernet receptacle if able - all of the guys in my group did this and it fixed the problem. Also, the room I stay in has a very quiet and efficient AC unit that utilizes a wall thermostat programmable to as low as 10 degrees celcius. I like a cold room and most hotels either have an on/off system or don't allow programming of temperature below 17 or 18 degrees - this is an added bonus for me.

After 3 months in mostly central and northern Alberta hotels where oil and gas crews are king, it has been a true pleasure to enjoy the personal service I am experiencing at the Heritage Inn.

Room Tip: The new section is more desirable and worth the extra cost.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
HeritageInn_11, General Manager at Heritage Inn in Pincher Creek, responded to this review, 8 August 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay and for your very kind
remarks. It is nice to know that when we are compared to other hotels, by
someone who spends a great deal of time in them; we compare very positively
in all aspects. We all make a strong effort to ensure each guest feels they
are important to us, because they are. Our guests are why we do what we do
and it is comments like yours that make it all worthwhile.

I appreciate your notes regarding the internet. We have done several
upgrades and whenever another issue comes to light, we address it immediately. With almost everyone carrying one or several devices that require internet these days, there must be constant improvements to facilitate their usage.

I am glad that your overall stay met your expectations. I will be sharing
your positive comments with the staff.

Again thank you for taking the time to post your comments and we truly look
forward to have you and your group back as our guests in the future.

Heritage Inn Hotel & Convention Centre
Marshfield, Missouri
Reviewed 25 July 2013

We stayed in the new wing & it was very nice. The price was reasonable $141, which included breakfast. We had been driving for a few hours & it was past 9 pm, so we were thankful to get a reasonable, nice room. The gal that checked us in was very helpful.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
HeritageInn_11, General Manager at Heritage Inn in Pincher Creek, responded to this review, 28 July 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review on your most recent stay with us. I was very pleased to hear your positive comments about your room and the service you received and have shared your compliments with my staff. I was also happy to see that you enjoyed the value of our Juicy Summer Special. This rate includes a delicious hot breakfast and has been very popular.

Thank you again for taking the time to comment on your stay. We truly look forward to have you back as our guest the next time you visit Pincher Creek.

bc
Reviewed 19 July 2013 via mobile

Our room was in the new wing top floor, north side. New, soulless, but clean, comfy enough and everything worked including kitchenette. No complaints. Breakfast next day was included in the price and was your usual good eggs bacon home fries and toast/coffee. Compared to other motels we inspected across the road this was far better. Our cost was $141 plus some tax. Not cheap but we thought okay for tourist season.

• Stayed June 2013
HeritageInn_11, General Manager at Heritage Inn in Pincher Creek, responded to this review, 25 July 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I was glad to see that you were pleased with your complimentary breakfast. Many of our guests have enjoyed this great start to a full day here in Pincher Creek.

Our newer section, housing the “Elite” rooms, offers contemporary décor including very comfortable beds. I am glad that you enjoyed your choice and that you found the value and comfort in what we have to offer.

Once again, I want to thank you for your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back on your future visits to our area.

Gtown, OR
Reviewed 18 July 2013

This past week we stayed in this Inn. While the room was clean and the bed comfortable, the AC was so loud it hurt your ears to even run it. The "high speed internet" was anything but. We requested assistance from the front desk but nobody every showed up. The dining room had an adequate salad bar, but the meal was nasty. There was no free breakfast and what we paid for was horrible. From reading other reviews, apparently we were in the older part of the Inn and people had not stayed in a really nice place to compare it to. We are seasoned travelers so I know nice when you have it. We were with a group and did not make the reservations for this place. However, noone in the group was pleased. I doubt any of they will return. :-(

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Guest,

All guest reviews are appreciated and I would like to thank you for taking the time to post your comments. I was very distressed to read that you were not satisfied with your stay.
Your room was booked as part of a group block and as requested your discounted rate was for our standard room excluding breakfast. These rooms have recently been upgraded with new beds and linens and I am glad to see that you found your bed comfortable.
I have investigated the noisy air conditioner and have not been able to detect any noise issue. These units are made to be quiet and I am going to keep a watch on it to ensure that there are no future problems.
Your problem with the internet was addressed immediately as we tried to reset the system in our main control room. Once we contacted Shaw (our provider) they reported the system was down and they were repairing. I apologize that no one reported this back to you. I have reviewed this with my staff to ensure proper guest communication.
It is the intention of my staff and I to provide a comfortable and relaxing stay to all our guests and I am sorry that you were not pleased.
Should you find yourself again in our area, I would appreciate another opportunity to show you the high quality of service that will make a new positive entry in your travel log.

Lake Charles, Louisiana
Reviewed 13 July 2013 via mobile

The new wing of hotel was a pleasant surprise! We were just plane tired from driving over 400 miles in the Rockies. We did not have reservations and feel very fortunate to get a room at all. The rooms were tastefully done and a value for being so close to Waterton Park. The only draw back was the gravel parking in the rear was not well lit.

• Stayed July 2013
HeritageInn_11, General Manager at Heritage Inn in Pincher Creek, responded to this review, 20 July 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments during your most recent stay with us. I was pleased to see your comments about the quality of your room in the newer wing of the hotel. Our staff work hard to provide a clean and comfortable room and I have shared your comments with them. Also, thank you for your note regarding lighting in the back parking lot. I am checking to ensure it is all working correctly and if required, we will add additional lighting for better security.

Once again, thank you for your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back on a future visit to our area.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Pincher Creek
#4 of 8 in Pincher Creek
Parkway Motel
Parkway Motel
#8 of 8 in Pincher Creek

Been to Heritage Inn in Pincher Creek? Share your experiences!