“Great staff”

Heritage Inn Hotel & Convention Centre
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Pincher Creek
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Booked online a basic room. When we arrived we were told there was a problem with that room so they upgraded us. When we got to that room there was a problem with the bathroom, so they upgraded us to their executive suite all for the same price.

Excellent staff, great room, good pool!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Iircper
HeritageInn_11, General Manager at Heritage Inn Hotel & Convention Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review with others and for the excellent comment regarding the staff, the room and the pool. I would like to apologize for the inconvenience of your multiple room moves but I am very happy you were ultimately pleased. We do have great staff here and they strive very hard to make sure all of our guests are happy with their stay. I will be sure to share your comments with them.
We hope to have you back as our guest the next time you travel to Pincher Creek.

Pincher Creek Heritage Inn & Convention Centre

There are newer reviews for Heritage Inn Hotel & Convention Centre

Reviewed 30 March 2014

We had an Ultra Deluxe room at the Heritage Inn, Pincher Creek and it was brand new with lots of space. After 2 long and fantastic days skiing at Castle Mountain, the ultra comfy beds and awesome hot tub at the hotel were exactly what we needed to rest our muscles and re-coup for another great day at the hill. The staff at the hotel were so friendly and welcoming and the restaurant brunch was delicious. My friend and I both plan to return to Castle skiing next year with our families and would love to stay at the Heritage Inn again.

Room Tip: The newer part of the hotel is very nice. the price difference doesn't seem to be much and I thi...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Mommaoftwins
HeritageInn_11, General Manager at Heritage Inn Hotel & Convention Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your comments and providing such positive remarks about the quality of the hotel and services your received. I am very happy you enjoyed your stay with us and that you will be back to stay with us on your next visit to the Pincher Creek area. It is very gratifying for me to see that the service levels in all areas, the comfort of your room, the food you experienced in Seasons Café & Eatery and the use of the pool area were all very positive. I will be sure to share your comments with all the Staff.

We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you visit and sincerely, thank you again for sharing your experience.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 9 March 2014

stayed while skiing with friends. great lounge hot tub and staff. room was comfortable. stayed in older part. room was good bed was fantastic. had all you can eat pasta, excellent. free breakfast was off menu and good. ski hill not far, would stay again if going to castle

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank mork o
HeritageInn_11, General Manager at Heritage Inn Hotel & Convention Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2014

Dear Guest,

I am so happy that you enjoyed your time with us and sincerely thank you for taking the time to make mention of all the positive points you experienced. The staff is very proud of their work and it shows in their smiles, friendliness and attitude. They genuinely love their work. Our lounge and cafe have great food such as the Pasta Bar, and other delicious specials to please our guests. We also now have Centre Ice in our lounge for anyone who enjoys watching a good hockey game.

Our pool and hot tub are warm and relaxing. Many of our guests find this a nice way to end their day, especially after spending it outside on the ski slopes.
I am also very pleased to see you enjoyed your sleep on our new mattresses. We recently upgraded the rooms in the standard division of the hotel with pillow top mattresses and new flat screen TV’s. Other improvements are scheduled and will continue on a regular basis.

Again I thank you for your comments, and I do hope you and your friends come again soon.

Reviewed 13 January 2014

One of the best hotels we have ever stayed at!!! Excellent service, clean lovely hotel, great pool and hot tub.

Just everything was great and they did the little things above and beyond that you dont have to do to make us more comfortable and more welcome there.

Room Tip: The newer area is a bit nicer and spacious, but the older area is great too, our frinds stayed there...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Diane L
HeritageInn_11, General Manager at Heritage Inn Hotel & Convention Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your experience with us. There were smiles all around as I shared your review with the Staff. We are honored to be “one of the best hotels” you have ever stayed at. We try very hard to ensure our guests feel at home and appreciate that you took notice and have chosen to share this with others. We have recently upgraded items in the original rooms division of the hotel and will continue to do so. This helps to ensure that whether our customers choose the new section or the original section, they will be comfortable and pleased.
It would be our pleasure to accommodate you once again on your next stay to the Pincher Creek area.

Pincher Creek Heritage Inn Hotel & Convention Centre

Reviewed 30 December 2013

Originally tried booking at one of the bigger chain hotels in area but decided on the Heritage for $30 a night less and we couldn't be happier with the decision. Room was very spacious, beds were very comfortable and the kids had a blast in the pool and hot tub. Staff was very friendly and accommodating. 25 minutes from Castle Mountain ski hill made it a pretty good weekend all the way around.

Room Tip: Our room was located in the newer wing of the hotel. Great ski and stay deals
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
HeritageInn_11, General Manager at Heritage Inn Hotel & Convention Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to submit your comments on Trip Advisor and thank you for the positive review you gave the hotel. I was delighted to read that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us and that the services and products you received were to your liking. . I will be sharing your comments with the Staff. They all work very hard and will appreciate hearing their extra efforts were recognized.

It was also great to read that you enjoyed the skiing. The Pincher Creek area has so much to offer throughout the year and our hotel offers easy access to it all. We hope to see you and your family back again soon.

Reviewed 26 October 2013

I spent one night in this hotel when 9 hours worth of driving finally caught up with me and Pincher Creek was the closest larger town. I chose the Heritage Inn based on Tripadvisor reviews and because it was a little cheaper than the Ramada.. I knew going into the parking lot that this was a hotel catering to oil and gas field service crews by the large number of company trucks on display. Normally this doesn't bother me as crews during the week work long hours and tend to crash early. However, when checking in, once the desk clerk realized I wasn't on a corporate account both interest and efficiency vanished. The young lady in question spent most of her time greeting crew members arriving or departing and obviously wanted me out of the way quickly so she could check in a couple of crews just arriving, who she greeted by name and were obviously regulars.

I was given a "non-smoking room" on the first floor, which was a joke. The hallway had a mushroom cloud of smoke in it and the room itself was also contaminated (albeit not so badly). As I am quite sensitive to smoke, this resulted in plugged sinuses and a sore throat for the rest of the night. As the clerk informed me that the hotel was quite busy and as I was tired, I put up with it rather than demanding a new room, which was probably a mistake on my part.

The room itself was adequate, with relatively bland, slightly dated furnishings and an older, tube-style "flat screen" TV. The bed was comfortable and the room quiet. Check-out was efficient and friendly (the day staff are much more engaged). The free breakfast was drawn from a very small menu in the attached restaurant, and the conditions are rigorously enforced (when they say free coffee, they mean coffee. Ask for an OJ and you pay $3).

Overall, this hotel merits an "average" rating. Its' bread and butter are obviously service crews and it shows. For a few more $ one can get much more at the newer Ramada just off the highway (I've stayed there before too). However, if you are a smoker, this is the hotel for you. If you're allergic or toxic to cigarette smoke, avoid this place like the plague!

Room Tip: Avoid the first floor, where I gather the smoker's rooms are located!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank altacouple
HeritageInn_11, General Manager at Heritage Inn Hotel & Convention Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2013

Dear Guest,

I was distressed to read your review and would like to apologize for your discomfort and dissatisfaction with your stay. I appreciate you taking the time to note your impression and for allowing me the opportunity to respond. I would also like to assure you that your experience is not commonplace and I have addressed each of your complaints directly.
It is true that this area is busy and we see many crews come to our property, but we welcome and appreciate each and every guest whether they are on business or a pleasure trip. I have addressed your comments with the front desk staff to ensure a proper check in is in place no matter the time of day.
I have also investigated the smell of smoke you reported and am sorry that the inconsideration of others caused you discomfort. We try very hard to ensure there is no smoking on your floor and are considering abolishing all smoking rooms within the hotel in the coming months. Comments such are yours help us to consider the pros and cons of this decision.

I would appreciate the opportunity to make a favorable impression on your next visit to the area and invite you to inform me the next time you are in town.

Heritage Inn Hotel & Convention Centre

Reviewed 18 September 2013

Little mix-up on check in but quickly corrected. The newer wing is worth the price. I agree with one reviewer, the bathroom is a little on the darker side. End of the hall was very quiet, we were on floor 3. Somebody who was on floor two mentioned they could hear someone clomping around above them. The meals were included as a conference and nobody had any complaints, staff were always cheerful, friendly and accommodating to picky eaters.

Room Tip: New wing top floor end of hall.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank GdnNewal
HeritageInn_11, General Manager at Heritage Inn Hotel & Convention Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2013

Dear Guest,

Guest reviews are always welcome and I appreciate you taking the time to post yours. I was so pleased to see your top ratings in all the categories. Your comfort is our top priority and it was great to see that you enjoyed your stay in our new wing. I also appreciate your mention of the bathroom lighting and this is being addressed.
It was also nice to read that you found the food and staff in our restaurant to your liking and I will be passing your compliments along to everyone.
Thank you for choosing the Heritage Inn and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Pincher Creek
#8 of 8 in Pincher Creek
Foothills Motel
Foothills Motel
#4 of 8 in Pincher Creek

Been to Heritage Inn Hotel & Convention Centre? Share your experiences!