“Fulfilled our Needs”
Review of Parkway Motel

Parkway Motel
Ranked #8 of 8 Hotels in Pincher Creek
Reviewed 22 July 2011

We arrived July 4, Independence Day, in Pincher Creek few Miles away from the US with no reservation and looking for a place to stay for a Night to enjoy Waterton Lake National Park

- Parkway Motel was our first choice after reading recommendations here.

• Easy to find on the Highway 6, well located with less than 45 mn drive from Waterton

* At my request , we were shown by 2 friendly staff 3 different types of rooms including the superb Honeymoon Room ...
which was not ready yet but they could have cleaned it within 20mn if needed ...

• We decided to go for the cheapest at $75 ( net ) with kitchenette
Clean , Functional , Spacious enough for 2
Wifi was weak that day as told by the reception , but rooms come with LAN Cable that worked perfectly.

• Night traffic not being at all an Issue ...
• Wall Mart Supermarket less than 5mn drive way with a nice Pub / Restaurant next Door ....
• Waterton Lake National Park ONE day pass being valid until 4 pm the following day

We ended up staying 3 full nights at Parkway Motel with a 4 Full days visit at Waterton Park .. ( using cleverly 2 days pass buying them every other day )

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank 05toes

Reviewed 30 June 2011

We are picky people in our thirties vacationing from Toronto. Cleanliness, functionality, value is what we look for when evaluating where we are going to stay. We checked out three different types of rooms at this motel. One which is typical motel style where you park right outside the door, and the other two rooms were setup such that there is a hallway separating the parking lot and the rooms themselves, so as to create a buffer for road noise I guess. So, we decided to go with the honeymoon suit which was 119 including taxes. When we first walked in the room we couldn't believe that this room was in a motel. We would expect to see it in a hotel. It had a jacuzzi, king bed with four large corner columns, plasma tv, and other things you'd expect. The room was huge!!!! So, it was awesome, pleasant, and quiet. We chose that room because we wanted to treat ourselves as well as have a room that had a hallway separating it from the parking lot. We were impressed with all three rooms we saw, as the two lesser rooms had kitchenettes etc. The honeymoon suite didn't but we didn't need it that night. So our preference is for the two rooms that were separated with a hallway, and out of those two the one we would do again for sure would be the honeymoon suite. You won't go wrong with any of three we saw, as this motel has done their homework. Hope that helps!!

• Stayed: June 2011
4  Thank Yobeekster
Reviewed 5 May 2011

I stayed at the Parkway for 5 nights as I had business in the area with some co-workers. What a great experience we all had at the motel! I had nothing but great service from the staff and I must say that the hotel really delivered.

Pros:
- Nice location
- Great rooms and amenities, quite big
- Very comfortable beds
- Excellent views
- Very nice staff and was always available to us.

If you are looking for a nice motel in the Pincher Creek area I can only recommend this one.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank AccountantCA
Reviewed 27 September 2010

we decided to book the honeymoon suite on our way through Pincher Creek. I have to admit I wasn't sure what to expect, but it was beautiful! The room was very clean and well decorated. The lady at the front desk was very nice and helpful with recommending where to eat in town ect. I would recommend staying at the parkway to anyone.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank rzasgal
Reviewed 23 July 2009

We booked a room online with a request for a late check-in because we were traveling from Saskatchewan. We arrived at the motel at 10:30pm to find the office closed. There was an after hour door bell so we proceeded to ring the bell and bang on the door for 15 minutes. No one ever came to help us - we did see the bedroom light over the office come on when we started ringing and then went off 5 minutes later as we continued to ring. We eventually got the hint and left -finding ourselves a great room at the Ramada.

Here is where things get strange:
I sent an email to the owners that same night explaining that no one came to the door and we would appreciate they don't charge our credit card for a "no show".

The owner decides to send me the rudest email I have ever received- telling me the office closes at 10:00pm and if they waited up for everyone that arrives later then that he and his wife would never get any sleep. I was informed that I never rang any doorbell and that my family and I "got what you got" for our inappropriate action of showing up after he had decided to go to bed. I have never been treated so poorly by someone I was about to hand my hard earned money over too.

There is nothing special about the looks of this motel from all the others around it. This town has plenty of hotels and motels - some trusted world-wide chains in fact. We saved money staying at the big chain hotel because they gave us a free out of this world continental breakfast and besides that my 3 kids were thrilled with the pool and waterslide facilities.

I will never again trust a "mom and pop" motel that writes their own rules as the day goes on. We could have ended up stranded with three kids over this couple that considers 10:30pm too late to check in.

You take your chances with this motel - they have no regard for customer service and go out of their way to be rude.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with family
5  Thank highlander2009
Reviewed 15 July 2009

Chose this motel on the basis of price - it was much cheaper than staying in Waterton or the big name places in Pincher Creek. Definitely an older-style motel, probably built in the 40s or 50s, but reasonably kept up. Had kitchenette we didn't need, no breakfast, bed was a lot more comfortable than it looked. blanket had holes in it. Water was hot (like it could scald you if not careful). Staff was friendly and helpful, interesting to talk to. It wasn't awful, but I'd look around a bit more before I stayed here again.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 July 2008

Stayed at this motel while visiting Waterton Provincial Park. We had not prebooked any accomodation in this area and having tried numerous hotels/ motels without luck we were relieved to finally find any place to stay at all.
The Parkway is a standard motel but very clean and has very pleasant staff . We were happy with the 2 bedroom apartment . It had everythingwe needed . The Kitchen was quite well equipped and there was a living room with cable t.v and a cosy sofa.
The only critism I can make is that we found the air conditioner noisy . Pincher Creek is a nice little town , has a Sobeys Supermarket and several restaurants around Main Street. It is a pleasant half hour drive to Waterton Provincial Park with nice scenery along the way and we are glad we stayed here.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with family