“My 150 nights with my family”

Clarion Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #9 of 9 Hotels in Sherwood Park
Reviewed 28 August 2012

I visit this hotel almost every weekend with my family, and this Saturday I finished my 150 nights. A big thank you to staff and the manager for always making our stay wonderful. Kids enjoy Millennium Place, an amazing rec center attached to the hotel.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank gery301
There are newer reviews for Clarion Hotel & Conference Center

Reviewed 24 August 2012

I stayed at the hotel for 2 nights and everything was wonderful. The service was excellent and everything was very well organized. The lobby was huge and smelt very good. The food was delicious and I admired the white glove service it gave the hotel a classy look.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank dolly s
Reviewed 23 August 2012

I recently had my wedding at the Coast and I would like to say that they had the best service I've experienced in a long time. Their staff and food were both impeccable. All the details I had requested were carried out flawlessly. From a price point, they are very reasonable and cater to every need. I would definitely recommend them to all brides!

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed 5 August 2012

the Morin wedding on aug .4.....80 F no AC ..was like a pig pen...no fans until later... beer was pisshot at 6pm...omg close the doors...or get an organiser...
Peter & Helen should ask for a BIG discount..and your beef was tuff...
the DJ gave us a good time!!ooh I forgot we got the wine after the meal..wow!!

Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank ginette2010
Reviewed 2 August 2012

First, the good news. This is a very well-managed hotel. The front desk staff are amazing, friendly, organized, on top of every detail - every time we brought an issue to their attention, they followed-up and resolved the issue. We were there for a large badminton tournament. The first day at breakfast they were not prepared for the large crowd, but by the second day they had extra staff and supplies available, so things went smoothly. So the place has a great team, I was impressed.

Unfortunately, there is only so much that staff can do to make up for a lack of capital expenditures. Everywhere you look in the hotel (behind the front desk, beside the elevators, the ceiling of the walkway to the Millennium Centre,) there is either a renovation project started, or that needs to be started. One of the two elevators was out of order the entire time we were there, leading to long waits.

The same can be said of the rooms. Our room was tired and had a musty smell, probably because the carpets are too old. Our cooling system broke twice during our five-day visit, and we were not the only ones with this problem.

The staff was great – their repair person showed up promptly and the cleaning crew tried (in vain) to remove the musty smell. But there’s only so much they can do. This hotel is tired and needs a major renovation.

We walked through the newly constructed Best Western hotel nearby. Everything is beautiful, and my sense is that it doesn’t cost a lot more. So if you want to stay in Sherwood Park, I would suggest you try the Best Western.

Room Tip: Perhaps ask for a room that has been renovated.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 July 2012

Similar to the other recent postings this hotel is more than adequate for the cost but it does show some wear and tear. My family and I were there for an athletic event at the Millenium Place and the fact that the hotel was connected by an indoor walkway was definitely a big plus. There are many restaurants close by and the restaurant in the hotel, Mikes, was fine for breakfast, lunch or dinner.The weather was warm when we were there and like others in our group, we were not well served by the air conditioning unit in the room. I did not check out the exercise room in the restaurant but the Fitness Facility in the Millenium Place, which is open to all for $8.25 a day, is outstanding.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 July 2012

Per the ratings, I expected this hotel to be in better shape. They are doing a lot of remodeling and a sneak peak at those rooms tells me that they will be better than the current wing in use. The lobby was modern but my room felt a bit outdated and had a stale odor. The exercise room had a few pieces of very old equipment and even had a sign on the wall (not the entry door) stating "Out of order." The hotel is connected to a large hockey/exercise facility but the hotel would not even compensate for their lack of equipment by providing a day pass. The breakfast room looked like an old lunch room and although not much variety, the food was ok. Lunch provided via the conference facilities was much better.
This hotel does have potential but there are several other newer hotels in the vicinity. I recommend waiting until Coast Edmonton is done remodeling to stay; you may have a better experience.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business