“Consistently a great place to stay”

Clarion Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #9 of 9 Hotels in Sherwood Park
Reviewed 22 August 2014

It has become my 1st choice when needing a hotel or meeting facility in Sherwood Park. Staff are genuinely happy so customer service just comes naturally. Impressed with cleanliness and you can see they are making constant improvements on the building and amenities (hotel was recently acquired by holiday inn, I stayed here once under previous brand - they're making upgrades).

Room Tip: I take lowest priced room online: usually 2 queen beds, small fridge & I still have room to put...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
ravip1979, Manager at Clarion Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2014

Hello Tara E.
And Thank you for you review of our hotel.

I am very pleased to hear that you've enjoyed your recent stay with us and have been doing so since our previous brand Coast East Edmonton. We here at the Holiday Inn Sherwood Park Conference Centre love to here feedback both good and bad so that we may improve the guests stay each and every time!

We hope to see you again soon and once again thank you.

Sidney Blandin,
Guest Servicers Supervisor

Reviewed 14 August 2014

Nice size room. OK bed, I like a little softer, but my Husband liked. Nice apt. Fridge. Temp was hard to adjust. Clean enough. Towels abit rough. Dark room. No Noise, but the hotel was not very busy. Walking distance to a pub style restaurant. GREAT FREE HOT Breakfast with LOTS of stuff to choose from. In room coffee (small basket) We ALWAYS bring our own little pot and our special roasted coffee. Worth the price, especially if you can get through hotwire

Room Tip: We ALWAYS ask for a top floor AWAY from the elevator and stairs
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Ravi P, Manager at Clarion Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2014

Dear Guest

We truly appreciate all your comments. We are glad to know that you have enjoyed stay with us.

We would like to welcome you back soon to our property.

Regards

Ravi Prakash
Rooms Division Manager

Reviewed 9 August 2014

Pros:
- quiet
- restaurats not too far / big boxes
- friendly front desk staff printed my document because their printer and computers in the lobby are pieces of junk

Cons:
My employer's travel center booked me and I regret I didnt specify which Holiday Inn I wanted. Next time I'll know.

- would rather book the HI Inn Express on Broordemoor drive for many reasons as all the following do not apply which are :

- here there's a deficient business center i.e. 3 computers full of viruses and very slow, that are connected to a printer that doesn't print . . . quite useful for business travellers . . .

- no breakfast inluded with the room, not cheaper (or not much) versus the HI Express

- no tea / coffee available in the lobby unlike the HI Express

- newspaper pile is hidden behind the front desk, so it felt I had to beg for a copy

- parking lot needs some cleanup / looks like a mess (mainly the one behind the hotel)

- didn't like the general feeling of emptyness from the grand lobby but it may be suitable for a wedding venue or something

Room Tip: Book at the other Holiday Inn Express instead, if you want to stay wth this chain
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
ravip1979, Manager at Clarion Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

Dear JohnnyCalgary,

I would like to thank you for staying with us here at the Holiday Inn Sherwood Park Conference Centre. It is very unfortunate to hear that you have not enjoyed your recent stay with us, and we would like the opportunity to give you the great stay you deserve every time. Once again thank you, and have a wonderful day.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

One night stay at this hotel to attend a wedding there.
Landscaping lacks attention and front entrance faded fake plants need to be replaced. Lobby of the hotel featured a grand staircase that was impressive which made us hopeful that this establishment was going to be well worth the price it was charging for the night.
However, although we appreciated the upgrade to a "king" room, the interior was disappointing. For the size of the room, furniture seemed sparse...could use a sofa or table perhaps?? Bathroom was in sad shape and in need of upgrading. Wallpaper was peeling and fixtures were corroded. Bed was comfortable enough and we did enjoy a good night's sleep.
Wifi included with your stay but no breakfast as there is a restaurant and lounge on premises.
Express checkout...no issues with hotel staff which were friendly and courteous.
Hotel is located next to Sherwood Park's sports centre which would be convienient if attending a sports event.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
ravip1979, Manager at Clarion Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Hello and thank you for your honest review of our hotel. We here at the Holiday Inn Sherwood Park Conference Centre take both good and bad feed back to the heart and your input of our hotel is greatly appreciated so we may improve the quality of your stay next time. I'm happy to here that you were impressed with our guest service and the comfort ability of the bed. We thank you once again and hope to see you very soon so we may give you the great stay that you deserve every time.

Reviewed 25 June 2014 via mobile

New holiday Inn property in town. The lobby was magnificent and it is rare to see this kind of hotel lobby nowadays. Very attentive front desk staff. Good clean room, comfortable bed.
The only negative was no complimentary breakfast. However the bistrou restaurant serves great breakfast at nominal price. We will come back again.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Hello and thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. We truly appreciate your positive comments about your recent stay with us and are looking forward to welcome you back at Holiday Inn Sherwood Park Conference Center soon so we may give you the great experience you deserve every time. Thank you again and have a wonderful day.

Reviewed 7 June 2014

We attended a wedding just outside of Sherwood Park and this was the hotel chosen for the wedding guests. The lobby is grand with the spiral staircase leading up to the mezzanaine level. The rooms are average and they didn't leave enough towels for the amount of people staying in the room (that is a pet peeve with me). There is no continental breakfast and surprisingly there is not hot tub in the pool area. Nothing spectacular here. The cleaning staff was very polite and friendly.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Vinu9, Manager at Clarion Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2014

Hello, We here at the Holiday Inn Sherwood Park and Conference Centre would like to thank you for choosing our hotel for your recent stay.

I understand that you were not satisfied with amount of towels provided in the room, and I can assure you that in the future for many guests in one room we will alert Housekeeping to place more amenities in the room. We thank you for your feedback of our hotel and hope to see you again in the future so we may provide you with the great service you deserve every time.

Reviewed 19 May 2014

We were at this hotel because of a dance competition. It was recommended our team stay at this hotel. We would have preferred one of the other, better options in the area, but our daughter wanted to be in the same hotel as her team mates. Understandable, but also regrettable. It was disappointing to realize we had cancelled a very nice, much cleaner/newer hotel at the same rate for this place. The lobby is lovely and well kept. Being attached to the millennium recreation facility is a nice feature, but people must realize it is not free access as the hotel will lead you to believe. The facility is linked by a pedway, but it is a separate entity with an entry fee. The rooms were extremely basic and in need of attention. Baseboard Tiles were falling off the wall, toenail clippings at the bedside, hair on the bed, feces on the toilet etc. I must say the staff were all very pleasant, helpful and friendly. However, I would take clean toilets over friendly. Several of the people in our group had to call for a plunger -- daily. Housekeeping did not even get to all the rooms. That is fine by me as long as I get clean towels because I make our own beds and keep our room tidy. Some of our friends were not pleased with the lack of room cleaning. The pool area is very basic, but the water was unbelievably cold. Gym area is satisfactory, but nothing to scream about. I was pleased that the room had a fridge, but it froze all my fruit and vegetables. I would highly recommend looking elsewhere to stay. There are many other places right by this hotel that are newer, cleaner, cheaper. If it had not been for our group, I would have avoided this place all together. Funny thing -- one of our friends received a 15% discount when checking out because of the condition of room and inconvenience of daily plunging. Had I known this was an option, I would have spoken up. I feel ripped off at the price I paid for this stay (BTW, they drop off the plunger for the guest to take care of the problem and the plunger is to be placed in a plastic bag and set outside the door. Honestly, 5 people in our group had to deal with this issue.)

Room Tip: Don't stay on floors above level 2 until they resolve their plumbing/sewer issues.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank bkjjk
Vinu9, Manager at Clarion Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

We would like to thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Sherwood Park Conference Centre for recent stay.

It is very unfortunate to hear that we were not able to meet all your expectation, referring to your comments I found out that there was confusion with regards to the Millennium Place charges, I would like to inform you that our property is connect with Millennium Place by pedway, however it is completely different entity and there is charges applicable to use the facility.

With regards to your room cleaning I have checked the housekeeping report and have noticed that the room was serviced, however I would have appreciated if we were informed about any kind of deficiency in making up your room.

Nevertheless I will request you to please contact me directly, so I can take the opportunity to discuss the challenges you have faced during your recent stay.

Regards