“A pleasant surprise!”

Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Sherwood Park
Edmonton, Canada
“A pleasant surprise!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2013

Had the opportunity to stay at this hotel while attending a wedding in Sherwood Park. Front desk was very professional and check in was a breeze. Charlotte and Coleen on the front desk couldn't have been more friendly and helpful.

Lobby looked fantastic! Loved the decor!

Got a renovated room and was very impressed. Everything was as expected, room was very clean, comfortable and quiet.

Continental breakfast was very good. Lots of variety for me and spouse. Once again staff was very friendly and kept the food refreshed.

Great location and close to everything. Would highly recomend.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Wainwright
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2013

We had an awesome time on our stay. The staff was amazing. Also very close to millennium place and Costco!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2013

I have stayed at this hotel on numerous occasions and have found the staff always friendly and helpful. The location is perfect for business in Edmonton, Sherwood Park and Fort Sask.

Always my go to place for stays in the Edmonton area.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Duncan, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2013

I booked online via expedia.ca to book my room for July 4-7th/13! I phoned the hotel long distance to get a confirmation number and to make sure my reservations booked, a week prior ! Upon phoning, I received this rude demeanor from the booking agent, working the dates upon arrival! For a minute, I thought I had called the wrong local number to the hotel! I never had this issue in particualar before with any hotel, none the less Ramada Limited (Sherwood Park)!..... I was told to call back, as they were busy checking guests in! I asked why, and that I was calling long distance, could I just get a confirmation number to check my reservation online!This was an idication to me, that perhaps they were" under staffed"! I was taken back by the rudeness of this particualar booking agent, and waited then phoned back 10min later, and again was rudely treated, via on the phone when asking for confirmation number, the booking agent said it didn't cost her to call me, I replied back well its costing me to call back long distance directly to your hotel, that if her" snooty" demeanor didn't change, that I should perhaps should cancel my reservation! I unfortunately went ahead, and gave them the benefit of the doubt! I did bring this up to customer service, then via email to the assistant manager, that responded back via email, to state that this was out of the ordinary for this particular booking agent to behave rudely ! When I arrived to book in, I unfortunately, had to deal with the same booking agent in person, of whom went out of her way, to talk down to me, the room itself on the main floor not too impressed !!!I did state upon checking in, that I hoped it would be fairly quiet! Not so! The room was hot, stuffy, and noisy with a dog barking in the hallway,well after 10p.m., with airconditioning that had to be repaired, and then again, talked down to via this booking agent with regard to the air conditioning in the room,once it was fixed! By the way, this person appearently has time to sit down and converse with staff members while not attending the front desk , while addressing guests by their first names and inquring as to guests where abouts coming and going! I did my best to avoid returning back,during the day, to not have to face border line intrusiveness for what the hotel assistant manager and manging partner deem this booking agent to be friendly?!!! " Are you kidding me"?!.......
The power goes out for 3hrs., the day I have lay a family member to rest, and attend to funeral details etc. Talk about stress trying to get ready! A given that it is not hotels fault the power goes out! However it just adds to what is already a" write off" in this establishment!......... I felt upon my arrival this booking agent,because I called her out on her less than professional demeanor on the phone, then according to the assistant manager ,she could do no wrong, definately wanted to make sure , my stay was less than satisfactory!.... Just to be clear here, this was not my first time, staying at the Ramada Limited(Sherwood Park) and had no other issues than this stay unfortunately this time around! If your looking for a hotel that does not appreciate and value their guests; this is the hotel to stay at!!!! I just recently emailed the" managing partner" of this establishment only to get a lengthy version of a personal incident of why this particular booking agent behaved so rudely towards me! I in return, explained my personal reason for unfortunately choosing a "Sub Standard" hotel that does not dissapoint in the area of excuses for the" lack of professionalism"! When I get told the booking agent had a serious personal incident occur, then they should have insisted this person take time off, to avoid any negativity towards their guests,( in particular myself). This hotel is a joke! "Seriously", there are other hotels close by,and for a few dollars extra, go there, unless you want to be treated rudely ,and be made to feel like you should leave this hotel!!!

Room Tip: Do not accept nor choose ground floor rooms! Very noisy , close tofront desk! Air conditioning units...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank jennifer s
ramadasp1, General Manager at Ramada Sherwood Park, responded to this review, 18 July 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your feedback. We take customer dissatisfaction very seriously, and it is unfortunate your experience at our hotel did not meet your expectations. We continually strive to provide exceptional customer service and we appreciate and value all of our guests, which we believe is reflected in the consistent above average reviews and in-house comments. But we also know there is always room for improvement, and our team will use this experience to further develop their customer service skills.
Karen Naylor
St Paul
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2013

Still The same as last time , Great place to stay but don't like being told how much to wright in this summry, If you thing you know how much to wright then you should wright the review.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business