“Superb service, excellent facility”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Sherwood Park
Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in Sherwood Park
Reviewed 17 August 2009

I have used this hotel for both business and pleasure for the past two years. The facilities are very good, the staff are the best I have encountered, and the service is exemplary.

The willingness to accommodate schedule changes (often on short notice) is very much appreciated.

Clean, consistent rooms and a top notch level of service lead to a positive experience.

I use this and other Holiday Inn facilities in my travels and have recommended them for use bo others in my company.

Reviewed 17 June 2009

The Sherwood Park Holiday Inn Express is the BEST hotel that I have ever stayed in. The people are friendly, provide excellent service and go overboard to make a persons stay enjoyable. The breakfasts are great, rooms are very clean.
It is always my first choice when I have to stay in Sherwood Park.

Reviewed 14 June 2009

I have stayed here numerous times and always Great Service, clean rooms and most Friendly, Hospitable people to make your stay one you always remember !!!

Reviewed 10 June 2009

I stayed at this hotel for about five weeks including certain weekends during the months of May and June 2009. I had to choose this hotel due to its location close to my work. Based on the feedback I was not sure this was the right hotel for me. I was pleasantly surprised and it turned out to be better than I expected.

The rooms are genernally clean and and in good repair. The beds are quite comfortable and washrooms were well equipped. My room included a bar fridge and a microwave. Some of my friends stayed in rooms without a microwave but were provided one on request. One thing I liked was the ample storage and sink that my room provided. This comes in quite handy when you are staying for a long time. The hotel also has ample free parking.

The room had wireless as well as wired internet connection. The internet speed however was very slow. Depending on which room you are in the wireless internet may not work. I had the frontdesk reset their router on a couple of occasions. This can be frustrating when you want to work from the hotel. Television was mostly limited to local channels. One thing missing which I found at most other hotels was a business channel like BNN or CNBC. I was unable to catchup on the business news for a couple of hours before I left for work. I was limited to the slow internet instead. The room had an airconditioner and heater which is quite handy because Edmonton can get cold on certain days even in summer. One problem was the light during the long days of summer. The dark curtains do not overlap enough to keep the light out. This can be a pain on a weekend when you want to sleep in.

The gym at the hotel is good enough for a quick workout, however the strong smell of the chlorine from the hot tub kept me away. I chose to use the Millenium Centre nearby instead, which is an excellent recreation centre. This can also be a problem on weekends because a number of youngsters and their parents taking part in various competitions stay at this hotel. This makes the hotel quite crowded and noisy. However weekdays are generally quiet.

The hotel provides free breakfast which is adequate. However after a while I was tired of eating the same eggs and sausage. Fortunately there is a good selection of baked goods, cereal, milk and yogurt. The sausage patties were very dry compared to the sausage rolls.

I was quite pleased with my stay overall. The staff were generally quite friendly and helpful.

Reviewed 10 June 2009

This establishment is a treat to go to for business or pleasure. It is very close to shopping centres and the staff are so very kinde and friendly.

Reviewed 9 June 2009

I am a regular guest at this hotel, i travel on business weekly. The staff is polite and helpful, i have never had a problem with any staff over the last three years. I have tried the competition in the area and ended up coming back here. The rooms are modern and always clean and the beds are very comfortable. Whenever i have had problems with noisy guests (which will happen at most hotels in this price range), the staff had either warned them or moved me. The location is close to main freeways, its very easy to get where you are going in good time, even in rush hour. If you don't have a car there are atleast 2 decent restuarants within walking distance. The breakfast bar is always clean and well stocked i just wish it would open earlier than 6:30, i am usually on the road by then. I have and do stay at other holiday inn express's, this one is above average.

Reviewed 19 October 2008

I have stayed in this Hotel only once, and that is not a great sample size I admit. And anyway, I am not a great fan of the Holiday Inns that are growing like mushrooms everywhere in Canada and USA. The main problem is that the Hotel is VERY understaffed. On my check-in the front desk lady was alone, and she was taking phone calls while checking me in. This was difficult to deal with, because I had a number of questions about my reservations, and as a consequence it took me almost 15 minutes to check-in. But the most surprising thing was, on my check-out two days later, the same girl seemed to be working as a Room Maid. I am not heavy on using my room when I travel, but I have to wonder how well they can support and clean the Hotel.

• Stayed: August 2008
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)