Motel 6 Stony Plain, AB
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewsdairy queenboston pizzatoastbagelsright next doora great stayone nightgreat valuecontinental breakfast istim hortonsroom was cleandqpetbedsdogstvedmonton
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 August 2012

Although this is an economy hotel, it was clean and decent and worth staying here.
The breakfast was respectable, plenty of food and a good variety of items. I like the bathrooms of the hotels I stay in to be clean, and this one was. Although I would have appreciated some shampoo and conditioner to be included.
We will for sure stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed 23 August 2012

Stayed at Motel 6 at the end of July 2012. The room was nice and clean, and the price was reasonable. If you're expecting to have amenities in your room you have to think again. Any amenities have to be asked for at the front desk: iron, iron board, shampoo etc, blow dryer. Not sure if this is due to theft or just that some people prefer their own brand of shampoo etc. First front desk clerk was not that helpful but other staff the next day were great. Basic continental breakfast. If you're looking for a basic, reasonable priced motel just outside of a big city, this might be one to look at.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 August 2012

My husband, my son and I stayed at this hotel for the August long weekend. The hotel is well maintained, but very basic in amenities, especially for the room rate. I have never stayed at a Motel 6 before so I was disappointed with the lack of amenities in the room. We were a family of 3 so the 2 double size beds seemed small. The TVs are old and placed high on the closet. I really missed not having an in-room coffee maker! There were no hair dryers, kleenex or shampoo/conditioner in the bathrooms (shampoo available from the front desk). We did welcome the mini-fridge though and the hotel did offer a continental breakfast from 6-10am.
My other complaint is, on one of the days, I returned to my room after housekeeping had been there to find my door was left adjar. I trust that hotel staff will keep my belongings safe and they should have checked to make sure my door was closed tight before moving onto the next room. I complained to the desk clerk, she apologized and said the housekeeper had a sore neck!! Huh? I don't think I will return to this hotel and I will think twice about reserving at any Motel 6 in the future.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 April 2012

......My wife and I arrived, no reservation, got a good room at a good price,,,, under $80...
Small, clean, spartan and quiet. Decent bed, no complaints bathroom.
The front desk was very helpfull and pleasant....... Good location, lots of eatery's near by, brand new car wash just behind.......
No breakfast, just coffee.....
Great for night!

Room Tip: Make your pitch..
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 March 2012

Staff was great and the rooms decent for the price but not impressed with the general manager. She was VERY rude to us and after driving through a snowstorm on the way there I was not impressed with how she spoke to us. After being told something when we booked the room and then her stating that she was the "general manger" and she makes the rules, there was no way we were told that! Very unnecessary and unprofessional. If it was an option we would of walked out and spent our money elsewhere. I feel bad for her staff if that's how she treats them because everyone else was very pleasant.
Overall a good stay, the manager just needs to get off her high horse and appreciate EVERYONES business.

Stayed: March 2012
2  Thank DLD86
btoker, General Manager at Motel 6 Stony Plain, AB, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2012

I would first like to apologize to this individual, I do not know of the exact incident that she/he is pretaining to, but under no circumstance should I have been rude, and will not make excuses. I can only say that I would like this person to contact the hotel so I could talk to them directly and try to make up for my rudeness.