“Keep driving”

Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Taber
“Keep driving”
Reviewed 21 September 2013 via mobile

Decided to try this place despite reviews. Myself and a coworker stayed here one night while working in the area. Should have kept going. My room smelled of vomit. My coworkers room was disgusting. There was mouse turds on his mattress when he pulled the sheets back, then he slid the mattress back and the amount of mouse turd was unbelievable. We went to the front desk and informed the clerk and he was asked if he wanted another room...uhm...yes. The next room had no mouse turds but there was a pair of dirty underwear on the floor from a previous guest. Apparenyly the cleaning staff doesn't do much of a job.
Gross. Keep driving.

• Stayed September 2013
HeritageInn_11, General Manager at Heritage Inn Hotel & Convention Centre, responded to this review, 8 October 2013
First and foremost I want to apologize for the state of your rooms. This is of great concern and I have thoroughly investigated these events. Pest control has been contacted and I have reviewed in detail with our housekeeping and front desk staff, all issues presented. This is certainly not the standards that we keep and once again, my sincere apology to you and your co-worker.
In the future if you are travelling through the area I would appreciate the opportunity to make this up to you.

Heritage Inn Hotel & Convention Centre

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Ottawa
Reviewed 29 July 2013

Stayed at the Heritage for 3 nights on a recent trip to Taber. Check in staff friendly and helpful. Rooms are in need of updating as it is showing its age. No elevators in this 2 storey structure making carrying large suitcases a struggle. WiFi signal very weak.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Bob8300
HeritageInn_11, General Manager at Heritage Inn Hotel & Convention Centre, responded to this review, 8 August 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Heritage Inn and for posting your review. I was pleased to read that your check in was in keeping with our policies and will be sharing your comments with my staff.
We know that the lack of elevator can be a challenge in some cases and the staff is always willing to help move clients in and out. Please ask and we will be more than willing to assist.
We are troubleshooting the wireless system and I am ensuring that all staff are aware of how to address any issues. We have recently added extra routers and have contacted our supplier to ensure all is working correctly. Thank you for bringing this to my attention.
In the last few years we have updated our restaurant and added new pillowtop beds to most of the rooms. We are continuing to upgrade and renovate to ensure customer comfort.
We hope to have you back as our guest the next time you are in the area.

Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 28 May 2013

This hotel is ok....clean and friendly. Complimentary breakfast is good, however we did find that the staff in the lounge both times we stayed here were non-exitstant. We went in there and could not see any staff, however the staff in The Tank were very good and the food was awesome. Front desk was friendly and fast. This hotel is quite old and it shows.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
HeritageInn_11, General Manager at Heritage Inn Hotel & Convention Centre, responded to this review, 4 June 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I always appreciate being able to tell my staff what they’ve done well, and also learning how we can improve.
The complimentary breakfast included in our summer special is a great value and I am glad that you had a chance to enjoy it. The Staff in Tank 77 will be pleased to know that you commented so highly of your experience with them. Thank you for that.
I apologize for the lack of service in the Lounge and I have spoken with the staff to remind them of the importance of assisting customers in a timely manner.
We are also committed to ongoing improvements to the guest rooms and common areas. I am currently upgrading to new pillow top mattresses for added comfort.

Once again thank you for taking the time to post your comments and I look forward to seeing you again.

Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 2 January 2013

The staff are friendly and helpful, but the whole place just needs some TLC -- both the lobby and the rooms. Nothing really horrible, its just seen better days! I will likely stay again, but I hope they do some updates by then!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
HeritageInn_11, General Manager at Heritage Inn Hotel & Convention Centre, responded to this review, 10 January 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us. I understand that renovations and upgrades are necessary for our guest comfort and I wanted to let you know that there is a plan in place. In August 2011, a major renovation of Seasons Cafe and Eatery was completed, bringing it up-to-date. I am currently reviewing a renovation checklist and schedule for the rooms division, as well as planning the update to our main lobby. I will be sure to pass your comments along to our Management Team.

At the Heritage Inn Hotel & Convention Centre we are committed to providing strong customer service. I will ensure your positive comments are shared with the staff and once again thank you for making mention of this.

I hope to have you back as our guest in the future.

Heritage Inn Hotel & Convention Centre - Taber
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 31 December 2012

Here's a disaster story for you. I was going to a family funeral and was taking my disabled senior father. So we booked two rooms; one wheelchair accessible for my father and one next to it for myself. We get booked in and I notice a sign warning of a $200 fee if we smoke in the room. Sounds good; should smell good. But distinct cigar smell in my room when I get there. Oh well, I'll ignore that; I'm there to help my father.

Dad's room is cold (it's winter) so we check the heater. It clicks, puts out a puff of natural gas and nothing. Does it over and over; starts smelling of natural gas. Tell the front desk about it and go for supper. Come back a couple of hours later and they had completely ignored our problem. So we complain again. They can't help us now -- it's too late. Sorry. It was a $10 thermocoupler; I knew that much.

So they get us another room that is wheelchair accessible (they have 3 and one was already booked). That one, the card lock for the door is completely dead -- nothing. They are convinced it's my problem and send me back over and over with different cards.

Can't go anywhere else; no other rooms in Taber with 36" doorways to get the wheelchair through.

Finally they get maintenance with master keys and get the door open. But there is no way anyone could get in again in the event of an emergency without that one set of master keys. By now it's closing in on midnight with a funeral the next day. What are we going to do? So he sleeps there, locked in his room. I have to get maintenance again the next morning to let me in so I can help him get ready. Oh, and did I mention the mattress in that room was shot as well? It was terrible; hard to climb out of the hole in the middle.

So we complain; what are you going to do about this? We get a free breakfast -- isn't that nice? Many hotels give you that anyway. Oh, and that free breakfast doesn't include the orange juice. Tell them what we think, so we get $13.00 off the price of the one room.

Anyone concerned about their reputation should have bent over backwards to apologize. We didn't even so much as get that from them.

So you decide -- want to stay there?

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
HeritageInn_11, General Manager at Heritage Inn Hotel & Convention Centre, responded to this review, 11 January 2013
Dear Guest,

I was very distressed to see your review posted. Prior to your departure, we had spoken to review your concerns and I thought we had come to an acceptable agreement.

It is our goal to provide a comfortable and pleasant stay for all our guests and I am very sorry that you and your father were not satisfied.

In response to your comments, may I once again offer a few notes: Our Front Desk Agent that checked you in was still fairly new in her employment and I do apologize that she did not follow up on your issues immediately that evening. I have reviewed proper procedure on situations such as these with her to ensure future prompt service. I want to assure you, once again, that the problems you encountered between the 2 rooms are not commonplace. The heating was inspected and is working correctly and any traces of cigar smoke were no longer apparent. The card reader error was unfortunate and since we had no other handicapped rooms to offer, we did our best to accommodate you. I fully understand that it was not the desired solution, but at the late hour, it was the only handicap accessible room that was available. The mattress in your father’s room is a new Simmons Beautyrest pillow top mattress and box spring and upon inspection appears to be in good condition, but is likely softer than he might be used to.

I take all customer feedback seriously and attempt to address these with respect and concern. I hope that should you find yourself in Taber again, you will choose to stay with us so that we may provide you with a pleasant stay and a positive experience.

Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 8 November 2012

I stayed at the Heritage Inn during a work trip and it was horrible. The room did not have a refridgerator, or a hair dryer. The hot water takes at least 10 minutes to warm up. And the wifi signal was too weak for me to use it in my room. I had to go to the lobby to send emails.
I found an ant in my bed, not to sure if there were any more.
One night at 11 pm, the housekeepers started vacuuming the hall way. When I called the front desk to ask if they could do it during the day the noise continued down the hall for 10 minutes.

The service i got from the employees was good, but this did not make up for the horribe ammenities and dirty/old room.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank LC22154914
HeritageInn_11, General Manager at Heritage Inn Hotel & Convention Centre, responded to this review, 19 November 2012
Dear Guest,

I appreciate you taking the time to share your comments. I do read them all and take them very seriously. We are always looking for ways to improve the service we provide.

I’m sorry your stay at our hotel wasn’t as it should have been. We do have several rooms with refrigerators and hair dryers, with more hair dryers available by request at the front desk. We recently upgraded the WiFi to improve coverage in all the rooms. I’m not sure if that was done before or after your stay, but I will be testing the WiFi coverage to make sure it’s all working correctly.
We have not had any other reports of ant problems but I will have the rooms reviewed to ensure everything is up to standard. I have also reviewed procedures with the night cleaning staff to ensure that all doors are closed off that connect to the guest room division so disturbances do not take place. My apologies that this was not dealt with properly and immediately when you had called the front desk.

I do hope you may reconsider staying with us, as I would like to show to you that our hotel standards are better than what you received. It would be my pleasure to provide you with a complimentary upgrade and ensure you have a clean and comfortable stay. Please contact me directly to book your next stay.

Heritage Inn Hotel and Convention Centre – Taber
Kamloops, Canada
Reviewed 5 September 2012

we stayed 2 days hotel was clean and quiet good location , restaurant was goodas well as prices 7.00 for bacon and eggs good plate full. Checkin and checkout were quick and staff very friendly yes I would recommend

Room Tip: we had first floor right by entrance to sauna thought it would be noisy but very quiet no pool but a...