“Montain Trek”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ainsworth Hot Springs
Mountain Trek Fitness Retreat & Health Spa
Stirling, Canada
“Montain Trek”
Reviewed 29 October 2012

On October, 19, 2012 I completed a week at Mountain Trek in British Columbia, Canada. It was a week of clean eating, hiking, healthful education and fitness. I learned a lot about eating, sleeping, detoxing, fitness ... and especially about myself. The Mountain Trek team is extremely knowledgeable and caring. The scenery is beautiful, the environment is positive, and the knowledge that I brought home is abundant. I would highly recommend Mountain Trek for anyone wanting to restart or kickstart healthy living in a fun and informative setting.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Rosanna H

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Nelson, Canada
Reviewed 23 October 2012

THIS WILL CHANGE YOUR LIFE!!! I just got back from Mountain Trek and I'm feeling like a totally new person - healthier, happier and with enough useful information to stay that way. If you're like me (sugar-loving, out of shape and aging fast), you need to do this. It's not an easy program - LOTS of exercise - but it's the best thing I've done for myself and I feel it's worth every penny. Great food, great staff, beautiful location!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
4 Thank Tony G
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 26 August 2012

I just returned from a week at Mountain Trek...one of the hardest and most challenging things I have done.....and I have done a lot! I was looking for someplace to help me loose 10 pounds but also to help me change my eating and sleeping patterns. I have been to Rancho La Puerta, Canyon Ranch and many other spas, they are all great, but I needed something that would help me really change my lifestyle. I found it. Kirkland and his staff are so bright, fun, supportive, nurturing and most of all inspiring. The hikes were incredible, the food fabulous, the lectures on nutrition and wellness were so smart......I cannot say enough praises about this program. It has changed my life. I will be back next summer leaner and stronger......and hiking in Group A! Ann

Room Tip: They are all great!
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank Ann D
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
Reviewed 19 August 2012

This was easily one of my top vacation experiences - the locale was breath taking, the guides and staff skilled, nurturing and knowledgeable and most importantly the program itself was holistic. It addressed both mind and body to stay fit and provided very useful tips to take back home. This was the catalyst I was looking for and the transition to the 'real world' has been transformative - I move more, eat less, sleep better and feel more alert ant and more rested than I have in years!

Even though it was August, the trails were covered by a canopy of trees and the clean mountain was invigorating and did not make it uncomfortably warm.

The food was both delicious and nutritious - the portions were small but adequate and none of us felt hungry. On the contrary, as 'volume' eater, I was delighted to learn how much less I need to eat when I thought of food primarily as fuel. They do feed you all the the time with small snacks (creative and yummy - protein and fruit/veggies) so you never really go hungry. Again, a great take away for me when I got back home.

I've ben struggling with yo-yo diets and weight loss programs including personals trainers for the last several years. This program brought it all together and its worth every penny. Only advise, do pay attention to getting the right hiking shoes and socks - they are well worth it.

Room Tip: As far as I know, the room does not matter - all you do in the room is to have deep restful restorat...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank EM2212
Treasure Island, Florida
Reviewed 15 August 2012

This was one of the most challenging experiences of my life. I left Mountain Trek feeling both physically and emotionally stronger than I had in a long while. We were cared for and nurtured while being encouraged and inspired. We learned so much about health, wellness, and nutrition. It was an amazing experience that I hope to indulge in on an annual basis.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Gatorferg
Lima, Ohio
Reviewed 13 August 2012

This is not an ordinary spa - it is a special place to regain your life. I had fallen out of shape the last few years. By attending Mountain Trek I was able to understand the connection of food, exercise, stress, and sleep in a way that makes sense. I even learned how to integrate what I learned back in the "real world." The yoga was gentle and I felt accepted in the class even though I had never done yoga. The hikes were magnificent. I really pushed to accomplish the week and I am proud that I did it. The mountains are soothing and beautiful. I would like to send everyone I care about to Mountain Trek.

The customer service was outstanding, and I believe that the staff really care about you. The hospitality, accommodations and food were all wonderful.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Stephanie S
Thessaloniki, Greece
Reviewed 8 August 2012

I stayed at Mountain Trek a few years ago. When I started looking for a weight loss center, Google sent me straight to hiking.com... It seemed like madness to travel from Greece to Ainsworth, I could hardly find it on the map... however after checking out all the other available weight loss spas I decided I wanted something more active and figured I should give it a try...

The experience was amazing and after spending 4 weeks hiking in the summer, I went back after Christmas for another 2 weeks of hiking with snowshoes in the winter.

The area is trully spectacular and I will never forget hiking in those mountains. I had never hiked before and was a bit afraid I would not be able to follow the others, however we were divided in groups according to fitness levels and general physical condition and that fave you a wonderfull feeling of struggling to achieve your goals together with others who are compatible with you. Merely completing the hike every day gave you a great sense of accomplishment, and together with the weight loss results you gained confidence and pride for yourself.

The staff was great, always helpfull and supportive. They were also quite tough, woke us up at 6.00am to beging our day with morning yoga and breakfast, before setting out for our dayily hike. They always knew how to get the best out of us, by pushing us hard but not too hard as to demotivate us. I remember all the team with great fondness and gratitude.

The food was also at gourmet standards..., very lean but delicious and we got to learn a lot of great habits to take home with.

Regarding the accomodations, I am sure since my visit there have been changes and improvements. When I visited they were very good, but with no spa-type luxuries. If you wish to be pampered 24/7, have a TV in your room, play golf and bridge, then go to a Californian spa. Here you got a comfortable bed with a tiny bathroom, a very warm and cosy communal area for sitting around and a family dinner table. There were only 12 of us each week, so you can imagine how personal the feeling was. There was a gym area and a great hot tub for soaking those hurting muscles.

The Mountain Trek experience was one of the best things I have ever done for myself.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
#5 of 10 in Nelson
Ainsworth Motel
Ainsworth Motel
#1 of 3 in Ainsworth Hot Springs

Been to Mountain Trek Fitness Retreat & Health Spa? Share your experiences!