“A game changer” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Mountain Trek Fitness Retreat & Health Spa

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ainsworth Hot Springs
Mountain Trek Fitness Retreat & Health Spa
Vancouver, Canada
“A game changer”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2013

The lectures were informative, the food was organic and delicious, the hiking was gorgeous and at times grueling (just what I love), the staff was attentive and friendly, the rooms were comfortable, the gym and spa facilities were top notch and the setting was spectacular.
I left Mountain Trek with a new appreciation and love for my body and what I need to feed it and how I need to exercise it in order to keep it running at an optimal level.
I'll definitely be back to the beautiful Kootenay region and Mountain Trek again.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Batman_RIng

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2013

Travelocity does not have a separate category for fitness retreats, so Mountain Trek’s location in British Columbia implies a comparison with other “resorts” along Lake Kootenay. Mt Trek’s facilities are beautiful. The resort enjoys an incomparable location with magnificent views of the lake and mountains by day, and the stars by night. There is gorgeous modern lodge architecture, comfortable beds, scrupulously clean contemporary bathrooms, fabulous food, etc. But the real magnificence takes place in the transformed bodies, minds and souls of its guests.

Mountain Trek makes an internal and external metamorphosis possible for participants, because it values people as individuals. The wellbeing of each guest is the uppermost priority for the hard-working staff--from the manager to the guides, from the fitness professionals to the talented staff of masseurs, from the chefs to the housekeeping staff. The goal is to help each guest change—starting out with a realistic assessment, and moving towards the very best each can achieve. Each participant in the program receives the individual attention, and the unconditional support and encouragement, which can make deep transformation possible.

Here is one small example of the atmosphere of kindness and attentiveness that guests experience: Mt Trek’s complete care includes guest laundry service with attention to specific guest instructions. Muddy hiking trousers, sweaty shirts, socks, workout clothes, even delicates, are washed daily and folded neatly. On what other vacation can a guest go home with a suitcase full of clean clothes, and a new body to wear them on?

As a fitness retreat, Mt. Trek represents the best of the best. The caring human professionals that are the real timber from which this resort is built deserve a far higher rating than 5 stars.

4 Thank VernalLife
New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2013

The staff is awesome, the lodge and the surrounding area where the hikes take place is breathtaking, the lectures are captivating and the food is gourmet. I came here to lose a few pounds, which actually ended up to be more than 10 pounds, to kick start me to a new lifestyle. But more important I received a road map to future success. This included the realization that dietary habits can actually be successfully changed. I was at Mountain Trek in mid-May and while home I have had an increased energy level and am more focused. The hikes are challenging, but with 14 guests categorized into 4 levels, the guides inspire you along the way. Interestingly, most participants come as solo travelers. Don't decide not to go to Mountain Trek because it is a little off the beaten track. It is well worth the effort to come here.

4 Thank goodtimesJNJ
North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2013

I have been to similar places and Mountain Trek did not disappoint me! First of all, it is in a very secluded but beautiful location. To get there you have to fly in to Spokane, WA and drive about 4 hours (they offer a shuttle) or fly into a local airport (Castlegar or Trail). The lodge looks like the pictures on the website. You get a great view of the Kootenay Mountains and Lake. It is nice to be in the yoga room or gym and look out to such great scenary. I went to rejuvenate and hike and continue my fitness regime and it didn't disappoint. There are others who arrive less than fit and the staff works with everyone to accommodate their needs and meet their fitness levels.

The day starts at 6 am with a wake up, a light protein shake then on to stretch class (you need it after hiking/exercising all day the day before). After an hour class you get to eat breakfast then either go hiking or have a one hour lecture on nutrition, stress, sleep, etc. I thought the lectures were informative but could have been captured in less than an hour ( I get inpatient !). The hikes usually required driving an hour to the trailhead. The first day was raining but surprisingly, I still enjoyed the hike. You will eat lunch on the trail, which always consists of soup. After about a 4 hour hike, you drive back to the lodge for either a lecture or time to clean up before dinner. Dinner is early at 5:15 and the biggest shock for me was working out 15 minutes after we ate! Believe it or not, none of us thought you could do this without hurling, but we worked out (and they were generally tough workouts) and we all enjoyed it and we didn't hurl! We actually felt great. It was a good way to burn off the dinner calories. After evening exercise class there was time for a massage, steam room, sauna and whirlpool. Off to bed at 10.

The bedrooms are small and I would say this was my biggest knock. However, you are almost never in your room so it really wasn't a big deal.

The food was overall very good. A few breakfasts were bland but almost all dinners were really good with many of us asking for the recipes to take home with us. They provide several in a booklet to take home with you.

The guides were all very nice and worked with each guests to ensure everyone had a good experience. My favorite was Kathy! Her hiking style was great and her interval class on Thursday evening was fun.

I would definitely return! It is a great way to disconnect, detox, improve your fitness level and I bet you will lose a few lbs while you are at it!

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Carync6
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2013

Mountain Trek was on my radar for a few years before I finally went ( Snowshoeing Jan 2013 ) and I loved it SO MUCH, I came back again in May ! I only wish I had given myself the gift of going sooner instead of waiting so long. My expectations were exceeded by far -- beyond the daily physical activities and delicious low -cal cuisine , there is a powerful series of lectures that really helped me to understand how to take better care of myself ( and why it's so difficult to do so in this day and age ) There is also the support of the staff -- every single person there genuinely cares about your well-being. If you have been considering a trip to Mountain Trek, go NOW, don't wait, your body, mind and spirit will thank you for it : )

Room Tip: I didn't spend much time in my room but have been fortunate both times to get rooms with a small...
San Diego, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2013

This program is definitely as good as the other reviews say it is! I had the most amazing and unforgettable experience. I loved the guests as much as I loved the staff and the information was so helpful. There is definitely something special about the way they connect with people and make things so understandable and important.

The classes were fun and the hikes were……fun, yet challenging (don’t worry, you will do fine! Take it from someone who only hiked twice before coming!) Before I arrived, I wasn’t sure if I would be able to keep up. My concern was quickly banished after the first day, thanks to the friendly, supportive hiking guides and fitness instructors. I definitely struggled at times but the feeling that comes from making it to the finish line is all the motivation you need to change your life!

I have done so well since my return and have no desire to return to my old ways.

Thank you, Mountain Trek!

portland, oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2013

My winter week snowshoeing at Mountain Trek was exhilarating, exhausting, enlightening and pushed me way out of my comfort zone. And that is what I was looking for. The facilities are top notch, the staff is AMAZING, food is incredible, and that part of the world is absolutely beautiful. You work hard -- no doubt about that. And you are pushed to your limits so be prepared physically, that's for sure. I came away with a new sense of purpose in caring for myself physically, emotionally, mentally and spiritually. If you are ready to take charge of your life, DO IT!

Room Tip: Rooms are small and some have single beds (still VERY comfy). If it matters to you, check if a doub...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
#1 of 3 in Ainsworth Hot Springs
Mermaid Lodge & Motel
Mermaid Lodge & Motel
#3 of 3 in Ainsworth Hot Springs

Been to Mountain Trek Fitness Retreat & Health Spa? Share your experiences!