“Excellent, wonderful, great experience”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ainsworth Hot Springs
Mountain Trek Fitness Retreat & Health Spa
Burlington, Canada
“Excellent, wonderful, great experience”
Reviewed 23 July 2013

I am home three days now from Mountain Trek and I can see a number of changes in how I feel and go about my day. This is not simply an active week of excellent hiking and workouts but a life changing experience as you learn about your wellness through topics on health, nutrition, exercise, emotions and spirituality. The quality of staff is exceptional, regardless what role they play at the resort. Caring, motivating, knowledgeable staff make you feel like you are important and you can do anything. I have been to four or five fitness type holidays involving hiking and this is the best. Starting the hiking day with their daily foot care (prevention) was essential for my success and comfort during the week. I can't say enough good things about the resort. The food was great. The daily laundry service very nice. My room had a king size bed and plenty of space to move around comfortably. My shower had nice hot water. The room is cleaned daily. The place is well maintained and kept clean. Sauna, steam room, hot tub were nice to have on site. Massage therapists were fabulous. Highly recommend Mountain Trek. I have come home de-stressed, with a plan to implement better wellness for myself.

Room Tip: My room was on the second (top floor) looking out onto grounds.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank JER154984

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Greenville, South Carolina
Reviewed 17 July 2013

This was my second two week stay at Mountain Trek....with three years between visits. This program is not for someone seeking a relaxing vacation but instead is for guests who love hiking, seek to improve their overall fitness level, are motivated for a vigorous and active experience, and who want to do so with like minded guests. The setting is simply beautiful and the natural beauty makes the travel to this remote locale quite worthwhile. The Lodge and accommodations are comfortable and very adequate. The spa and fitness center are steps away and always open for guests. The food is notably delicious and the kitchen team is willing to accommodate to any specific food need or preference. Most notable is that Mountain Trek is staffed by people who love their jobs and who are real professionals regardless of their role. I travel often and it is rare to find staff who are so grateful to work at a venue and who are proud enough to share their pride with guests....and I think that says a lot about the program. Guests who seek a getaway to focus on themselves and who are willing to put forth a consistent effort while at MT will find the experience very productive and beneficial. If you seek a cushy vacation and want to be pampered in a luxurious environment then look elsewhere. If you seek an opportunity to improve your fitness level, to meet interesting people from all over the world, to learn and to hike in awesome settings then Mountain Trek is the place for you. A MT experience will be very busy and action packed with little down time. Each time I have returned home invigorated and feeling great about myself and the opportunity to establish new patterns for a healthy lifestyle. I have found a two week stay to be the perfect duration for me and yet most guests stay only for a week. Two weeks will help you establish new patterns and to begin the process to change. Hiking is the big activity at MT and if you don't like to hike this venue is not for you. Most, but not all guests are solo....their significant others don't hike and/or the guest seeks a solo experience to focus on themselves. Friendships are quickly established and you will be exchanging addresses with your new friends before you depart.

Room Tip: Book early and ask for a room with a larger beds. Couples ands guests who are staying longer than a...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank DME312
United States
Reviewed 5 July 2013

was disappointed in the "trails" - some were gravel paths, as opposed to hiking trails and then some were repeated "treks" :( I had heard from a friend that they took different trails every day, but that was not my experience. It's a lot of money to have the same hikes repeated. That being said, the guides were phenomenal and the lodge staff was amazing. Everyone was nurturing and positive. The kitchen and its staff were incredible! Is comparable to other spas I have stayed in -- just wish they had ventured more often away from the lodge.

Room Tip: Rooms are assigned on a first come first serve basis, so book early if you want bigger : )
6 Thank HSOMass
MountainTrekRetreat, Guest Relations Manager at Mountain Trek Fitness Retreat & Health Spa, responded to this review, 25 July 2013
Thank you for your comment. Indeed, our guests who stay for two-week "Renewal" program do experience some repetition of trails and this is because clients who come for our one-week "Reboot" program want to do all the favourite trails as well, including the famous Fry Creek and Idaho Peak. However, we are looking into ways of altering the program so that our two-week guests experience new trails every day.
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 23 June 2013

My week at Mountain Trek was superb. ALL staff members were extremely friendly and were willing to "go the extra mile" to assist me. The lodge was immaculate and there were no issues at all with cleanliness of the lodge. My room was slightly small but still spacious enough for my liking. The food was FANTASTIC and the dining table was always set very decoratively, to enhance the dining experience. I had no issues with noise from other rooms, even though there was nearly full occupancy. All of my services (massage, acupuncture, cranio sacral therapy, and reflexology) were performed by highly-educated and experienced staff. The yoga classes were great for novices and those experienced in yoga as well. The hikes were quite intense, but that is what the entire program is about.....kick starting the metabolism. I fell once on the trail due to slippery conditions due to rain, and was immediately assisted by my guide and other hikers. The scenery is breathtakingly beautiful, although I would recommend insect repellent due to mosquitoes. The staff drove the guests safely and courteously to the base of the trails occasionally, and even had hot tea waiting for us at the end of wet rainy hikes:) We were driven to and picked up from Ainsworth Hot Springs several times during the week. The staff were very informed about the area, and pointed out wildlife and flora. I would HIGHLY recommend Mountain Trek to everyone!!!!! Great thanks to Nick, Kirkland, Alan, Chris, Kathy, Christa, Shari, Barry, Sarah, Julia, Norah, Katya, Anna, Mark, all the housekeeping/office/maintenance staff, and anyone I may have inadvertently neglected to mention. I lost 7 pounds, nearly 2 inches off my waist, and 1 inch off my hips, and the credit for this goes to MOUNTAIN TREK! This was a life-changing week for me, and I am going to use all the information and guidance I received to become healthier and fitter for the rest of my life. GO MOUNTAIN TREK!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed June 2013
2 Thank BarbInEdmonton
Reviewed 18 June 2013

I feel incredible after my stay at Mountain Trek. The lodge and fitness facilities are spotless, the staff is amazing and knowledgable and the surroundings and hikes are unmatched. I am so happy to have met such amazing people and to spend time in the beautiful BC mountains. I'm also proud of the work I put into this week – Mountain Trek is guaranteed to get you back on track and feeling amazing about your life. I'm so grateful for this opportunity and can't wait to go back again!

1 Thank jayess442
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 18 June 2013

The lectures were informative, the food was organic and delicious, the hiking was gorgeous and at times grueling (just what I love), the staff was attentive and friendly, the rooms were comfortable, the gym and spa facilities were top notch and the setting was spectacular.
I left Mountain Trek with a new appreciation and love for my body and what I need to feed it and how I need to exercise it in order to keep it running at an optimal level.
I'll definitely be back to the beautiful Kootenay region and Mountain Trek again.

1 Thank Batman_RIng
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed 27 May 2013

Travelocity does not have a separate category for fitness retreats, so Mountain Trek’s location in British Columbia implies a comparison with other “resorts” along Lake Kootenay. Mt Trek’s facilities are beautiful. The resort enjoys an incomparable location with magnificent views of the lake and mountains by day, and the stars by night. There is gorgeous modern lodge architecture, comfortable beds, scrupulously clean contemporary bathrooms, fabulous food, etc. But the real magnificence takes place in the transformed bodies, minds and souls of its guests.

Mountain Trek makes an internal and external metamorphosis possible for participants, because it values people as individuals. The wellbeing of each guest is the uppermost priority for the hard-working staff--from the manager to the guides, from the fitness professionals to the talented staff of masseurs, from the chefs to the housekeeping staff. The goal is to help each guest change—starting out with a realistic assessment, and moving towards the very best each can achieve. Each participant in the program receives the individual attention, and the unconditional support and encouragement, which can make deep transformation possible.

Here is one small example of the atmosphere of kindness and attentiveness that guests experience: Mt Trek’s complete care includes guest laundry service with attention to specific guest instructions. Muddy hiking trousers, sweaty shirts, socks, workout clothes, even delicates, are washed daily and folded neatly. On what other vacation can a guest go home with a suitcase full of clean clothes, and a new body to wear them on?

As a fitness retreat, Mt. Trek represents the best of the best. The caring human professionals that are the real timber from which this resort is built deserve a far higher rating than 5 stars.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
Cloudside Hotel
Cloudside Hotel
#4 of 10 in Nelson
Ainsworth Hot Springs Guest House
Ainsworth Hot Springs Guest Hous...
#2 of 5 in Ainsworth Hot Springs
Mermaid Lodge & Motel
Mermaid Lodge & Motel
#3 of 3 in Ainsworth Hot Springs
Prestige Lakeside Resort

Been to Mountain Trek Fitness Retreat & Health Spa? Share your experiences!