“Preventive Health Care....feel alive again....”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ainsworth Hot Springs
Mountain Trek Fitness Retreat & Health Spa
Kailua, Hawaii
“Preventive Health Care....feel alive again....”
Reviewed 22 August 2013

I have been to Mountain Trek two times before. It's been 6 years. I'm turning 60 in September and after a visit to the Dr. I knew I needed to book a visit to Mt. Trek. I went the end of July. It was better than I remembered. I lost 11 pounds of fat, have more energy, I'm stronger and can touch my toes again....the scenery is beautiful....and most important I feel alive again.......Mt. Trek is for all fitness levels. The staff is very supportive and will understanding of your goals. It's a small group so everyone gets one on one.

Room Tip: All the rooms are excellent
1 Thank Patti H

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 12 August 2013

I have been to Mountain Trek two times, both for one week sessions in July. The program is challenging, but hiking groups are split according to ability, evening fitness classes are modified for different levels, and the staff is upbeat and encouraging. The scenery is beautiful, the Lodge is very attractive and the food is terrific. The staff really make the program: Kirk and his team are knowledgeable, well-trained, and fun to be with. Mountain Trek does a great job of teaching you simple steps to a healthier way of life. I've integrated several changes to my life and have seen the results last. A terrific program.

Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
Ontario
Reviewed 6 August 2013

I booked late. I was looking for a vacation/fitness camp/solo-type of place that I could attend, be part of a group, learn something and come back to tell my friends and family that I experienced something magical. I found it! This is truly a boot camp and those that come here are prepared to have their a__ kicked or at least want it to be! This is the type of place that is geared to those that are tiptop shape, as well as the "I haven't moved off the couch for the last few years and not sure where to start type of person". The schedule is quite regimented and for good reason- they are giving you a sense of what your life could be. Yoga every morning, hiking for every level every day, and strength & cardio every single day. I miss it, I miss the routine! I enjoyed every plank, every agonizing step on each of the hikes...I miss the camaraderie and encouragement from the staff and the people that I met. The food is fantastic and pretty simple to prepare when you come home. The true test of whether a place like this is successful is if you incorporate what you learn when you come back. Sure it is difficult to incorporate every single item that you heard, or ate or performed, but the essence is in incorporating what you can, little by little into YOUR lifestyle - what fits for you and what objectives you want to achieve. I would highly recommend it to anyone who is looking for a way to kick start a new you in a very magical place - The Kootenays.

Room Tip: Book early.
Reviewed 5 August 2013 via mobile

I almost cancelled out a few times after impulsively signing up for 2 weeks at Mountain Trek. The moments of inspired desire for a kick-start to self improvement and a saner healthier life were interspersed with fear of the undoubtable indignities that can only be fully understood by the seriously non-fit and those carrying around the equivalent of a small child on each thigh. I was secretly hoping there would be a bunch of middle aged fat women (sort of like me) and so, I didn't cancel out.

And after getting over the first mini-panic of realizing there were gorgeous men and lots of fit people (why would gorgeous fit people want to pay someone to get them to walk, I pondered??), I relaxed into the boot camp pace (forget about having time to blow dry your hair or that non-make-up make-up), and just had to laugh my way through the intensity of the physical challenges. No question, it was tough-going after years of sedentary workaholism, zero exercise of any kind and 50% body fat, but one of the many qualities of Mountain Trek is that they manage to not just make it possible, but make it great for every fitness level. I was super impressed by the program and the people -- all A+.

The experience was definitely much more than I expected. The holistic approach, the surprisingly impactful lectures, the amazing food, great staff, personal attention and care, lovely, fun and interesting participants, and so much inspiration and positive energy. I truly felt and still feel, a week post departure, so much better on so many levels.

I'm not a hiker and I rarely leave my office, but it was just what I needed. I've also never really vacationed in Canada, preferring the world beyond, but must say that it was beautiful in the Kootenays and I have a new-found appreciation for Canada. I would highly recommend Mountain Trek for a kick-start to wellness or even just for a positive energy boost.

Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Tracy B
Mexico City, Mexico
Reviewed 4 August 2013

excelent, balanced , detailed program, director kirk, extraordinary "maestro de vida"

no matter age, condition, you learn the principles of good habits trough a combination of effort, relaxing, lectures and excercise. the lodge is in a magical spot.

1 Thank antonio s
Burlington, Canada
Reviewed 23 July 2013

I am home three days now from Mountain Trek and I can see a number of changes in how I feel and go about my day. This is not simply an active week of excellent hiking and workouts but a life changing experience as you learn about your wellness through topics on health, nutrition, exercise, emotions and spirituality. The quality of staff is exceptional, regardless what role they play at the resort. Caring, motivating, knowledgeable staff make you feel like you are important and you can do anything. I have been to four or five fitness type holidays involving hiking and this is the best. Starting the hiking day with their daily foot care (prevention) was essential for my success and comfort during the week. I can't say enough good things about the resort. The food was great. The daily laundry service very nice. My room had a king size bed and plenty of space to move around comfortably. My shower had nice hot water. The room is cleaned daily. The place is well maintained and kept clean. Sauna, steam room, hot tub were nice to have on site. Massage therapists were fabulous. Highly recommend Mountain Trek. I have come home de-stressed, with a plan to implement better wellness for myself.

Room Tip: My room was on the second (top floor) looking out onto grounds.
1 Thank JER154984
Greenville, South Carolina
Reviewed 17 July 2013

This was my second two week stay at Mountain Trek....with three years between visits. This program is not for someone seeking a relaxing vacation but instead is for guests who love hiking, seek to improve their overall fitness level, are motivated for a vigorous and active experience, and who want to do so with like minded guests. The setting is simply beautiful and the natural beauty makes the travel to this remote locale quite worthwhile. The Lodge and accommodations are comfortable and very adequate. The spa and fitness center are steps away and always open for guests. The food is notably delicious and the kitchen team is willing to accommodate to any specific food need or preference. Most notable is that Mountain Trek is staffed by people who love their jobs and who are real professionals regardless of their role. I travel often and it is rare to find staff who are so grateful to work at a venue and who are proud enough to share their pride with guests....and I think that says a lot about the program. Guests who seek a getaway to focus on themselves and who are willing to put forth a consistent effort while at MT will find the experience very productive and beneficial. If you seek a cushy vacation and want to be pampered in a luxurious environment then look elsewhere. If you seek an opportunity to improve your fitness level, to meet interesting people from all over the world, to learn and to hike in awesome settings then Mountain Trek is the place for you. A MT experience will be very busy and action packed with little down time. Each time I have returned home invigorated and feeling great about myself and the opportunity to establish new patterns for a healthy lifestyle. I have found a two week stay to be the perfect duration for me and yet most guests stay only for a week. Two weeks will help you establish new patterns and to begin the process to change. Hiking is the big activity at MT and if you don't like to hike this venue is not for you. Most, but not all guests are solo....their significant others don't hike and/or the guest seeks a solo experience to focus on themselves. Friendships are quickly established and you will be exchanging addresses with your new friends before you depart.

Room Tip: Book early and ask for a room with a larger beds. Couples ands guests who are staying longer than a...
2 Thank DME312
Cloudside Hotel
Cloudside Hotel
#4 of 10 in Nelson
Ainsworth Hot Springs Guest House
Ainsworth Hot Springs Guest Hous...
#2 of 5 in Ainsworth Hot Springs
Mermaid Lodge & Motel
Mermaid Lodge & Motel
#3 of 3 in Ainsworth Hot Springs
Prestige Lakeside Resort

Been to Mountain Trek Fitness Retreat & Health Spa? Share your experiences!