We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ainsworth Hot Springs
Mountain Trek Fitness Retreat & Health Spa
Canton, Texas
“Wow!”
Reviewed 31 August 2013

What an amazing place! Beautiful scenery! Super supportive staff that challenge and encourage you to reach your full potential! This was my first trip...really did not know what to expect. I had not been very active and was unsure of what my body was capable of doing. I quickly found out. I have never felt more alive and energetic. The schedule is packed with a variety of activities that challenge any fitness level. I will go back...it was worth the investment!

1 Thank Sheila K

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Beijing, China
Reviewed 25 August 2013

I've just been back to Mountain Trek for the 2nd time, and each time was for 2 weeks. The programme does exactly what it says on the tin ... weight loss, detox, increased metabolism and improved vitality. 4.5 inches off my waist!
The programme is rigid and packed, which suits me, with each day being a combination of yoga, lectures, hiking and gym classes. There's plenty of variety with the hiking routes and evening exercise classes, while the evening massages and morning yoga help wrinkle out the aches and strains.
All the staff are super friendly and the food, though calorie controlled, feels plentiful and tastes awesome.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
Washington, DC
Reviewed 25 August 2013

I just returned from my first time at Mountain Trek (I definitely want to go back) and can't recommend this highly enough. Even though it does seem like a lot of exercise it really isn't that bad. The biggest thing I learned here is how much my body can do. I can do yoga in the morning, hike for four hours and do cardio after dinner and I won't die. I was even able to get up the next day and do it all again. The hiking is at all levels so if you're feeling a little tired one day you can dial it back and if you're feeling good you can push yourself. Up until about eight weeks before this I hadn't exercised in at least 3 years and in those weeks I definitely wasn't pushing myself. I lost six pounds of fat in one week without starving or killing myself.

The food here is really tasty and super healthy and clean. There is a strong focus on clean foods and detoxing the body. I was not really into this idea of "detoxing" prior to this, but I have to say I felt fantastic. One particular thing I noticed was that, despite wearing super heavy sunscreen on my face all week and sweating a good amount, I did not break out at all. That's not something that would have happened before. Even though I was a skeptic, the results of how I feel really changed my mind.

The staff here are all very knowledgable and friendly and really work with you to make sure you are comfortable but still pushing yourself within your limits.

I have spent the last week at home telling everyone I know they need to go to this and am figuring out when I can go again. I only wish I had gone for two weeks instead of one. If you're on the fence about that definitely do two because by the end of week one you're really into it and feel like you get it and can do more and it's easier to do it there than at home.

Room Tip: When they say book early for the best rooms they really mean it. Some rooms are huge with a king be...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank oscarfelix
Kailua, Hawaii
Reviewed 22 August 2013

I have been to Mountain Trek two times before. It's been 6 years. I'm turning 60 in September and after a visit to the Dr. I knew I needed to book a visit to Mt. Trek. I went the end of July. It was better than I remembered. I lost 11 pounds of fat, have more energy, I'm stronger and can touch my toes again....the scenery is beautiful....and most important I feel alive again.......Mt. Trek is for all fitness levels. The staff is very supportive and will understanding of your goals. It's a small group so everyone gets one on one.

Room Tip: All the rooms are excellent
1 Thank Patti H
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 12 August 2013

I have been to Mountain Trek two times, both for one week sessions in July. The program is challenging, but hiking groups are split according to ability, evening fitness classes are modified for different levels, and the staff is upbeat and encouraging. The scenery is beautiful, the Lodge is very attractive and the food is terrific. The staff really make the program: Kirk and his team are knowledgeable, well-trained, and fun to be with. Mountain Trek does a great job of teaching you simple steps to a healthier way of life. I've integrated several changes to my life and have seen the results last. A terrific program.

Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
Ontario
Reviewed 6 August 2013

I booked late. I was looking for a vacation/fitness camp/solo-type of place that I could attend, be part of a group, learn something and come back to tell my friends and family that I experienced something magical. I found it! This is truly a boot camp and those that come here are prepared to have their a__ kicked or at least want it to be! This is the type of place that is geared to those that are tiptop shape, as well as the "I haven't moved off the couch for the last few years and not sure where to start type of person". The schedule is quite regimented and for good reason- they are giving you a sense of what your life could be. Yoga every morning, hiking for every level every day, and strength & cardio every single day. I miss it, I miss the routine! I enjoyed every plank, every agonizing step on each of the hikes...I miss the camaraderie and encouragement from the staff and the people that I met. The food is fantastic and pretty simple to prepare when you come home. The true test of whether a place like this is successful is if you incorporate what you learn when you come back. Sure it is difficult to incorporate every single item that you heard, or ate or performed, but the essence is in incorporating what you can, little by little into YOUR lifestyle - what fits for you and what objectives you want to achieve. I would highly recommend it to anyone who is looking for a way to kick start a new you in a very magical place - The Kootenays.

Room Tip: Book early.
Reviewed 5 August 2013 via mobile

I almost cancelled out a few times after impulsively signing up for 2 weeks at Mountain Trek. The moments of inspired desire for a kick-start to self improvement and a saner healthier life were interspersed with fear of the undoubtable indignities that can only be fully understood by the seriously non-fit and those carrying around the equivalent of a small child on each thigh. I was secretly hoping there would be a bunch of middle aged fat women (sort of like me) and so, I didn't cancel out.

And after getting over the first mini-panic of realizing there were gorgeous men and lots of fit people (why would gorgeous fit people want to pay someone to get them to walk, I pondered??), I relaxed into the boot camp pace (forget about having time to blow dry your hair or that non-make-up make-up), and just had to laugh my way through the intensity of the physical challenges. No question, it was tough-going after years of sedentary workaholism, zero exercise of any kind and 50% body fat, but one of the many qualities of Mountain Trek is that they manage to not just make it possible, but make it great for every fitness level. I was super impressed by the program and the people -- all A+.

The experience was definitely much more than I expected. The holistic approach, the surprisingly impactful lectures, the amazing food, great staff, personal attention and care, lovely, fun and interesting participants, and so much inspiration and positive energy. I truly felt and still feel, a week post departure, so much better on so many levels.

I'm not a hiker and I rarely leave my office, but it was just what I needed. I've also never really vacationed in Canada, preferring the world beyond, but must say that it was beautiful in the Kootenays and I have a new-found appreciation for Canada. I would highly recommend Mountain Trek for a kick-start to wellness or even just for a positive energy boost.

Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
Ainsworth Motel
Ainsworth Motel
#1 of 3 in Ainsworth Hot Springs
Ainsworth Hot Springs Guest House
Ainsworth Hot Springs Guest Hous...
#2 of 4 in Ainsworth Hot Springs
Mermaid Lodge & Motel
Mermaid Lodge & Motel
#3 of 3 in Ainsworth Hot Springs

Been to Mountain Trek Fitness Retreat & Health Spa? Share your experiences!