Mountain Trek Fitness Retreat & Health Spa
US$152
US$197
Travelocity
Kokanee Glacier Resort(Nelson)(Great Value!)
US$98
US$75
Villa Motel(Nelson)(Great Value!)
US$80
US$94
US$176
US$170
Hotels.com
Ainsworth Motel(Ainsworth Hot Springs)
Mermaid Lodge & Motel(Ainsworth Hot Springs)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsweight losslife changingbritish columbiagreat hikingreturned homesteam roomrancho la puertahot tubde stressinfrared saunadaily lifeeating habitssupportive stafffar exceeded my expectationsorganic mealsholistic approachlost lbs
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 September 2013

I recently spent one week with my 29 year old daughter at Mountain Trek. I was my fourth time, her first. My first trip, I stayed for one week solo. The second time I stayed for three weeks with my step son. The third time for one week with a friend. And this fourth time, for one week.

My daughter is a marathon runner, and I am a 58 year old regular girl, with all the body changes and medical issues one would expect for a woman of my age. My daughter felt that Mountain Trek would not challenge her enough, and boy was she surprised. Mountain Trek offered trails that challenged even my marathoner. Not only that, the nutrition classes and daily meals taught her more about nutrition than she has ever known. She left fitter than she has ever been. Those were her words!

Mountain Trek always improves my fitness, vitality and outlook. I recommend it wholeheartedly to any one of any fitness level. Everyone improves their fitness, everyone learns amazing things about nutrition and the body, and everyone finds rest and the opportunity to reflect. I lost 4.5 inches from my waist and 9.2 lbs of body fat in one week. My fat percentage ratio dropped by 5% and my waist to hip ratio fell to a level that was lowest risk for disease. IN ONE WEEK! As impressive as these numbers are, especially for a middle aged female, they don't tell the whole story. This area of British Columbia is simply one of the most beautiful venues in the world. A must see. Kirkland Shave, the brave and often barefoot leader, is a speaker with the ability to put entire volumes of information on nutrition and fitness into the most memorable perspective. He is one of the most inspirational persons I have EVER met. Each member of the hiking staff is mature, helpful and kind. Always smiling. Always encouraging. The kitchen staff is beyond compare. My daughter and I found the food to be amazing, even as we were learning how to incorporate often unfamiliar items into a healthy meal. Amazing! Katya's yoga class is the very best. Do buy her DVD! The other guests are always interesting. My experience has been that guests usually bond over the course of a week and many make lasting friendships. Even though my daughter and I were in different hiking groups (the group is broken into four groups depending on fitness levels) we were able to spend meals together, listen to classes together, and do the evening cardio, massage and saunas together. It was a very good experience for us. We even shared a Chinese Face Reading from a doctor of chinese medicine! I am beginning to ramble here, so I will simply say that I cannot recommend Mountain Trek highly enough. It is easily worth the time and money. Do not be afraid ... Kirkland will find a trail (and a "path!") that is just perfect FOR YOU!

Room Tip: Book early!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank hchtraveler
Reviewed 31 August 2013

What an amazing place! Beautiful scenery! Super supportive staff that challenge and encourage you to reach your full potential! This was my first trip...really did not know what to expect. I had not been very active and was unsure of what my body was capable of doing. I quickly found out. I have never felt more alive and energetic. The schedule is packed with a variety of activities that challenge any fitness level. I will go back...it was worth the investment!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Sheila K
Reviewed 25 August 2013

I've just been back to Mountain Trek for the 2nd time, and each time was for 2 weeks. The programme does exactly what it says on the tin ... weight loss, detox, increased metabolism and improved vitality. 4.5 inches off my waist!
The programme is rigid and packed, which suits me, with each day being a combination of yoga, lectures, hiking and gym classes. There's plenty of variety with the hiking routes and evening exercise classes, while the evening massages and morning yoga help wrinkle out the aches and strains.
All the staff are super friendly and the food, though calorie controlled, feels plentiful and tastes awesome.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 August 2013

I just returned from my first time at Mountain Trek (I definitely want to go back) and can't recommend this highly enough. Even though it does seem like a lot of exercise it really isn't that bad. The biggest thing I learned here is how much my body can do. I can do yoga in the morning, hike for four hours and do cardio after dinner and I won't die. I was even able to get up the next day and do it all again. The hiking is at all levels so if you're feeling a little tired one day you can dial it back and if you're feeling good you can push yourself. Up until about eight weeks before this I hadn't exercised in at least 3 years and in those weeks I definitely wasn't pushing myself. I lost six pounds of fat in one week without starving or killing myself.

The food here is really tasty and super healthy and clean. There is a strong focus on clean foods and detoxing the body. I was not really into this idea of "detoxing" prior to this, but I have to say I felt fantastic. One particular thing I noticed was that, despite wearing super heavy sunscreen on my face all week and sweating a good amount, I did not break out at all. That's not something that would have happened before. Even though I was a skeptic, the results of how I feel really changed my mind.

The staff here are all very knowledgable and friendly and really work with you to make sure you are comfortable but still pushing yourself within your limits.

I have spent the last week at home telling everyone I know they need to go to this and am figuring out when I can go again. I only wish I had gone for two weeks instead of one. If you're on the fence about that definitely do two because by the end of week one you're really into it and feel like you get it and can do more and it's easier to do it there than at home.

Room Tip: When they say book early for the best rooms they really mean it. Some rooms are huge with a king bed and some are more like a shoe box with a twin bed. I had a twin room and it wasn't bad - it was nicely decorated with a new bathroom, but it's best to manage your expectations ahead of time. The rooms on the lower floors do not have good a/c and rooms facing the lake get very hot from the sun, so if you like to sleep cold and it's a hot time of year try to get a room upstairs or at least on the non-lake side of the house.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank oscarfelix
Reviewed 22 August 2013

I have been to Mountain Trek two times before. It's been 6 years. I'm turning 60 in September and after a visit to the Dr. I knew I needed to book a visit to Mt. Trek. I went the end of July. It was better than I remembered. I lost 11 pounds of fat, have more energy, I'm stronger and can touch my toes again....the scenery is beautiful....and most important I feel alive again.......Mt. Trek is for all fitness levels. The staff is very supportive and will understanding of your goals. It's a small group so everyone gets one on one.

Room Tip: All the rooms are excellent
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo