“Mountain Trek at Rancho la Puerta”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ainsworth Hot Springs
Mountain Trek Fitness Retreat & Health Spa
Redmond, Washington
“Mountain Trek at Rancho la Puerta”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2014

Could not have been better. Mountain Trek has a well planned program, fitness education and fabulous food. Great hiking. Mountain Trek delivered on everything they represented. Be prepared to work hard, eat well and sleep well. Rancho la Puerta provides welcome pampering after a day of working out.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2014

From the gentle morning wake-up knock (so you don't stress about your alarm clock going off), every moment at Mountain Trek is perfectly calibrated to see that you get the most out of your time there. It's at once busy and relaxing, incredibly tough but also truly delicious. I almost don't want to give anything away -- it's something you have to experience to truly understand. What I will say is that what you learn stays with you; simple tips you can take home and easily add to your routine. Eight months on and I still use lessons learned from the amazing cast of characters at Mountain Trek just about every day. And just so you know, I'm a naysayer by nature.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo

2 Thank Amy R
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2014

This is the best trip ever for body, mind, spirit and soul. I will return at least once a year if not twice and others in my family are signing up having seen what a positive impact Mountain Trek had on me. It's a game-changer. The folks who run the program are deeply knowledgeable, kind, professional and energetic. They do the program with us which is so nice cause my experience has been that usually owners/executives are not so vested in the program but sit on the sidelines, pass by the routines which makes me feel awkward - instead Kathy and Kirk and all the team are with us, side by side, true teammates in our journey. The food is incredible - I came home and totally changed out "my larder" and have resumed many of the lessons into my daily routine at home. One month later, I still feel great. With great appreciation! Barbera Brooks

Room Tip: All the rooms are excellent
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2014

It's a complete package to tune-up your body, emotions and mental health:
- five star accommodation with European quality with all the bells and whistles
- Busy (but not stressful!!) schedule designed to create a complete focus on your body and soul
- amazing food (I'm a foodie and still using their recipes)
- hard work, lots of sweating and good muscle pain
- great people - guides and guests (lasting friendships)
- 2 weeks without makeup, high hills and chores (!!!!!)

My trip was 8 months ago, and still thinking of the experience almost every day. I was at a cross-road and being there helped me to make the right decision (time to think it through and open minded people to discuss my problems).
The weight loss was almost an extra bonus. I didn't lose any more since, but could keep it and altogether, I feel much healthier.
I plan to come back regularly in every 12-18 months, for sure. BTW: half of the guests were returning, so that should give you an idea about the place too!!!

Room Tip: You don't get to chose the room and I suggest to stop stressing about it or any other detail and...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled solo

Corpus Christi, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2014

My first trek to MT was in 2008 and I've been back every summer since then. That ought to tell you something. As I approached my 60th birthday, I felt like I needed and wanted to do something for myself. My life as a professional is pretty hectic and stressful and requires many hours in the office -- I wanted to get away. MT, which I found just by surfing the web, turned out to be the PERFECT place. What do I like best? No telephones, no television, no newspapers -- its just you and nature. It was and is the perfect place for me to completely decompress my mind and detoxify my body. That's why I keep coming back. I don't believe there is a more beautiful setting on earth. Wake up, smoothie, yoga (the easy kind), breakfast, hike (lunch on the trail), lecture, hot tub/sauna, supper, aerobic class, massage, sleep -- rinse and repeat. It is fun and challenging, but you are only challenging yourself -- you don't have to do anything you don't want to do. But there is something incredibly invigorating about making it to the top of a mountain or walking past alpine lakes and waterfalls or seeing and smelling gorgeous wild flowers along mountain trails. Like Cheers, at MT everyone knows your name -- the staff is always very interested in exactly how you are doing every day -- they ask and they care; they want you to succeed. There's never more than about 15 guests so there's at least one professional guide for every 3 or 4 guests. On the hikes the guests are divided into groups according to ability, so you're never holding anyone up and no one is holding you back. All of the guests end up supporting each other and develop a real camaraderie, At MT you'll meet people from all over the world -- and most of them find it just like I did -- on the internet. It's a little scary going to a place you've never been and none of your friends have ever heard of, but in the end that's the beauty of it. You take a chance and it turns out to be the best thing you've ever done for yourself. That's why I keep coming back. Try it, you'll like it! PS. The first 5 times I went by myself and that was a good way to completely leave everything behind, but my wife came with me last year and that was great too -- and she loved it! PSS. Spokane works just fine, but Castlegar is better if you can get there. Jimmy W, South Texas.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple

3 Thank Jimmy W
Olympia, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2014

I experienced Mountain Trek at Rancho La Puerta in Mexico. If I could do it over again, I would not have let myself be pushed into the more difficult hiking groups. It just made me feel like I was holding the group back. Also, I would have requested that I receive the same amount of food as the men. I lost 6 pounds of fat but it was not pleasant - I felt brain-dead a bunch of the time and couldn't enjoy some of the classes - and I came home and immediately felt the need to eat and put the weight back on. I would rather have lost less weight and done less yo-yo-ing and been able to appreciate the classes. We would be given these wonderfully valuable classes about eating and lifestyle right before dinner but I for one couldn't appreciate them because I had no fuel left in my brain to retain what he was saying. Then the weight training after dinner just seemed to put everyone into a bad mood. Plus Rancho La Puerta offers classes but I didn't have the energy to take any of them. So to summarize, I would do it again but I would do it on my terms.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2014

I spent two weeks at MT in the Summer of 2013. It was a great experience. It was educational, fun and highly memorable. The staff will make will make it a great experience for you personally. You will be challenged, but in the best of ways!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo

#5 of 10 in Nelson
Ainsworth Motel
Ainsworth Motel
#1 of 3 in Ainsworth Hot Springs

Been to Mountain Trek Fitness Retreat & Health Spa? Share your experiences!