“Loved every minute of it!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ainsworth Hot Springs
Mountain Trek Fitness Retreat & Health Spa
Toronto, Canada
“Loved every minute of it!”
Reviewed 18 March 2014

I headed to Mountain Trek 2 weeks after leaving my fast paced, high stress job of 12 years, I wanted a place to de-stress and reboot - Mountain Trek did the trick.
The food was delicious, resort is beautiful, location is stunning, massages are divine and the hot springs are a fantastic way to end the day. I was struck by the staff's passion for the Kootenay Valley, hiking, and Mountain Trek, it was really inspiring to hear about their backgrounds and what brought them to "the Koot"
The program is very busy and the days are full, but if you embrace it, you'll have an amazing time.
I wished I could have stayed for a second week, and hope to return again soon.

Room Tip: rooms were assigned in advance, my room was pretty small, but you really don't spend any time in...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo

1 Thank AmyOffDuty

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 17 March 2014

What a great way to jumpstart yourself into a new, healthier lifestyle! I came in exhausted, with low energy and feeling just wrecked. I left that ALL there and more... 6.5 lbs of body fat! I took home with me lean muscle, mental clarity and serenity. (The fact that it's drop dead gorgeous there and the accommodations and food were wonderful didn't hurt either!)

Just go and you'll be pleasantly surprised and rejuvenated in just one week. If I didn't have a 2 year old at home I would have stayed for a second week! I can only imagine the benefits from an additional 7 days of the massages, workouts, food, hot springs and... The views. The hikes are challenging but there are three groups to accommodate all levels and they do. You can move up or down in difficulty without anyone judging you. You learn about food, eating habits, timing for workouts and meals and so much more. A+++ Incredible staff and program. Can't wait until I go again!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Naia K
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 16 March 2014

I have been to Mountain Trek twice. The first time in May 2012 to Ainsworth, BC and the second time to Rancho la Puerta, Mexico in Nov. 2012. For me it was a life changing experience. For the first time in my life I pushed myself beyond my limits and am still reaping the rewards almost 2 years after my first visit.
I purposefully am writing my review after some time has elapsed because I wanted to see if my experience had long term effects. The answer is a resounding YES. I went into this very determined and dedicated and was expecting short term benefits, however I did not anticipate that everything I learned and experienced was going to stick for the long haul, but it has. Both facilities are world class, the food is spectacular and the nature hikes awe inspiring.This is truly a life changing experience and I can not recommend the retreat program and facilitators highly enough. The program seems a bit pricey at first glance but when you consider the life long benefits it is worth every penny. I managed to save up again and am planning my next visit and look forward to more progress and benefits.
The program really works!!!! Thanks to everyone involved. You all are very caring, knowledgable, motivating and inspiring.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank cheftravel
Charleston
Reviewed 14 March 2014

Everything about Mountain Trek is great-the staff, location, food, rooms, massages, lectures and hikes. It was an amazng experience that I took home with me and carried on for good health. I look forward to going back again.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 13 March 2014

I attended MT in 2010 and more recently on the Peru trek to the Inca trail and Machu Pichu in 2013. these were both tremendous trips
Conincidentally, I am evaluating when I can go back. I think that is endorsement enough!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo

2 Thank spidergal
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 13 March 2014

Everything about Mountain Trek is great - the staff, location, food, rooms, massages, lectures and hikes. I felt nurtured and cared for while being physically challenged. It set the stage for continued health.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo

Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 13 March 2014

While it has been a year since my visit to Mountain Trek not one memory of the pristine beauty and complete and utter solace of the experience has faded. Not only are you situated in a gorgeous chalet in the heart of what I believe is truly the most beautiful part of British Columbia, you are surrounded by peace and warmth and welcoming that is utterly unparalleled. I traveled to Mountain Trek by myself, which was very challenging for me to do as I'm nervous about new experiences to begin with! As soon as I arrived at Mountain Trek, though, I didn't feel one bit lonely. You are surrounded by some of the most supportive people when you're there - and it was the hardest thing for me to say good-bye to. The staff is incredible. They ACTUALLY care about you, and they're not paying me to say this. I have never felt so tended to, so nurtured, so supported, and so strengthened.

The hikes are hard, its true, but they're worth it. I was the only person in Group 4 (meaning I was the slowest) but instead of being pressured to keep up with a faster group I was given my own guide to lead me through each hike and to give me all the rest stops and encouragement I needed to succeed.

The food is incredible.

Some people have said that the rooms are kind of plain, but I thought my room was perfect. The fact that each person gets their own room, and their own washroom, is a huge selling point. It was wonderful to have my own space to retreat to after a long sweaty day. The beds are comfy and some of the rooms have doors that open out on the beautiful mountain scenery. The chalet itself is very modern, filled with warm wood features, and has a yoga/fitness center and spa just a few footsteps away. There is also an outdoor hot tub. I've never felt so much like a pampered star, having a massage and then heading to the hot tub for a nice warm dip while enjoying the light breezes, the hot sun, and the breathtaking surroundings. Oh, and the massages are a blessing - you won't know how much you'll appreciate them until after your first hike.

This review is a little all over the place, but I'll end it by saying this: if you feel tired of the daily grind of life, if your body needs some help to relax and move towards being strong again, if you want a break from taking care of everyone else in your life, and if you can afford it, go to Mountain Trek. Its not about the weight lost, its about the self found. You'll truly leave feeling like a different person. Also, if you can afford it, go for two weeks. I could only go for one and would have given anything to be able to stay longer.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo

#5 of 10 in Nelson
Ainsworth Motel
Ainsworth Motel
#1 of 3 in Ainsworth Hot Springs

Been to Mountain Trek Fitness Retreat & Health Spa? Share your experiences!