Mountain Trek Fitness Retreat & Health Spa
US$155
Travelocity
Ainsworth Motel(Ainsworth Hot Springs)
Mermaid Lodge & Motel(Ainsworth Hot Springs)
No availability for your dates from our partners
Wedgwood Retreat(Crawford Bay)
No availability for your dates from our partners
TripAdvisor
All reviewsweight losslife changingbritish columbiagreat hikingreturned homesteam roomrancho la puertahot tubde stressinfrared saunadaily lifeeating habitssupportive stafffar exceeded my expectationsorganic mealsholistic approachlost lbs
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 May 2014

A life changing health and fitness immersion/intervention. An investment in my health and well-being. The healthiest possible thing I could do for myself. World-class experience. Saving my money to go again as soon as possible!

2007 BC
2008 CR

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 24 March 2014

My visit to Mountain Trek helped me reset my lifestyle to a more healthful approach. I have incorporated the things I learned at Mountain Trek into my life and 5 months later I have achieved all my physical goals.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank bjr58
Reviewed 18 March 2014

I headed to Mountain Trek 2 weeks after leaving my fast paced, high stress job of 12 years, I wanted a place to de-stress and reboot - Mountain Trek did the trick.
The food was delicious, resort is beautiful, location is stunning, massages are divine and the hot springs are a fantastic way to end the day. I was struck by the staff's passion for the Kootenay Valley, hiking, and Mountain Trek, it was really inspiring to hear about their backgrounds and what brought them to "the Koot"
The program is very busy and the days are full, but if you embrace it, you'll have an amazing time.
I wished I could have stayed for a second week, and hope to return again soon.

Room Tip: rooms were assigned in advance, my room was pretty small, but you really don't spend any time in your room, so don't stress about it.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank AmyOffDuty
Reviewed 17 March 2014

What a great way to jumpstart yourself into a new, healthier lifestyle! I came in exhausted, with low energy and feeling just wrecked. I left that ALL there and more... 6.5 lbs of body fat! I took home with me lean muscle, mental clarity and serenity. (The fact that it's drop dead gorgeous there and the accommodations and food were wonderful didn't hurt either!)

Just go and you'll be pleasantly surprised and rejuvenated in just one week. If I didn't have a 2 year old at home I would have stayed for a second week! I can only imagine the benefits from an additional 7 days of the massages, workouts, food, hot springs and... The views. The hikes are challenging but there are three groups to accommodate all levels and they do. You can move up or down in difficulty without anyone judging you. You learn about food, eating habits, timing for workouts and meals and so much more. A+++ Incredible staff and program. Can't wait until I go again!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Naia K
Reviewed 16 March 2014

I have been to Mountain Trek twice. The first time in May 2012 to Ainsworth, BC and the second time to Rancho la Puerta, Mexico in Nov. 2012. For me it was a life changing experience. For the first time in my life I pushed myself beyond my limits and am still reaping the rewards almost 2 years after my first visit.
I purposefully am writing my review after some time has elapsed because I wanted to see if my experience had long term effects. The answer is a resounding YES. I went into this very determined and dedicated and was expecting short term benefits, however I did not anticipate that everything I learned and experienced was going to stick for the long haul, but it has. Both facilities are world class, the food is spectacular and the nature hikes awe inspiring.This is truly a life changing experience and I can not recommend the retreat program and facilitators highly enough. The program seems a bit pricey at first glance but when you consider the life long benefits it is worth every penny. I managed to save up again and am planning my next visit and look forward to more progress and benefits.
The program really works!!!! Thanks to everyone involved. You all are very caring, knowledgable, motivating and inspiring.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo